Good morning, friends!
We're back from Burlington and we had an absolutely wonderful time. What a great a great city! It was a relatively short trip, but we managed to fit in a lot. That said, here are 43 fun things from our trip!
1. Quinn was awesome during our 5 hour drive to Burlington. (Holy traffic!)
2. At one point, he started to get a little fussy (he did not want to be in his car seat anymore), so I moved into the backseat to keep him company/entertain him.
3. Apparently, Quinn was just bored because we ended up having a blast together. I had him practically busting a gut because he was laughing so hard!
4. We broke up the trip by stopping for dinner at The Seven Barrel Brewery.
5. I ordered a garden salad with chicken and sweet potato fries with honey mustard on the side of both.
6. Quinn ate mac & cheese, but avoided the hot dogs, which was totally understandable.
7. After dinner, Dada and Quinn went on a "guys' adventure" to check out a nearby tractor.
8. It was just about bedtime, so we did our usual routine (minus a bath) in the back of our car.
9. It worked like a charm because Quinn slept soundly for the rest of the drive to Burlington.
10. The next morning, we explored Church Street, which is one of our favorite places ever.
11. It was an absolutely beautiful day and we thoroughly enjoyed the sights and sounds of downtown.
13. We bought a half dozen doughnuts at Doughnut Dilemma.
14. I only tried two of them (apple fritter + coconut), but they were incredible. Highly recommended.
15. We enjoyed breakfast with our friends at their house. It was so nice to catch up. We already miss them!
16. We wandered around the farmer's market.
17. We enjoyed checking out all of the different vendors.
18. Quinn especially liked seeing all of the different dogs at the farmer's market!
19. We enjoyed a delicious (and very fun) lunch at Sweetwaters.
20. Quinn's new dinosaur (from the Dollar Spot at Target) was a huge hit.
21. It totally cracked him up! (I love his face in the photo below!)
22. I ate Poutine for lunch. Mmm!
23. Cheers to an awesome lunch!
24. We visited the ECHO Lake Aquarium and Science Center.
25. Quinn absolutely loved it, especially the exhibits that involved water.
26. He was so wet by the end, we needed to change his clothes!
27. Quinn touched a starfish for the first time!
28. He also played at the water table for a lonngggg time!
29. He saw lots of different kinds of fish.
30. The BIG ones were his favorite!
31. Quinn may or may not have tried to kiss a few fish.
32. Quinn really enjoyed watching the boats on Lake Champlain.
33. We took a family photo there!
34. We bought some delicious Creamies!
35. We also had a very happy hour at Juniper's outdoor patio.
36. We popped into Muddy Waters for drinks and snacks.
37. I ordered an iced chia latte and an almond butter-coconut cookie. Both were excellent.
38. I enjoyed an epic breakfast sandwich + a maple almond milk iced latte on Sunday morning.
39. And then we said goodbye to Burlington until the next time.
40. My super cozy sweatshirt is from Brooks.
41. It was perfect for the cool Fall morning in Burlington. AND it's reversible. How fun is that? It's teal and gray on the inside.
43. The end.
Question of the Day
Your turn! Name some fun things from your weekend!
Something you wore:
Food or drink: