You guys know that I’m ALL about easy recipes and meal ideas. I always look for ones with simple steps and not too many ingredients. I’m often cooking two (or more!) meals a night because, hey, picky three year old, so the easier and faster I can get dinner on the table, the better!
This recipe for Maple Bacon Potato Hash comes together in about 10 minutes (if you prep the potatoes ahead of time). I cut them up on Sunday afternoon and stored them in the refrigerator overnight in a container with a lid, so they were ready to go for dinner the next night. Then, the meal came together in the time that it took the bacon and potatoes to cook. Easy-peasy! I used mixed vegetables, but you can use whatever “steamfresh” veggies you’d like. Feel free to get creative and customize to what you and your family most enjoy. I hope you love this easy meal as much as we do!
24 ounces red potatoes, chopped into 1-inch pieces
1 pound maple bacon
10 ounces steam-able vegetables of your choice
- Cut bacon into 1-inch pieces and then place in a large skillet on the stove top.
- Heat bacon on medium-high heat until about 80% cooked. Then, add cup potatoes and combine with bacon fat.
- Cover skillet and cook for about 7 minutes or until potatoes are soft. Toss potatoes after 3-4 minutes to prevent sticking.
- Meanwhile, cook veggies in the microwave according to directions.
- Once potatoes are finished cooking, use a slotted spoon to remove them as well as the bacon pieces from the fat and transfer to a large mixing bowl.
- Combine potatoes, bacon, and veggies and serve immediately!
- Serving Size: 6
- Fat: 31
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Protein: 33
Keywords: breakfast, bacon, hash, gluten-free, dairy-free