This post is sponsored by Zappos.com.
When it comes to my workouts, my favorite motto is "Never Miss a Monday" because it sets the tone for my week and gets the momentum rolling with all of my healthy habits. Since it's Monday (helloooo, #mondaymotivation), let's get moving with a workout that you can do just about anywhere.
Wearing: Brooks Fremont Tank Top // Brooks Greenlight Capris // Brooks Juno Sports Bra // Brooks Glycerin <--- Did you know that Zappos.com sells more than just shoes!? It's true! They sell all sorts of awesome name brand apparel, handbags, and accessories for women, men, and kids! Woohoo!
With this running + bodyweight workout, there's no need for a gym or any sort of equipment. The only thing you need is your body and some space to run. Well, ok, you'll need an object (i.e. bench, curb) for Step-Ups and Tricep Dips, so just keep your eyes peeled! Coupled with high-intensity running (think: push-pace), you'll use your bodyweight in three different movements for a challenging, head-to-toe workout. I promise, it's a good one! Are you ready to sweat? Let's go!!
Here's the workout:
- Jog for 5-10 minutes (warm-up)
- Run 800 meters
- 15 Step-Ups with Leg Lift (each leg)
- 15 Plank Jacks
- 15 Triceps Dips
- Run 400 meters
- 12 Step-Ups with Leg Lift (each leg)
- 12 Plank Jacks
- 12 Triceps Dips
- Run 200 meters
- 9 Step-Ups with Leg Lift (each leg)
- 9 Plank Jacks
- 9 Triceps Dips
For more of a challenge, repeat the workout from the beginning (after the warm-up) as many times as you'd like. You can also start at the end of the workout with the set of 9 and work to the beginning, finishing with the set of 15 reps. It's totally up to you! And, of course, you can always add or subtract distance to the running intervals depending on your fitness level. Happy sweating!
Now that spring is here, I just can't get enough of the warm weather and sunshine! I seriously can't wait to get outside for more outdoor runs and driveway workouts! 🙂 It's finally time to ditch the long-sleeves and leggings (boo, winter layers) in exchange for lightweight performance tops, fun leggings, and some new running shoes to quite literally hit the ground running! Here are some details about my outfit pictured above:
- Brooks Fremont Tank Top: This tank is perfect for keeping you cool on warm-weather runs. It's lightweight with moisture-wicking fabric and perforated panels for even more ventilation. It's not super fitted, but it gives you a little shape at the same time.
- Brooks Greenlight Capris: I actually blogged about these running capris last week because they are THE BEST EVER. They fit really well with a wide, flat waist that slims and stays put. The waist hits semi-high on your waist, but still below your bellybutton, so there’s no need for a drawstring. The fabric is very Lululemon-esque (smooth, soft, and hugs in all the right places), so they're definitely a favorite!
- Brooks Juno Sports Bra: The Juno is my favorite sports bra for running because it's lightweight, breathable, and doesn't rub or chafe your skin. And, of course, I love its signature front-adjustable straps, which ensures the perfect fit (and it's amazing for breastfeeding moms)!
- Brooks Glycerin: My go-to running shoe! It's definitely a sneaker that I can rely on for long-distance running. The Glycerin provides a good amount of support and stability, but it's still a lightweight shoe. Love, love, love!
I also love, love, love how easy it is to shop Zappos.com. They offer FAST, FREE shipping and a 365-day return policy, which makes exchanges/returns a piece of cake, especially when you order a zillion pairs of gray top-siders. Ha! You can return them without a hassle!
Question of the Day
What's your go-to workout when you're traveling or away from your usual workout routine?
How often do you shop at Zappos.com?