Hey, hey! Happy Friday! Just popping in real quick to share with you an awesome recipe to add to your meal plan for next week! 🙂
As you know, we love Breakfast Potatoes in our house and make a big ol’ batch just about every week. But, over the years, the recipe has changed and become better and better and better. Our current version is actually made with unflavored coconut cooking oil, which is the best thing ever because 1) it’s already liquid (no melting required); and 2) it makes the potatoes, ooooh, so (perfectly) crisp. They’re really the best potatoes (even not for breakfast), so I just had to share the recipe. I hope you love them as much as we do!
- 2 pounds of white potatoes (~ 4 to 5 medium)
- 1.5 tablespoons unflavored coconut cooking oil
- kosher or sea salt
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cut potatoes into 1-inch-ish chunks. In a large mixing bowl, toss them in the coconut oil and salt. Then, spray a baking sheet with non-stick cooking spray before pouring the potatoes onto it.
- Bake potatoes for 25-30 minutes, tossing after 10 minutes or so.
- Then, turn the oven up to broil and then cook for another 5-7 minutes or until potatoes are crispy on the edges.
- Remove potatoes from the oven, allow them to cool slightly, and enjoy! Potatoes can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for about 5 days or so. Just reheat in the microwave or toaster oven!
Makes 8 servings (1/2 cup each)