As much as I enjoy cooking and being creative in the kitchen, some nights I just don’t want a big ol’ elaborate recipe to make or mess to clean up. I mean, keeping a clean house is tough enough with a little one running around and a dog that sheds non-stop, right?
They’re super cute, so no big deal, but I’m always on the hunt for simple one-pan meals that come together quickly and effortlessly, especially if it’s one that I can just throw together and “wing it” with the ingredients.
One of my favorite parts of this One-Pan Roasted Kielbasa & Veggies “recipe” is that it’s totally customizable. I often base our meals off what I can find in our veggie drawer or what’s in the freezer. (Hey, I’m all about keeping my grocery shopping trips to once per week!) You could totally swap out any of these vegetables based on what you have on-hand or your personal preferences. I’ve made it with sweet potato, fennel, and zucchini, which all turned out deliciously! You can also swap out kielbasa with chicken sausage or your preference of protein. I love the kielbasa for the extra flavor and to get us out of our chicken rut. Feel free to try out your family’s favorites!
A few other fun ways you can mix up the flavors while keeping it simple is by adding some herbs (dried or fresh) and spices! Both can totally change the flavor profile of a meal, which is something I’ve started to do much more frequently. Try adding red pepper flakes for a kick, Italian seasoning for a twist or even my favorite Trader Joe’s Everything Bagel Seasoning. Yes, it can go on everything! Additionally, tossing the veggies in balsamic vinegar or trying a big squeeze of lemon juice to finish it off are tasty ways to mix things up.
And, finally, the BEST part about this recipe is that it’s a total breeze on the prep and clean-up fronts. You could even grab a few bags of pre-chopped veggies if you want to speed up the process and ditch an extra step. I love using a silicone baking mat, which I highly recommend having in your set of kitchen tools. If you don’t have one handy, feel free to grab parchment paper or coat your baking sheet with cooking spray for easier cleanup.
I hope you love this recipe as much as we have lately – you’ve likely seen many variations of it over on my Instagram Stories. If you try it, please leave a comment and let me know what combo you tried since I’m always looking for new ideas and inspiration!
One-Pan Roasted Kielbasa & Veggies
- 1 pound kielbasa (or chicken) sausage
- 1 pound Brussels sprouts, sliced in half
- 1 pound baby potatoes, sliced in half
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into florets
- 3-4 large carrots, sliced
- 1/2 large onion, sliced
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Toss chopped veggies in a bowl with oil and add to lined baking sheet. (I like to use silicon mats for super easy clean up.)
- Place sliced kielbasa (or sausage of choice) on top of veggies.
- Pop pan in the oven for 25 minutes, tossing 1-2 times.
- Remove from oven and serve!
- Chop kielbasa and veggies ahead of time and store in the fridge until you’re ready to cook them up.
- Double the recipe and place on 2 baking sheets for plenty of reheat-able leftovers.