A New Day In The Life VI

Mastermind Weekend 1/16

Hey there!

I'm Tina

I’m the owner of Carrots ‘N’ Cake as well as a Certified Nutrition Coach and Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner (FDN-P). I use macros and functional nutrition to help women find balance within their diets while achieving their body composition goals.


An in-depth, 4-week reverse dieting course for women who feel like their metabolism has slowed down, think they might have hormonal imbalance and can’t lose weight no matter what they do.

Good morning!!!

Here’s another edition of A New Day In The Life! I really enjoy writing these posts as a way to document our new life with a baby, so here is a little snapshot into yesterday.

2:00 AM – Quinn wakes up. He’s making noises and kicking the crib, but he falls back to sleep. Thank goodness!

5:00 AM – Quinn wakes up again, but falls back to sleep. YESSSSS!

5:15 AM – Mal’s alarm goes off. He takes the baby monitor into the kitchen while he makes breakfast. I cuddle in bed with Murphy. Sleeping late, baby!

6:15 AM – I hear Mal say: “Let’s wake up Mom” and seconds later, there’s a baby inches away from my face. Goooooood morning, Quinn! Quinn and I cuddle in bed while Mal takes Murphy for a walk.

6:30 AM – We get out of bed. I make Quinn and myself breakfast. I eat while I feed him.

photo 1 (18) (800x800)

6:45 AM – Mal leaves for school.

7:00 AM – We finish eating and then we walk around the house, so Quinn can burp. I do random things with one hand.

7:15 AM – We play “butterflies” and “Magic Baby” (aka peekaboo with a ridiculous song that we made up). I check email, blog comments, and Instagram from my phone.

7:35 AM – I put Quinn in his “spaceship” and then get dressed/brush my teeth/make myself look presentable.

photo 3 (24) (800x600)

7:45 AM – Quinn starts rubbing his eyes and looking pretty tired, so I move him into his crib to see if he’ll nap. He gets nice and relaxed, but fights going to sleep. This nap is a no-go, but I’m not giving up quite yet. I pick him up and we walk around the house. I rub his back and sing to him. His body gets heavy and he rubs his face on my shoulder. He’s definitely tired, so I put him in his crib again and he falls right to sleep. Success!

photo 4 (14) (800x600)

8:00 AM – Quinn naps, so I clean up the kitchen, fold laundry, vacuum the couch, eat a spoonful of Justin’s maple almond butter, and then start this post.

8:55 AM – Quinn wakes up. I change his diaper and get him ready to go to KFIT.

photo 5 (5) (800x600)

9:10 AM – Drive to KFIT and drop Quinn off at daycare. He spits up as soon as we get there, so I change him into a new onesie. (I’ll never forget a change of clothes after the Hingham Beer Works poop explosion!)

photo 1 (2) (800x600)photo 2 (6) (800x600)

9:30 AM – I get my butt kicked at KFIT.

photo 3 (23) (800x600)

10:45 AM – I drive home. I debate stopping for an iced coffee, but then remember I just brewed a new pot of Marylou’s white chocolate chip, so I head straight home instead.

11:00 AM – Arrive home. Quinn falls asleep on the ride home, so I let him sleep in his car seat (in the house). I make myself a protein shake with SFH vanilla Recovery, iced coffee, SO Delicious nog coconut milk, and water. I turn on Live with Kelly and Michael and drink my protein shake while checking email.

photo 4 (13) (800x800)

11:15 AM – Quinn wakes up. We hang out on the couch and play with toys and the remote control (he’s obsessed). I finish my protein shake.

11:25 AM – Quinn starts to get a little fussy, which means it’s time to eat.

11:45 AM – Quinn is totally relaxed after eating, so I put him in his lounger and then bring it into the bathroom so I can take a shower.

12:00 PM – Time for lunch! I’m starving and so thankful that I did some Sunday food prep this week. In a bowl, I throw together some roasted sweet potatoes, sautéed kale, and leftover Crock Pot Buffalo Chicken, pop it in the microwave, pour on some more buffalo sauce, and eat. A healthy lunch in just minutes!

photo 4 (7) (800x600)

12:05 PM – While I am eating, I hear Murphy whining in the other room. Somehow, he knows there are dog bones (from Grandma) on the dining room table. I assume his squished pug nose smelled them, and I know he’s not going to stop whining until he gets one, so I get up and give him one. #spoiled

photo 3 (21) (800x600)

12:20 PM – I finish eating lunch. Quinn is playing in his bouncer and having a blast, so I move him into the kitchen while I unload the dishwasher and then make a 1/2 batch of Pick-Your-Flavor Pancake Cookies. (This batch: SO Delicious nog coconut milk + Justin’s maple almond butter + butterscotch chip cookies.)

12:55 PM – I attempt to get Quinn down for a nap in his crib. He’s super relaxed and almost asleep, so I leave his room and hope he drifts off.

1:00 PM – I make myself a mug of Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride Tea and grab a couple of cookies to go with it. I hear Quinn crying, which means our first attempt at a nap was unsuccessful. I pick him up, walk around the house, and try again. This time, the nap was a success!

photo 1 (3) (800x600)

1:10 PM – Quinn is sound asleep, so I reheat my tea and eat my cookies while working on this post and tackling my inbox, which is an absolute nightmare.

2:00 PM – Quinn wakes up. We hang out on the couch with Murphy. Quinn starts to get a little fussy, so I assume it is time to eat again. (He was definitely hungry!)

photo 1 (5) (800x600)

2:45 PM – I make another mug of tea and eat a few (hundred) handfuls of trail mix. I play with Quinn and we practice sitting up.


3:15 PM – I put Quinn in his bouncer and lay on the couch. It makes no sense, but now that I am getting more sleep, I am sooooo tired. Maybe all of those sleepless nights finally caught up with me?

3:20 PM – Quinn starts to cry. We walk around the house. We pet Murphy. We play “Who’s That Baby?”

3:30 PM – Quinn starts rubbing his eyes, so I put him in his crib, but there is no way he is going to sleep. He is wiiiidddddee awake, so I put him in his swing to see if it will chill him out.

3:35 PM – Mal gets home. Everyone is happy to see him!

photo 1 (6) (800x600)

3:45 PM – I take Murphy for a walk.

4:1o PM – Murphy and I get home from our walk. Mal leaves for CrossFit. Quinn, Murphy, and I relax on the couch.

photo 2 (2) (800x600)

4:20 PM – I try to put Quinn down for a nap. No luck, so we walk around the house. He gets really upset and his crying eventually turns into screaming, so I take him for a drive in the car to calm him down. Poor Peanut.

5:15 PM – We return home. Quinn is sound asleep. I reheat some American Chop Suey and roasted broccoli for dinner. I chow down. I do some work. I eat a cookie.

5:30 PM – Quinn wakes up. We hang out for a bit and then I get things ready for his evening bath.

5:45 PM – I give Quinn a bath, put him in his PJs, feed him, burp him.

6:40 PM – I put Quinn to bed. I eat chocolate-covered potato chips (they are incredible) with Mal while watching TV.


6:50 PM – I get ready for bed.

7:00 PM – I climb into bed, read for awhile.

7:55 PM – Lights out.

The end.



  1. Thank you for sharing!

    I especially appreciate the reality of your posts, you hold nothing back, not even the chocolate covered Lays! You’re blog really makes me take on my nutrition in a calm, relaxed manner, whereas before I was so uptight, I felt like a robot on a cookie cutter diet. I don’t ever want to be that person that says things like “Grapes have too many carbs!!” Are you kidding me?!??


  2. Sounds like a great day! I haven’t done a post like this one since I became a full-time personal trainer and Zumba instructor, but maybe my clients would like a peek into what it takes to get ready for their workouts 🙂

  3. Thanks so much for sharing! I love these posts! I would imagine one of your favorite parts of the day is cuddling with Quinn first thing in the morning? Those chips sound delicious! I miss chocolate covered pretzels (gluten intolerant), so these are definitely close to that. And I’m a big fan of Ben & Jerry’s Late Night Snack flavor.

  4. I loved this post! My kids are a little older now, but I so remember days like that-everything in few minute intervals and trying to get things done with one hand! Also just adore the baby pics-my youngest is also a ginger😊

  5. My friend has 5 month old twin baby boys and she was struggling with bed/nap times. I do not know much about this product, but I know she was skeptical and only bought one. After a few days she had ordered her other twin one and couldn’t wait for it to arrive!


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Join the community!

Get recipes, workouts. and discounts straight to your inbox for FREE!
© 2022 Carrots ‘N’ Cake. All Rights Reserved | An Elite CafeMedia Food Publisher | Funnel Build & Design by: Maria Filipina Co.