• Workouts

I try to get some from of exercise everyday. It’s not always a heart-pumping, sweaty workout, but even just a walk or some gentle yoga count for me. Keeping exercise fun makes it easy for me to pursue a healthy lifestyle. These are just some of my favorite workouts.

Pinterest

I recently started posting my favorite workouts– many of which are inspired by CrossFit– on Pinterest. Check out my workout board for more workouts like the one posted below!

Carrots ‘N’ Weights

The majority of my Carrots ‘N’ Weights workouts should take about 20-30 minutes to complete and only require free weights (resistance bands work too), so you can do the workouts at home or the gym. I post the number of sets, reps, and weight that I use, but be sure to do what’s best for you. In between exercises, I don’t rest and move from one to the next. Between sets, I rest for only about 20-30 seconds, just long enough to give my muscles a quick break.

Treadmill & Elliptical Workouts

30- or 50-Minute Elliptical Workout

Lots of speed and resistance changes! The constant variations keep me interested and motivated through the entire duration of the workout, no problem.

45-Minute Treadmill Workout

This is my favorite treadmill workout ever! Burn up to 450 calories walking or 550 calories running with this 45-minute treadmill workout from Jeanette Soloma at Crunch Fitness. You’ll mix up the inclines and speed to increase your heart rate and sculpt legs and butt.

45-Minute Treadmill Workout II

This workout was inspired by the one above, but it has faster running intervals. You’ll cover close to 5 miles in 45 minutes. It’s a good one!

10k Treadmill Run

After a five minute warm-up, pick up the pace and continue to increase it with faster and faster intervals. At the 50-minute mark, sprint to the 10K finish!

Quick & Dirty Run

This workout is quick, dirty, and over before you know it! In 35 minutes, you’ll cover nearly 4 miles. Reduce speeds by 1.0 for a slower paced run.

Treadmill Step-Down Run

A 60-minute workout that is broken into 5 different time intervals, starting with a 20-minute interval and working your way down to a 5-minute interval. This workout makes an hour fly by!

3-Mile Challenge

Another favorite! When I am short on time, I challenge myself to run three miles (with breaks in between) as fast I can. I love trying to beat my previous time. If you’re not into running, a 3-mile Power Walking Challenge would also work!

Track Workout 1

I turned an outdoor workout into an indoor (treadmill) workout. It starts with a 1/2 mile warm-up, followed by 6 X 400′s and then a cool down. My pace is based of my 5K time, so I covered 3.75 miles in about 34 minutes. For a longer workout option, Track Workout 4 is very similar, but covers 5 miles.

Combo Elliptical + Treadmill Workout

This 45-minute workout is a great way to mix things up. FYI: It’s easier to do when the gym isn’t as crowded since you’re switching machines.

Push It Run

This running workout includes a bunch of speedy intervals, but because it’s only 30 minutes, I’m able to push myself to keep up my pace until the end.

‘Roll’ Play

Get ready to play with rolling speeds! In this treadmill workout, the speed changes every two minutes, which keeps your interest and motivation high while running on the treadmill. I covered a little over 5.5 miles in 60 minutes. This workout can also be shortened to 30 minutes.

30-Minute Quickie

This is an awesome running workout when I am crunched for time! I’m always exhausted (and drenched in sweat) by the end! Here’s a similar variation with faster speeds: 30-Minute Quickie.

Run (or Walk) Uphill

Two different interval workouts (one for walking, one for running) with increasing inclines. Each workout has a duration of 20 minutes and is easily customizable.

Not A Boring Treadmill Workout

This is one of my go-to workouts when I want to get in and out of the gym, but want to feel like I accomplished something at the same time. It keeps you guessing for a solid 45 minutes and before you know it, it’s over!

Speeding Up

This treadmill workout continuously pushes you to increase your speed. It starts with a steady warm-up and progresses into three stages of progressively faster intervals.

3′s and 5′s Challenge

I didn’t create this workout, but it’s one of my favorites because it’s really tough! It challenges you to sprint and run at a comfortably hard pace, but also allows you to recover so you can do it all over again. I’m always a sweaty mess by the end of it!

Strength Training

Body Pump: Tips for Beginners

I receive quite a few questions about Body Pump, including tips for first-timers. Usually, I just reply in an email with my ideas, but I thought the topic would make a great blog post. So here’s what I tell people who want to attend their first Body Pump class.

Body Pump Express

A quickie version of Body Pump! For this workout, I worked each muscle group by doing continuous reps for two minutes straight and then moving immediately to the next exercise without resting. I used three sets of dumbbells: 7.5 lbs, 10 lbs, and 12.5 lbs.

Lower Body At-Home Workout

This one is a major butt-kicker! It includes just five lower body exercises and works your muscles to fatigue. My glutes are always sore the next day after doing this workout!

Cardio Leg Slam

A great mix of cardio and lower body strength training! Alternate between short intervals of vigorous activity and straightforward lower body strengthening moves.

Around the Gym Full Body Workout

A photo tutorial to help you navigate your way around the Nautilus equipment and free weights at the gym. Works all of your major muscle groups in about 45 minutes. The post also includes a 25-minute treadmill workout.

Butt-Kicking Glute Workout

This workout only includes three exercises that strengthen and tone your glutes, inner and outer thighs, and hamstrings. It takes about 15-20 minutes to complete and it really kicks my butt! It’s definitely worth a try!

Back Fat Be Gone

From Health magazine (December 2008): Say hello to gorgeous shoulders and a defined upper back with these moves, based on the exercises from Randy B. Washington at Crunch Miami. The trick to this routine: repetitions done at a fat-burning pace with few or no breaks in between.

Legs, Triceps & Biceps

This workout is very straightforward: eight exercises, moderate weight, 2-3 sets. I print the list of exercises and take it with me to the gym to keep me on track.

Back, Biceps, Triceps

This workout is very similar to the one above, but works the back, biceps, and triceps. Start to finish it takes about 30 minutes to complete.

Abs Class

Once upon a time, I worked as a Fitness Specialist at Healthworks. I taught a quick abs class to members once a week. Here are a few of my favorites: Abs Class: September 22Abs Class: September 29, and Abs Class: Decemeber 2 (lots of planks!).

Jess January 1, 2011 at 4:52 am

Best. Page. Ever. The End.

Trisha January 1, 2011 at 8:56 am

I just found your blog and I LOVE it! Especially this workout page. I’m a runner/triathlete that is always looking for new treadmill workouts since it can get pretty boring when it’s too cold to run outside! These are great – I’ll definitely be putting some time in on the treadmill to try these out :)

Kelly January 2, 2011 at 10:46 am

I’m in love. Thank you!!

Natalia - a side of simple January 2, 2011 at 1:32 pm

Thank you! My most recent addition to my favorites tab! Now hopefully I’ll use it ;)

Denisse January 20, 2011 at 7:25 pm

OMGosh, Your blog is the best! This page is great. Thanks for sharing. :)

Heather February 5, 2011 at 11:40 pm

I just came across your blog via a friend and I love it! I am a runner as well and currently training for a marathon on a treadmill/indoor track until the weather gets a little warmer – I can’t wait to try some of your treadmill workouts to change up my runs!

fitness through yoga March 9, 2011 at 8:41 am

everyone is different in their body natures depending on various factors. it will be better not to strain your body too much in a sudden for getting fit and loosing weight doing jim and other difficult exercises. i prefer doing yoga as needed by my body giving particular care to each body parts as needed.

best gas grills reviews April 7, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Hello There. I found your blog using msn. This is a really well written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to read more of your useful information. Thanks for the post. I will definitely return.

Aine @ Something to Chew Over July 17, 2011 at 2:50 pm

Brilliant workouts! Thanks so much for sharing Tina :)

Peggi July 20, 2011 at 8:59 am

I did the 30 min Elliptical workout you posted and it is WONDERFUL! What a nice change of pace. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

Jill January 10, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Tina,

I love your workouts and would love if you posted more! I’ve been through a bunch or your cardio workouts and almost all the strength. I LOVE the elliptical workout. My new favorite. I would love some more ideas on strength training workouts!

Medical Biller April 16, 2012 at 11:07 pm

Excellent compilation of workouts!
    I’m planning to live a more healthy lifestyle and
    your page gave me an idea of where to start
    and what to do.
    Love your page. Bookmarking it :-)

Treadmill Sensei May 22, 2012 at 11:26 am

Those are all such great workouts. I like how you give many different types of treadmill workouts, so there is bound to be one that everyone will like! I’ll definitely be checking this out when I need workout ideas!

Kat @ balanceandspice July 23, 2012 at 6:53 am

Hi Tina,

Would you add your crossFit workouts to this to make it easier to find? Thanks!

Kat

Darline Dierking July 24, 2012 at 3:30 am

You have to take healthy diet as soon as you’re trying for getting six pack ab muscles. You have to consume a completely balanced diet. Never indulge in consuming junk foods or spicy foods. Eat only that what’s wholesome and nutritious for the entire body.

emilia@workouts September 6, 2012 at 7:47 am

Thanks Tina for that valuable share of your great workouts! You must really have the commitment to really work on that. Different kinds of workout always have different effects for everyone..So, I always like to try different ones to challenge my body! Good Inspiration!

Kristen September 16, 2012 at 2:11 pm

Have you thought about creating an app for smart phones so these workouts and recipes are available on the go? While I can always look it up on my iphone safari it would definitely help to have an app! :)

Lizi October 28, 2012 at 12:06 am

Bookmarking this page and stalking you on Pinterest–these are amazing :)

Leah @ Whitefoot Blog November 11, 2012 at 9:35 pm

Pinning now, working out later. I promise ;)

Gab January 7, 2013 at 4:13 am

I like the exercises that deals with glutes and hamstrings. There’s too much saddlebags around that has to be trimmed off. Thanks for your interesting and simple site.

fitbugorb April 3, 2013 at 1:14 pm

Really enjoyed reading this. I am using an activty tracker to get fitter and I am always trying to find new activities or ways of keeping fit.As long as I keep moving the pounds keep shifting.

Nam April 17, 2013 at 8:40 pm

Thanks so much for sharing Tina.. it helps a lot ..

Marianne Serra May 12, 2013 at 9:33 pm

Do you do any warm ups at all with your circuit workouts? Or do you have them stand alone? I am trying to get into more CrossFit style workouts after being recommended by several trainers.

Tina May 12, 2013 at 9:45 pm

Most workouts, I warm up for about 5-10 minutes.

Sophie Natasha November 9, 2013 at 4:14 am

Hey Tina! That’s awesome. A perfect guide for my complete workouts. Thanks for the great stuff!