• Counting the Seconds {Easter Weekend}

March 28, 2016

Good morning and happy Monday to you! I hope you had a very nice Easter!

When I was brainstorming with Mal about how to recap our weekend on CNC, I kept talking about how it was our second time doing certain things, like Quinn’s second Easter and our second time suffering through Open WOD 14.5, so I decided to use it as a theme for this morning’s blog post. Ok, here we go… counting the seconds from our weekend!

It was our SECOND time doing Open WOD 14.5. The final workout of this year’s Open (16.5) was actually Open WOD 14.5, so many of us had done it before. I actually did it 31 weeks pregnant back in 2014 and remember it especially sucking. (FYI for the CrossFit fans: I have a full recap of my Open experience coming later this week.)

Annnndddddd we did 16.5 in the dark with no music (power outage). Well, we had music playing on someone’s iPhone, so we basically listened to heavy breathing and rep counting while we did 84 Thrusters and 84 Over-the-Bar Burpees. Oy.

It definitely didn’t make the workout suck less. That one hurt.

12476885_10206274821369531_2095369582_o

Mal and I had our SECOND Orta date night. (Well, technically, we’ve visited Orta three times now, but one was a double date.)

Outfit details:

I ordered the scallops over risotto (one of the specials), and it was amazing. I must have said: “this is delicious” like 10 times while eating it!

And then Mal and I shared the Espresso Creme Brulee, which was our SECOND time enjoying this delectable dessert at Orta.

After dinner, we met up with a bunch of friends from Salt Shack, our SECOND CrossFit box, to celebrate the end of the Open. We had some drinks and listened to a fun cover band. Good times for sure!

We spent the majority of the day on Saturday working on home improvement projects around our SECOND house (that we’ve owned).

FYI: The oversized letters and clock below are from Wayfair.

The wall clock isn’t just any old clock. It’s an ATOMIC wall clock and it’s SO COOL. It set itself and keeps accurate time down to the SECOND. Mal and I totally geeked out over it.

SAMSUNG CSC

The magnetic boards below are from Wayfair too. We’ve since hung some of Quinn’s artwork on them. Super cute.

It was our SECOND time eating Thai food with our friends this year. We ordered take-out, hung out, and laughed a whole lot on Saturday night.

It was Quinn’s SECOND Easter!!!

IMG_5432

We celebrated Easter at my Grammie’s house first.

There was an epic brunch with a ton of delicious food. Whoa. I ate so much.

And then there was an Easter egg hunt.

Quinn got the hang of it right away!

After spending some time at Grammie’s, we visited Papi’s house where Quinn got to participate in his SECOND Easter egg hunt of the day!

He’s the cutest. <3

The end.

How was your Easter? Did you eat Easter brunch or Easter dinner?

CrossFit peeps: How did 16.5 go for you? Are you happy the Open is over?

Any seconds to report?

Victoria Wade@Minus Thirty Three March 28, 2016 at 2:16 am

Easter weekend was lovely! We had easter breakfast where I made bunny FlapJacked protein pancakes and did an easter egg hunt for my lovely boyfriend 🙂

Open: I actually didn’t do the Open this year :/ Gahh .. I know, I know .. I just recently moved to Alberta and don’t have a box to train at yet. Seeing as how I DIDN’T participate it, I’m actually sad it’s over because now I don’t have a head to head workout to look forward to on Thursday evenings! (Ps. Totally going for Matt Fraser this year).

Your weekend looks lovely 🙂 Quinn is the sweetest

Kelly March 28, 2016 at 5:04 am

My grandma makes a lamb cake, too! Love seeing someone else’s grandma do the same! 🙂

Becky @ Olives n Wine March 28, 2016 at 6:04 am

We went out for brunch! Last year I cooked and letting a restaurant do the work was so much easier and probably cheaper too 😉 And it was our second Easter in Florida!

Nora G March 28, 2016 at 6:08 am

Improved my 16.5 time by 2 minutes! I was 4 months postpartum last year and did most of the workouts scaled. Felt good to go all RX this year and see improvements while also noting weaknesses to focus on for 2017!

Stephanie March 28, 2016 at 6:22 am

16.5 was the worrrrrst. I didn’t do Crossfit in 2014 so this was my first time doing it. Finished in 13:17 and I’m just happy to have survived! Looking forward to reading your recap of the open! 🙂

Brynn March 28, 2016 at 6:25 am

One, your black pants are so cute and such a steal! Do they run true to size? Two, love the playroom and clock! We had Easter lunch and three egg hunts. This was Mitch’s second Easter and it was much different as an 18 month old!

Tina March 28, 2016 at 6:35 am

Yep, they’re true to size!

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious March 28, 2016 at 7:07 am

I love that Quinn and Amal are dressed alike in their Easter outfits. So darn cute!

Heather@hungryforbalance March 28, 2016 at 7:44 am

We had Easter dinner, but it was at noon, which was confusing. Matilda had 2 Easter egg hunts this weekend too. I loved to watch her hunt eggs!

Sarah @ bucketlisttummy March 28, 2016 at 8:23 am

Quinn’s outfit is so adorable! That Easter cake looks amazing. You guys had an eventful weekend. We did an Easter brunch, but nothing traditional. It was still fun!

Annie Atherton March 28, 2016 at 8:32 am

My husband was working on Easter, so the kids’ Easter baskets were at the house when they woke up, with a note saying that the egg hunt was at Daddy’s work. So we loaded up and headed there. We both work on this tiny Naval Base in Maine that is right on the ocean and beautiful! The kiddos ran around outside and collected eggs, while I whipped up a breakfast for anyone working on base that morning. After that we jetted home to welcome 16 people into our home for Easter Supper! We had all the cousins and family and it was awesome, I just wish my husband could have joined us. Overall, amazing day, with all my amazing family <3

Meghann Badger March 28, 2016 at 8:37 am

That picture of Q standing next to Mal looking at his bus! Is ADORABLE!!! What a handsome young boy.

16.5 was yuck! But I can’t imagine no music.

Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment March 28, 2016 at 8:49 am

Such a beautiful family! Your Easter cake looks fabulous. It all looks very special. Of course nothing beats the egg hunt!

Erin March 28, 2016 at 9:26 am

My daughter is Quinn’s age and I was so surprised how into Easter egg hunts she was! It was adorable!
    Q is so cute. Those little topsiders!!!

Sara @ Oats & Rows March 28, 2016 at 9:41 am

I feel like I always comment on how freakin’ cute Quinn is, but he seriously is so adorable! I am glad you guys had such a great weekend. My Easter was low-key, I went to my friend’s family’s house for brunch since my family is out of town

Brie @ Lean, Clean, & Brie March 28, 2016 at 9:44 am

I watched my brother’s CrossFit box do the 16.5 workout and everyone was dying by the end. That was a TOUGH workout! Major props to finishing the Open!!

Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed March 28, 2016 at 9:53 am

16.5 was pretty gnarly but I was super proud of how I did and happy that it didn’t give me any back pain (after 16.4 wrecked me).

Quinn looks so old in the pic of him and Mal with the school bus toy!

Lindsey March 28, 2016 at 10:00 am

omg this theme is PAINFUL

Tina March 28, 2016 at 10:21 am

Haha! So glad you liked it! <3

Jenn March 28, 2016 at 10:05 am

I love that you have a lamb cake too! It’s my favorite part of Easter! We always fight over who gets the butt. lol

Valerie March 28, 2016 at 10:41 am

Friday was my second time doing 14.5, and I cut 4:24 seconds off my old time!

Tina March 28, 2016 at 10:55 am

Nice job!! That is really great!

Cate March 28, 2016 at 11:01 am

Looks like you had a fun day! Quinn looks like a little boy in these photos — no longer a baby. 🙁

After baking all miring and going for a run, I headed to my parents house for dinner. I am still stuffed! It was fun helping the niece and nephews on their egg hunt.

Sam @ Barrister's Beet March 28, 2016 at 11:33 am

Looks like you guys had a great weekend! Quinn looks adorable gathering up his candy : )

Love your jacket in the outfit pic. Thanks for posting the details!

Delaney Richards March 28, 2016 at 11:49 am

OMG!!!! Quinn is so cute, I cannot get over it. His preppy outfit : ))

Leila March 28, 2016 at 1:35 pm

You might have already addressed this – and sorry if you have – but why did you guys switch crossfit boxes? Just curious!

Also, I can’t believe how grown up Quinn looks dressed up in his Easter attire!!!!! So. Freaking. Cute!

Tina March 28, 2016 at 1:44 pm

We moved to a new house this past summer and Salt Shack has childcare (our old one didn’t).

Shel@PeachyPalate March 28, 2016 at 2:04 pm

He’s so cute with his Easter basket! Love your date night outfit!

christine March 28, 2016 at 3:13 pm

We celebrated our son’s Second Easter as well – at 16 months old it was alot more fun this time around with an egg hunt and playing with some new toys. We had an Easter lunch and I made my first ever coconut bunny cake – it was SO GOOD! Lamb cakes and bunny cakes are the best!

Peggi Konvicka March 28, 2016 at 3:27 pm

This was my first crossfit open. I actually had only been going to Crossfit 5 weeks when the Open started and I thought I would do it. Man 16.5 was exhausting, but I did it in 23:57 and was very proud of myself. I TOTALLY understand why people love crossfit, I am hooked!!! Thanks for introducing it to me thru your blog 🙂

Tina March 28, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Yayy! So glad to hear that!!

Patti March 28, 2016 at 4:39 pm

Easter was wonderful. This is the one holiday we got out for…there were 11 of use. The kids are now all in their 20s. We went for the Hibachi at Gourmet Garden in Swampscott. The food, especially the sushi, was fresh and delicious. The chefs put on quite the show with flames and knife skills. Lots of laughter and fun. We went to the bar at Pizzeria Uno next door for a last wine and to watch the NCAA tournament.

Glad Leila asked about your change of boxes. I have been wondering about that.

Looks like your family, had a spectacular Easter. Little one make holiday extra special.

Michelle March 28, 2016 at 5:00 pm

Cute theme. Quinn scored with a lot of seconds. You look lovely in your date night outfit.

Sara March 28, 2016 at 5:26 pm

Ugh, 16.5 kicked my butt! (I finished in 16:47)

This was my first Open (I still consider myself to be fairly new to CF – I’ve been going for about 6 months now, so I did all of the workouts scaled) and I actually enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would.

16.3 was my favorite (probably bc it was the shortest, ha!), I surprised myself the most on 16.2 (I made it to the 4th round – I didn’t think I’d make it past the 3rd round of 11 95 lb cleans since my max clean going in was 103!), and 16.1 & 16.5 are tied for the workout that made me want to die the most. I don’t think it’s a coincidence that they both involved bar facing burpees. 🙂

Really looking forward to your Open recap!

Emily March 28, 2016 at 5:59 pm

Perhaps a SECOND child is on the way?! I don’t know… Would go with the theme!

Rachel @ Simply Rachel Nicole March 28, 2016 at 6:43 pm

What a fun weekend! You looked gorgeous for your date night. We did a little Easter egg hunt for my little girl too and she loved every second of it. 🙂

Laura March 28, 2016 at 10:03 pm

I “second” your notion and completely agree- Quinn is the cutest! Omg he’s so adorable. I have three of my own (2 1/2-6 1/2 years old) and love following along w your Quinn stories and pics!!!

Sarah March 29, 2016 at 8:48 am

Quinn is SO adorable. How many Crossfit boxes have you belonged to over the years? Just wondering how you’ve found the one that is the best “fit” for you and Mal.

Tina March 29, 2016 at 8:57 am

Just two. When we moved, it didn’t make sense to drive to our old CF box anymore. Plus, our new one has childcare and our old one didn’t. And the people at Salt Shack are awesome! 🙂

Stephanie L March 29, 2016 at 12:20 pm

Yikes! Good for you for conquering 16.5 without music. We had a DJ at my box so it was so loud it helped drown out some of the miserable thoughts! Brutal.

Tina March 29, 2016 at 12:23 pm