This post is sponsored by Blue Apron.
The Hauperts have been eating well lately! Check out some of the delicious meals we’ve eaten in the past few weeks!
From top left:
- Hanger Steaks & Roasted Potatoes with SautÃ©ed Long Beans & Tomato
- Pan-Seared Salmon & Heirloom Potato Salad
- Rice & Beef-Stuffed Poblano Peppers with Lime-Crema
- Chicken Sata with Peanut Sauce
- Oven-Fried Chicken
- Heirloom Potato & Kale Hash with Farm Eggs & Aged Cheddar Cheese
- Salmon Burgers
- Parmesan-Basil Chicken Patties
- Shrimp Summer Rolls with Spicy Peanut Dipping Sauce
I recently had the opportunity to try out a complimentary 3-week subscription to Blue Apron, so Mal and I have been busy creating delicious, chef-designed recipes at home.
We loving cooking together, so it’s been fun preparing the Blue Apron meals!
Ok, so let me tell you about Blue Apron just in case you’ve never heard of it.
Blue Apron delivers all the ingredients you need to cook these delicious meals””right to your doorstep in exactly the right proportions, so there’s no need to go to the grocery store or waste unused ingredients. Love that.
The ingredients from Blue Apron are delivered in a refrigerated box, so they stay fresh even if you’re not at home when your package arrives. (You select online which day of the week you want your shipment to arrive. I picked Saturday since I usually do my grocery shopping for the week then.) The ingredients are incredibly fresh and sourced from local suppliers and artisans.
And you really get everything you need to make the recipes””from wooden skewers to spice blends and everything in between!
Blue Apron sends you three meals each week””for two, four, or six people, depending on what you select. The meals are $9.99 per person with free shipping. Blue Apron is available nationwide, shipping to over 80% of the country and there’s no commitment””you can skip a week or cancel the service at any time.
All meals can be prepared in 40 minutes or less and each is between 500-700 calories per person. And, most of the time, we had leftovers, so you get a good amount of food with each meal!
It was also fun to get an email every week telling you what was on the menu for the following week. It made me really excited for the coming meals!
The convenience of Blue Apron is what I loved most about this service (you just load the ingredients into your fridge – simple as that), but I also loved that it taught me how to make new recipes, which definitely got me out of a cooking rut and making the same old things for dinner over and over again.
Each Blue Apron meal comes with a recipe card that also includes step-by-step instructions, which made preparing the meals a piece of cake.
Sure, I know how to cook, but Blue Apron taught me a number of new cooking skills that I will definitely use in the future.
Speaking of which…
5 New Cooking Skills I Learned from Blue Apron
- How to make really good oven-friend chicken with just three ingredients. Panko crumbs, buttermilk, and spices are the secret ingredients. Holy yum! And it was SO EASY to make. I will definitely make the Oven-Fried Chicken again!
- How to quickly roast potatoes in the oven. Apparently, I haven’t been turning the temperature on my oven high enough! One of the Blue Apron recipes instructed heating the oven to 500 degrees F to roast potatoes. The potatoes cooked in 20 minutes, which is about 10-15 minutes faster than I am used to!
- How to use herbs to enhance a simple veggie dish. SautÃ©ed corn with fresh basil, a little olive oil, salt, and pepper”¦ OMG, so delicious. Try it! You won’t be disappointed!
- How to make a ridiculously delicious peanut sauce. Blue Apron had two different recipes for peanut sauce during my trial and both were sooooo good! I will definitely recreate them in the future. It was basically just whisking together peanut butter, soy sauce, sesame oil and/or mirin and some sriracha or hot sauce. Delish!
- How to pan-sear salmon. Cooking fish always use to intimidate me (I didn’t want to mess it up), but pan-searing salmon is so easy and so FAST! You have a nutritious, lean protein in just minutes!
One lucky CNC reader will win a week of meals for 2 servings from Blue Apron!
To enter: Check out what’s on the menu for the week and leave a comment about the recipe you would most like to create. (FYI: The winner must have a shipping address in one of Blue Apron’s delivery zones.) I will randomly pick a winner on Monday morning.
P.S. Blue Apron is offering CNC readers an awesome discount offer right now. The first 100 readers to sign up will get two free meals on their first Blue Apron order! Blue Apron also has a cookbook that features all sorts of incredible recipes””be sure to check it out!
I would love to try the Japanese Okonomiyaki!
The fresh cavatelli sounds delicious!