A New Day in the Life III

Mastermind Weekend 1/16

Hey there!

I'm Tina

I’m the owner of Carrots ‘N’ Cake as well as a Certified Nutrition Coach and Functional Diagnostic Nutrition Practitioner (FDN-P). I use macros and functional nutrition to help women find balance within their diets while achieving their body composition goals.


An in-depth, 4-week reverse dieting course for women who feel like their metabolism has slowed down, think they might have hormonal imbalance and can’t lose weight no matter what they do.

Good morning! Thanks for all of your hair dryer recommendations. You guys rule!

Here’s another peek into our new day in the life!

1:30 AM: Mal comes home from his softball game and hanging out with the guys. Murphy, our guard dog, hears him. He doesn’t bark, but he jumps off the bed and annoyingly whines and scratches at the bedroom door, so I wake up. Mal and I hangout and chat for a bit.

2:00 AM: We go to bed.

2:11 AM: Q wakes up and wants to eat.

2:12 AM: Q chows down.

3:00 AM: We go back to bed. Q is smiling and wiggling when I put him in his Pack N Play, so I don’t think he’s going back to sleep, but I shut off the lights anyway, climb into bed myself, and hope for the best. He makes a few noises, but then falls asleep. Yessss! I’m a paranoid freak, so I get out of bed and use the light from my iPhone to check on him. He’s fine.

5:50 AM: I hear Q starting to wake up. My stomach is growling and I REALLY want an iced coffee, so I sneak off to the kitchen before I pick him up. Murphy follows me out of the bedroom, so I feed him breakfast.

6:00 AM: I put my snack in the living room and then say “good morning” to Q. I get LOTS of smiles.

6:02 AM: I feed Q, eat my waffle, and drink my iced coffee. Calories in, calories out.

photo 1 (800x600) (2)

6:10 AM: I hear Murphy scratch at the back door. He wants to go out. I’m in the middle of feeding Q, so he has to wait. Poor Murphy.

6:17 AM: Q eats, but he doesn’t seem super hungry. He’s putting forth a subpar effort, so I give him his WubbaNub and we cuddle on the couch. I watch the news.

photo 2 (8) (800x800)

6:33 AM: Q is sound asleep. I put him in his lounger and let Murphy out. I fold the laundry.

6:40 AM: I break out my laptop and do some work.

6:55 AM: Mal wakes up. We chat for a bit. He goes back to bed. Murphy does too.

photo 4 (3) (800x600)

7:00 AM: I pour myself another iced coffee and get some dark chocolate chunks and almonds to snack on. I notice the chocolate bag is almost empty, which means I’ve eaten almost the entire thing myself in just 4 days. #allthechocolate

7:02 AM: I remember there’s more laundry in the dryer. I run downstairs to get it. Fold it.

7:15 AM: I take my meds. I dropped down to 2.5 mg of Prednisone for the first time. (I’m currently on a super slow wean.) I pray my body doesn’t freak out.

7:16 AM: Back to work.

7:25 AM: Q wakes up. He’s wiggling and smiling. We play, talk, and laugh. He screeches with happiness at times! So cute.

photo 5 (2) (800x800)

7:40 AM: Diaper change. Clean baby eye boogers.

7:47 AM: I put Q in his lounger while I pair socks together.

7:50 AM: Q gets fussy, so I pick him up and we walk, bounce, and sing songs around the house. He burps a few times and then spits up. He’s mostly calm, so we go outside in the backyard and talk about nature. He picks his head up a bunch of times and looks at things. Q eventually falls asleep on my shoulder. He’s so sweet and cuddly, I just hold him.

8:30 AM: Q gets fussy. It’s time to eat again!

8:40 AM: I instagram a photo of the delicious cereal that I ate after dinner the night before.

photo 1 (8) (800x800)

8:45 AM: Mal wakes up, pours himself an iced coffee, and empties the dishwasher.

9:00 AM: Q finishes eating. We hang out on the couch and watch Kelly and Michael on TV. More smiling. More talking. Some pooping (him, not me).

9:10 AM: Mal offers to make me breakfast.

9:20 AM: Mal takes over baby duty while I shower/brush my teeth/get ready for the day.

photo 4 (4) (800x600)

9:40 AM: Mal walks Murphy. I’m on baby duty. I eat breakfast while Q lounges.

photo 2 (9) (800x600)

9:47 AM: Mal goes to school for a few hours. Q and I read Moo, Baa, LaLaLa.

photo 3 (2) (800x800)

10:00 AM: Playtime on the floor. We do “tummy time” and then I let Q whack butterflies. Meanwhile, I pick up the living room, dust, and de-fur things.

10:25 AM: Q gets fussy. I pick him up. We walk, talk, and bounce around the house. He burps. He spits up. He falls asleep on my shoulder.

10:40 AM: I put Q in his bed. I do some work, which includes starting this post.

photo 5 (3) (800x800)

11:30 AM: I feel a little hungry, so I eat some cantaloupe and then some Rosemary & Black Pepper almonds.

11:55 AM: Q wakes up. He is hungry! Time to eat again!

12:20 PM: My mom, sister, and Matthew arrive at our house for a visit. We eat lunch and hangout.

photo 5 (3) (800x600) (800x600)

Cappuccino Lay’s = no bueno. I’m glad that I tried them, but I’d never buy a bag. The initial taste is pretty good, but then it goes away and you’re just eating a potato chip. Eh, not a fan.

photo 3 (1) (800x800) (800x800)

Brownie Brittle = DELICIOUS! They’re like edges of brownies in cracker form. My sister bought them at Costco, and they’re so good!

photo 4 (2) (800x800) (800x800)

photo 2 (7) (800x450)

3:30 PM: My family says goodbye and heads home. The timing actually works out great because they beat rush hour traffic and Q is hungry again, so I feed him. Mal is home now, so he walks Murphy and then takes over baby duty.

4:15 PM: I eat two bowls of Berry Fruitful cereal and work on this post.

photo 1 (800x600) (2)

4:45 PM: I get dressed for CrossFit. Put away laundry. Water plants outside. Pick up around the house. Hangout with my boys.

5:10 PM: I stop by CVS to pick up a prescription and buy some diapers. I drive to CrossFit.

5:30 PM: CrossFit

6:45 PM: I get home from CrossFit. Feed Q. (Mal already gave him half a bottle.)

7:15 PM: Put Q to bed. He is so tired. Take a shower. Mal cooks dinner.

7:30 PM: Eat dinner (taco salads). Watch TV.

7:45 PM: Clean up kitchen.

7:55 PM: Work on this post. Eat dark chocolate chunks and almonds.

8:33 PM: Get ready for bed.

8:39 PM: Go to bed.

The end.



  1. Thanks for sharing! Your post brings up a question that I’ve had on my mind lately.. My husband and I are kidless and hope to start having children in the next 2ish years. We are also thinking of getting a dog this fall- I’ve heard mixed opinions around getting a dog before kids. Some say it’s the best thing they could have done while some say it’s the worst because the dog has become a thorn in their side when baby arrives. Any insight or advice you have for balacing a dog with your first baby?

    1. Murphy still gets A LOT of attention from us. Not as much as before because of Q, but we still do our best to spend a lot of time with him. He’s basically our first born! Haha!

  2. Haha! I love this! My girl is 8 weeks and life is chunks of time between naps, feedings and fussiness. The other day, it took me 4 hours to get a few dishes washed, between all the interruptions. You captured it perfectly!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *


Join the community!

Get recipes, workouts. and discounts straight to your inbox for FREE!
© 2022 Carrots ‘N’ Cake. All Rights Reserved | An Elite CafeMedia Food Publisher | Funnel Build & Design by: Maria Filipina Co.