Back in 2008, just a few months after starting CNC, I created this recipe for Oatmeal Raisin Bars. That was more than 8 years ago, and I still make these bars over and over again. They’re truly a go-to recipe, and I often bring them to parties and other get-togethers because they’re super easy to make, don’t require a ton of ingredients, always turn out well, and everyone loves them!
And I especially love that these bars are totally customizable by swapping out the raisins for chocolate chips, dried cranberries, butterscotch chips (omg, so good!!), or adding shredded coconut, chopped nuts, sprinkles, or whatever else your little heart desires.
Basically, the oatmeal bar base is the best thing ever and works well with just about any ingredient additions. The options are truly endless, and I hope this recipe becomes a favorite in your home, too!
The Very Best Oatmeal Raisin Bars
- 2 cups rolled or quick oats
- 3/4 cup oat or all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unflavored coconut cooking oil or canola or vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 3/4 cup raisins or whatever delicious ingredient you’d like to add
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 8-inch square baking dish with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine above ingredients until smooth.
- Spread batter in prepared baking dish and bake for approximately 25-30 minutes until bars are cooked all the way through.
- Let bars cool completely in pan before cutting.
Makes 9 bars Macros: 15F/38C/5P