Hi, guys! Happy Sunday!
It’s freeeeezing here (it was -3 degrees F when I woke up), so we’re just hanging out and getting things done around the house. More on that in a minute!
Since it’s Sunday and you might be doing some meal planning or food prep today, I wanted to share one of the easiest and most delicious dinners I’ve ever created. Seriously, we’ve made this same meal 3 weeks in a row now, and we’re still obsessed. It’s a recipe for 5-ingredient (yep) barbecue chicken with bacon (!) made in a single pan. Guys, it doesn’t get easier than this! Definitely check out the recipe below, give it a whirl, and let me know what you think. It’s definitely a good one! But, first, here are some photos from yesterday.
My Saturday morning started with a new favorite breakfast: Two rice cakes – one with peanut butter, banana slices, and cinnamon and the other with avocado and Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. So good and so filling!
After breakfast, Quinn and I headed to CrossFit while Mal got started on tiling the backsplash in our kitchen. (Thanks to everyone who weighed in on our options!)
At CrossFit, I did a fun partner workout with my friend Marisa. I made it to the front squats, no problem, but then scaled the weight to #35 just to be safe. I didn’t feel any pain in my back or hip, but there was definitely some weird pressure in the area, so I decided not to push it. The rest of the workout went fine, and I felt great!
After CrossFit, Quinn and I swung by Coffee Shack for an iced coffee and donut. He picked a chocolate-frosted with sprinkles! 🙂
We ran into some friends at Coffee Shack, so we hung out with them for a little while.
Then, it was off to Trader Joe’s to do our grocery shopping for the week. Quinn found “Larry the Lobster” and got a lollipop! 🙂
I found some Hi-Protein Veggie Burgers at Trader Joe’s that have good marcos, decent ingredients, and vegan, so I figured I’d share.
I had one with buffalo sauce yesterday afternoon as a snack, and they’re pretty tasty!
Back at home, the backsplash project was in full effect!
Both Mal and Quinn were starving, so I made everyone lunch in our crazy kitchen. After that, Quinn went down for his nap, so I headed into my office to work for a couple of hours. When he woke up, Mal was still in the midst of backsplash madness, so I kept Qman occupied for the rest of the evening. We played all sorts of fun games, built epic blanket forts, and even baked a batch of cookies! 🙂
Stud Finder + paperclips was a huge hit!
Cookie recipe coming to CNC soon!
Today, Mal and one of his buddies are finishing off the backsplash. It was a much more complicated project than he intended, but it’s coming together and looking great. I’ll share photos of the final product with you guys soon!
One-Pan BBQ Chicken
- 6 pieces of thick-cut bacon, chopped into bite-size pieces
- 6 chicken thighs, approximately 1.5 pounds
- 2 cups frozen chopped peppers and onions <— I used the fire-roasted ones from Trader Joe’s
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- In a large skillet on medium-high heat, cook bacon pieces until browned.
- In the same skillet with the bacon, add the chicken thighs and cook on both sides until browned and cooked through.
- Add peppers, onions, and diced tomatoes and continue to cook until peppers and onions are warm and no longer frozen.
- Reduce heat to simmer and then stir in the barbecue sauce. Continue to simmer until sauce is heated through.
- Serve over rice, pasta, mashed potatoes, or your favorite veggies!
Makes 6 servings
Macros: P: 25 C: 17 F: 10