I’m just popping in with a quick post to share some recent happenings and favorites. I didn’t write my usual weekend recap because, well, we didn’t do all that much. We got a bunch of snow, so we basically hung out around the house, which, for me, made me a bit stir crazy. It’s typically tough for me to sit still and relax (but I’m working on it), but I got a lot done around the house with regard to cooking, cleaning, organizing, etc. At least I was productive, right? 🙂
First, let’s pick a winner for the CAVA giveaway. Thank you to everyone who entered! And if you haven’t visited a CAVA yet, please make it a priority on your To Do List. It’s so darn delicious! Here’s your winner:
My favorite spread combo is tzatziki and harissa!
Congrats, Emily! Please email me at email@example.com with your CAVA account email address.
Ok, now onto this morning’s blog post… here are some “things” for your Tuesday!
1. We got a lot of snow over the weekend – one storm on Saturday and then another on Sunday night. The boys (minus Murphy) were especially excited about it! 🙂
2. I tried the gluten-free brunch menu at Davio’s in Braintree, and it was delicious! The restaurant invited Mal and me for brunch, so we enjoyed a day date on Sunday afternoon. I ordered the salmon burger followed by the pistachio creme brulee – and, my gosh, I was impressed. We don’t typically dine at Davio’s, but now that I know they have such awesome gluten-free menus (for dinner and lunch too) and amazing food, we’ll definitely visit more often! 🙂
3. Mal and I watched the Free Solo documentary last night – Guys, it was incredible and a bit insane. My hands were SO SWEATY watching Alex Honnold as he climbed Yosemite’s 3,000 ft high El Capitan wall – with NO ropes or safety gear. NONE AT ALL, PEOPLE! It’s crazy. The documentary is definitely worth a watch, and I heard (from Mal, obviously) that there’s an awesome Joe Rogan podcast with Alex on it.
4. Beautycounter is offering a super discounted enrollment fee for new consultants – If you’ve ever thought about becoming one, NOW is the time. Just sent me a message to learn more!
5. I loved this post: 4 Healthy Vegetarian Slow Cooker Freezer Meals! I definitely want to try some of these recipes and freeze for later!
6. The last 2 nights, Quinn fell asleep on me while sitting on the couch, and it was amazing. He’s growing up so fast, so I’m embracing all of these moments like it’s my job. I just see him being 12 years old and not wanting to cuddle with his Mumma anymore. Mal assures me that Quinn will always need his Mumma in some way, but I just feel like the time is flying by.
7. We’re loving RightRice lately! High-protein rice made from vegetables? Sign me up! The nice people from RightRice sent me some samples to try, and we were instant fans! It’s delicious, nutritious, and only takes 12 minutes to make! You can buy it online (no, seriously, just Amazon Prime some right to your house, trust me), Whole Foods, and other locations.
Question of the Day
Got any “things” to share this morning?
P.S. Check out all of the awesome sales this week!
LL Bean Soft Cotton Rugby, Hoodie Pullover (10% off)
ZELLA Bright Side Pullover (40% off)
Athleta Skinny Crop Jean Granite Wash ($49.99)
Patagonia Better Sweater Full-Zip Hooded Jacket (40% off)
Athleta Herringbone Metro High Waisted Legging ($33.99)
Athleta Flurry Scuba Hoodie Long Sleeve ($49.99)
Gibson Cozy Ribbed Cardigan (25% off)