I’ve mentioned on the blog in recent months, I’ve limited the amount of eggs I’m eating due to skin issues (acne) that I’ve dealt with which seems like forever. My skin improved dramatically, so I slowly started to incorporate eggs again – basically, 2-3 eggs per week because, well, I missed them (I love a good egg sandwich!) and they’re so good for you.
At first, I didn’t have any sort of reaction, but then the breakouts started to happen again. Whomp whomp. And, to seal the deal, my EverlyWell results had eggs as one of my top reactive foods. Boo. I’m not saying I’ll never ever have eggs again – I do fine if they’re mixed into a recipe or baked good – I just shouldn’t have them on a regular basis.
Initially, it was super tough to find breakfast recipes that did not include eggs, and I was a little stumped as to what the heck to eat. Fortunately, I’ve found tons of delicious, egg-free combos that hit the spot. It meant stepping outside the traditional “breakfast” box, but I feel like I also got control of my craving for something sweet first thing in the morning. I mean, turkey burgers and roasted Brussels sprouts for breakfast? Sounds a little weird, but I swear, it works! I’ve really started to enjoy a whole new variety of morning eats!
With that, here are 30+ ideas for breakfast when you don’t eat eggs. I hope they help inspire some new meals and break you out of a breakfast rut!
1. Rice cakes or toast with nut butter + cinnamon
2. Rice cakes or toast with peanut butter and banana slices
3. Rice cakes or toast with mashed avocado + your favorite seasoning
4. Breakfast tacos with mashed sweet potatoes, spinach, and shredded chicken
6. Chicken sausage with greens and potatoes
8. Turkey burger with melted cheese + sauteed greens
9. Greek yogurt with granola + fruit
11. Shredded chicken, greens, and butternut squash
13. Avocado toast with tomato and bacon slices on top
16. Oatmeal with collagen, berries, and nut butter
19. Cottage cheese on toast with jam
20. Smoked salmon and cream cheese toast
21. Spinach salad with grilled salmon and dressing of choice
23. Trader Joe’s Cauliflower Gnocchi with butter + grated Parmesan
26. RXBAR and a piece of whole fruit
27. Avocado smoothie
28. Breakfast sausage + sautéed greens
And here are even more Eggless Paleo Breakfast Ideas!