I had a little fun in the kitchen baking with protein powder yesterday afternoon. Baking and protein powder? Yep, that’s right. Protein powder is actually a fairly versatile ingredient! I wanted to make something delicious, but also semi-healthy and satisfying to eat before or after a workout. With that said, here’s a tasty recipe for Chocolate Chip Protein Bars. Chocolate chips and vanilla protein powder combine to make a sweet, light, and fluffy treat packed with protein.
I used vanilla Fitmixer protein powder, but I think pretty much any whey protein or flavor would probably work in this recipe. Mmm… I bet chocolate protein powder would be really yummy!
- 1 cup vanilla protein powder
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1/4 cup melted coconut oil
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup mini chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Combine all ingredients in a large mixing bowl and blend well.
- Pour batter into a greased 8X8 baking dish and spread evenly with a spatula.
- Bake for 23-25 minutes until bars are cooked all the way through and the top begins to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool before cutting.
Makes 16 bars