As a Stonyfield blogger ambassador, I was compensated for writing this post as part of my partnership with the brand. The thoughts and opinions expressed are honest and all my own. Go Team Stonyfield!
The quote above is one of my all-time favorites because I truly believe that little, everyday changes can really add up to something big and wonderful. That said, one of my goals for 2015 is to just “roll with it” and find balance in my life, so here are some of the small things that I’m aiming to incorporate into my everyday:
- Eat a vegetable or fruit with every meal
- Read to Quinn at least once a day
- Disconnect from social media in the evening
- Make the bed every morning
- Sort and toss junk mail immediately
- Light a candle (it makes things feel so homey)
- Read before bed as a way to unwind
- Measure my nut butter (I usually go crazy with the stuff)
- Eat snacks from a bowl or plate, not the bag or box
- Don’t go to bed angry; talk it out
- Start the day with a nutritious, protein-packed breakfast, like the one below!
This super satisfying pancake has made quite a few appearances at breakfast since the start of the new year. It has about 260 calories and 21 grams of protein, and I hope you love it as much as I do!
Super Satisfying Greek Yogurt Protein Pancake
- 1/4 cup Stonyfield Greek yogurt (I used plain, but any flavor would work)
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/8 tsp vanilla extract (optional – I’ve made this pancake with and without it, and it’s delicious both ways)
Combine above ingredients in a mixing bowl.
Coat a pan with non-stick cooking spray and turn heat on stove to medium/medium-low. Pour batter into pan and wait 3-4 minutes before you flip it. (Cooking the pancake slowly is key, so it doesn’t break apart.) Flip pancake and cook for another 2 minutes or so.
Remove pancake from pan and top with your favorite ingredients!
Recipe makes 1 large pancake
Question of the Day
What little change have you made in your life that has made all the difference?