It’s almost the weekend, so I thought a good ol’ blog survey would be a fun way to kick off your Friday morning. Here are 25 random facts about me that may (or may not) surprise you. I hope you enjoy reading them – and feel free to play along in the comment section. Have a wonderful weekend, friends!
1. Do you make your bed? Sort of. I pull up the blankets and then put a “pug block” (aka pillows) at the top because Murphy often sleeps on our bed during the day, so I try to minimize the amount of fur that gets into it.
2. The first car that was officially yours? In high school, my dad gave me a 1976 Chevy Chevette. (Well, technically, my mom “bought” it off him for $500, but never actually gave him the money. I guess my dad just forgot about it?) I took a calculus class at a nearby college, and, on the drive there, the brakes in the Chevette gave out. It was so scary! I remember coasting into a parking spot and then just bursting into tears when the car finally stopped. Ughhhh, it was awful. I was only 16 or 17 years old and hadn’t been driving all that long, so my mom sold the car back to my dad, which meant he gave her $500! 🙂
3. Three grocery items you don’t run out of? Milk, eggs, and bananas.
4. When did you start doing your own laundry? I was probably 9 or 10 years old.
5. If you could, would you go to high school again? Nope. I’d relive college again in a heartbeat!
6. Can you parallel park in under three moves? Yep!
7. A job you had which people would be shocked to know about? I sold Cutco knives for a few months. I sucked at it.
8. Do you think aliens are real? Yes, I think there’s some sort of life form besides us.
9. Can you drive a stick shift? In general, not well. But, in a life or death situation, I could do it.
10. Guilty TV pleasure? The Bachelor/Bachelorette
11 . Would you rather be too hot or too cold? Too hot.
12. If the world ends do you want to be one of the survivors? Not really.
13. Sweet or salty? Sweet.
14. Do you enjoy soaking in a nice bath? Yes!
15. Do you consider yourself strong? Yes, both mentally and physically.
16. Something people do, physically, that drives you crazy? Litter. WHY!?!
17. Something you do, physically, that you are sure drives people insane? Tap my foot under the table.
18. Do you have any birth marks? Not that I know of.
19. Favorite childhood game? Monopoly, Spit, Guess Who?
20. Do you talk to yourself? No, but I talk to Murphy a lot.
21. Do you like doing jig-saw puzzles? Not usually unless I’m doing one with Qman.
22. Would you go on a reality show? Awhile ago, I looked into going on The Amazing Race with Mal, but we never even applied.
23. Tea or coffee? Iced coffee!
24. First thing you remember wanting to be when you grew up? Teacher <— married one instead! 🙂
25. No matter how much money you have or don’t have, what are you an absolute snob about? Sports bras – there’s nothing worse than a bad one!