Hi and happy Fri-yay! It’s been a great first week of June (my favorite month!). We’re one week down with the Macro Tracking Challenge… just 12 days to go, which means 12 days until I enter my last year in my thirties! It’s been awesome watching you all kick butt at the challenge, and I definitely appreciate the extra accountability. Now that it’s the weekend, so we’ll see how things go! 😉
Anyway, today’s edition of the Friday 5 is a mix-match of things from kitchen tools to skincare savers and my favorite sunglasses. I hope you enjoy it – and I hope you enjoy your weekend, friends!
1. Fullstar Cutter-Veggie Spiralizer + Vegetable Pro-Food Chopper and Dicer – I didn’t think I needed yet another kitchen gadget, but my friend convinced me I needed this chopper. And honestly, it’s been the best $20 I’ve spent in a while. It is a game-changer for meal prep, cutting the time it takes to cut veggies by more than half! You can see it in action in this video.
2. Beautycounter Acne Trifecta – I deal with hormonal breakouts from time to time (ugh, does acne ever go away!?), which are always super annoying. But, luckily, I’ve found a trio of Beautycounter products that help keep them at bay. I use the Countercontrol Clear Pore Cleanser daily, the Overnight Resurfacing Peel a few times a week (this is a must-have for all skin!), and then the Charcoal Balancing Mask about once a week, or as need for a spot treatment. If you struggle with acne as well, let me send you some samples! Just leave your name and mailing address here, and I’ll drop some in the mail to you! I have about 50 samples, so first come, first serve! 🙂
3. Just Thrive Probiotics – I first heard about these probiotics on an episode of The Wellness Mama. (If you don’t listen to this podcast, definitely add it to your must-listen list!) The episode was so incredibly enlightening. I thought I knew quite a bit about probiotics and gut health given my experience with ulcerative colitis, but I realized I knew practically nothing about them! There are so many misconceptions and myths about probiotics that blew my mind. One big misconception is that probiotics need to be refrigerated – at least the “good” ones that are most effective. I mean, think about the refrigerated cases at health food stores. They’re filled with expensive probiotics. But… think about it for a second. Your body is typically 98.6 degrees F. Active probiotics cultures need to survive your GI track and make it to your gut to be effective. If they’re suppose to be kept cold, there’s no way they could survive your body’s temperature. That’s why Thrive’s probiotics are made from SPORES! The specialized spore-based bacilli formulation guarantees the survivability of the probiotic strains through the stomach and upper digestive system. It not only provides digestive and immune support as a potent probiotic, but also delivers powerful and necessary antioxidants to the GI tract.
The nice people from Thrive actually sent me a bottle of their probiotics to try, and I’m really loving them. Both my skin and GI have been really happy lately! 🙂 They also hooked you guys up with a 15% off code (use carrotsncake at checkout) if you place an order on their website.
4. Health Warrior Protein Muffins – I know I’ve shared these muffins before, but I’ve been on a serious kick lately! Health Warrior makes THE BEST plant-based (no dairy, gluten, eggs) microwaveable protein muffins. Each one has 12g of plant-based protein. I love the blueberry and peanut butter chocolate chip flavors, especially with a spoonful of melty nut butter. They’re perfect as a SATISFYING post-workout or afternoon snack as well as a sweet treat at the end of the night. I also love these muffins because they help me hit my protein goal! FYI: You can save 20% on your order with code carrotsncake20!
5. Persol sunglasses – I’ve owned these sunglasses for years, but I still get compliments on them to this day. They’re super comfortable and functional, and go with everything. I like how they fit my face and can wear them on a walk with Murphy or take them out for date night. They’re also super high-quality and have held up SO WELL over the years!
- How To Make Air Fryer Cauliflower Gnocchi
- The Hair Care Products I Can’t Live Without
- Secret Ingredient Double Chocolate Fudge Cookies (Kid-Approved)
- High-Protein Vegetarian Breakfasts (That Aren’t Eggs)
- Meal Prep High-Protein Artichoke Parmesan Pasta
Sales of the Week
- Lole Genevieve Romper (40% off)
- Athleta Run Free 7/8 Tight (60% off)
- Athleta Circuit Bra (50% off)
- Prana Crestland Pullover Sweater (60% off)
- Prana Janessa Pant (20% off)
- Frye Sacha Moto Shortie Boot (20% off)
Question of the Day
Do you have a favorite probiotic supplement?
This post contains some affiliate links, which means I will earn a small commission from the company if you decide to purchase the product linked to. This compensation helps with expenses to keep CNC up and running. Thank you for your support!