Good morning, friends!
I hope your day is off to a better start than Murphy‘s. Poor pug. His life is so hard.
I started my morning with a humongous batch of overnight oats. I used up the last bit of yogurt from one of those big containers and then just got carried away adding ingredients. And, of course, by morning they doubled in size! Obviously, I ate the entire portion, no problem, but my stomach was so full! Haha! In the mix: plain yogurt, rolled oats, fresh blueberries, sliced almonds, chia seeds, cinnamon, and almond milk.
Over the weekend, I started flipping through a book called Always Have Popsicles: How to be the Best Grandparent and Really Enjoy Your Grandchildren that my mother-in-law received as a gift. It was an adorable book and filled with all kinds of advice as well as ideas and thoughts about how to have a great relationship with your grandchildren. It got me thinking about my own time as a kid with my grandparents, so here are some of my favorites from the book:
- Feed the birds
- Let them play in the rain in a bathing suit
- Always have dessert
- Teach them to set a proper table
- Always let them lick the bowl or beaters when making something good
- Buy anything they are selling to raise money for their church, school, soccer team, etc.
- Save your old clothes and accessories for dress up
- Take them to church
- Give them money to put into the collection plate
- Always have popsicles (At my Grammie’s house, it was JELL-O Pudding Pops. Those things were frickin’ delicious!!)
Speaking of my grandparents, they were on the cover of my hometown newspaper last week! How adorable are they?! This photo is from 1951.
Question of the Day
What are some of your favorite grandparent memories?
P.S. CNC was named one of the Top 25 CrossFit Blogs by SkinnyScoop! Feel free to cast a vote!