Fifteen years ago today, on National Carrot Cake Day, I started Carrots ‘N’ Cake! Here are 15 Things I Learned in 15 Years of Internet Business…
What started as a little blog to keep me accountable to get in shape for my wedding day spiraled into a full-on career, complete with a nutrition and functional testing business, team of coaches and practitioners, multiple cookbook deals, countless sponsorships, brand deals, and travel opportunities, a visit to the White House, a viral pug video, a YouTube channel, podcast, and so much more!
It’s been a wild ride!
15 Things I Learned in 15 Years of Internet Business
1. Being real and authentic wins over perfection and curation every time.
2. Burn out is a real thing, and if you don’t ask for help, your body will force you to do so.
3. Hard work will always outweigh talent.
4. Changing your mind is not a bad thing; it means you are learning and growing.
5. There are a lot of ‘right’ ways to run a business.
6. Energy and attitude are everything.
7. Not everyone will like you and that’s okay.
8. You can wish and manifest all you want, but action and execution are what actually move your business.
9. You gotta enjoy the journey
10. You’ll never regret working for yourself.
11. Doing the right thing (versus short cuts) gets you further in the long run.
12. The fear of doing something is always greater than actually doing of it.
13. Success often comes when you do less better.
14. A coach is the best investment you can make.
15. Failure is part of the process. What you do next is what matters most.
Thanks to everyone who has supported CNC over the years. I can’t even explain how much it means to me.
Here’s to 15 more years of adventures on (and off) the internet!