• 9 Things I’m Especially Looking Forward to This Spring

March 8, 2016

This post is brought to you by Ricola® Herb & Throat drops as part of a sponsored post for Socialstars. #swissherbs

Spring is in the air on the South Shore! Recently, we’ve had much warmer temperatures, sunny days, and NO SNOW, which means I’m a happy camper, and now I am anticipating the season change more than ever. And I am soooo looking forward to all things SPRING, so here are 9 things I am especially excited about in the coming weeks!

Stroller runs – Oh, how I’ve missed running with Quinn! We used to go for runs all the time with the jogging stroller before the weather turned cold. Now that the temps are warming up, I can’t wait to get out there with him again!

Wearing TOMS – I am so lazy when it comes to shoes. I have no interest in heals or shoelaces. Haha! I’m mostly kidding, but I’m kind of serious too. I’d much rather wear some sort of slip-on or flip-flops year round, which means I am especially looking forward to breaking out my TOMS in the coming weeks! They’re so darn comfy and cute!

Daylights Saving Time – I am not a fan of the dark days of winter AT ALL. I love sunshine and can’t wait for the long days of summer!

Visiting the cows at Hornstra Farms – We love visiting the cows at Hornstra, but it’s just not the same in the winter. I can’t wait for the warmer weather and regular cow visits again!

Grilling on our back deck – I am so excited for grilling season at our new house. Last spring/summer was an insane few months for us and we really didn’t have a chance to enjoy our home, so this year will be different!

Hikes – Hikes with my boys are one of my most favorite things to do. I can’t wait to explore the great outdoors with them this spring!

Pedicures – I’ve neglected my feet for months now. They are in desperate need of a pedicure, and I can’t wait for a reason to splurge on one!

Spectating the Boston MarathonMy favorite day of the year! Of course, running the Boston Marathon was an amazing experience, but spectating is also pretty awesome. I can’t wait for Marathon Monday this year!

No more winter colds – Woohoo! We’ve just about made it through winter, and I’m sooo over cold season. In our house, we shared colds all winter long. Thankfully, we had Ricola Dual Action Honey Lemon to give us relief from coughs and sore throats, all in one drop. The Dual Action Honey Lemon combines a blend of ten natural Swiss alpine herbs, natural menthol, and a soothing honey lemon syrup center that’s tasty and works quickly, so I’m glad we always had some on hand.

What fun things are you looking forward to this spring?

Allie March 8, 2016 at 5:32 am

Agreed on all counts!!! I cannot wait to run in less clothing and Marathon Monday is amazing. Bring it on Spring!

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious March 8, 2016 at 6:04 am

I’m looking forward to more fresh foods, grilling out, smoothies and juices too! I also love all the races this time of year and getting out to the mountains for long hikes.

Brynn March 8, 2016 at 6:15 am

I can’t wait for bike rides, stroller runs, grilling and gardening.

Ashley March 8, 2016 at 6:25 am

SO with you on the Toms. Really, any shoes that aren’t boots, I’m excited about! Also love that picture of your little one at the farm. I can’t wait to take my 16m old twins to some of the local farms. Between all the jackets and everything in the winter, it’s just impossible!

Samantha March 8, 2016 at 6:32 am

I am looking forward to it being light outside for my morning runs instead of hitting the treadmill or running in the dark which I am not a fan of at all. Also hiking and I also can’t wait for a thunder storm, a good one.

I also moved to a new city last September and haven’t been able to do as much outdoor exploring as I would have liked so I’m definitely pumped for that.

Shel@PeachyPalate March 8, 2016 at 6:50 am

Toms and Pedicures, agreed!!! And those brighter evenings…it’s bright until about 6.30pm here now!

Hilary March 8, 2016 at 7:06 am

I am so with you on the toms! I will be honest and say I don’t like taking the time to tie my shoes! And yes to hiking! I have been making it a point to get out to at least a new park every weekend for some sort of outdoor exploring!

Karen@fabinyour40s.com March 8, 2016 at 7:15 am

So with you on the shoe laces. I hate anything I have to tie!

Also, 100 % on the Daylight savings. I count down to it every year.

Valerie @ Geaux Momma March 8, 2016 at 7:38 am

I’m with you on Daylight Daylights saving time! I’m also looking forward to some pool action.

Colleen March 8, 2016 at 7:53 am

Coming home from work and sitting on the patio with a drink – before the mosquitos get bad. Planting my vegetable garden. Long lunchtime walks around Boston. Opening the windows and letting that spring air in the house!

Celia at Chicago Jogger March 8, 2016 at 8:07 am

I’m with you on the Toms! My favorite shoe 😉

H March 8, 2016 at 8:29 am

I love daylight savings time! People usually look at me like I’m crazy but I’d much rather it stay light later!

Christine March 8, 2016 at 8:30 am

I’m looking forward to so many fun things! Running in warmer weather (with and without the stroller!), flip flops, Sam Summers on the back deck, grilling, playing outside with my toddler and dog, longer days, the sound of insects at night (one of my favorite sounds of summer, especially when I go to bed!). I could go on forever!

Can you believe its going to be almost 70 degrees tomorrow in Massachusetts? I’m totally fitting a run in!

Tina March 8, 2016 at 8:36 am

I am so excited! Quinn and I are planning to run with the stroller! 🙂

Sarah @ bucketlisttummy March 8, 2016 at 8:38 am

I’m looking forward to longer days and daylight until after 8 pm, summer bbq’s and summer produce!

Taylor March 8, 2016 at 9:01 am

I also love slip on shoes too and I am so ready for boating weather so we can take our boat out every weekend!

Kelly @ Turned up to Eleven! March 8, 2016 at 9:05 am

All of these are excellent things to look forward to! I am most looking forward to being back outdoors – kayaking and riding our bikes! We slacked off due to the colder weather with the bikes and took to our treadmill in the garage. I’m actually looking forward to trying my hand at outdoor running/trails etc.

Annie March 8, 2016 at 9:17 am

Yes to pedicures! I was just thinking yesterday it’s about time to splurge on one in preparation for open-toed shoes! I also can’t wait to plant flowers in my patio flower beds — makes the whole condo that much brighter 🙂

Devonshire March 8, 2016 at 9:23 am

I’m definitely with you on the pedicure wagon! My feet are in desperate need! I’m also looking forward to just being outside, once all the mud has dried up.

Melissa @ melissakolbeck.com March 8, 2016 at 9:40 am

Living in Southern California, I wear Toms or flip flops all year long, literally. In fact, I’m planning to purge my closet soon because I just don’t need or wear a lot of my shoes. Also gives me a reason to buy more shoes! 😀

Valerie March 8, 2016 at 10:50 am

I’m especially looking forward to an end in the rain! I live out in Washington, and this winter has just been rainy and dreary. I took my dog swimming for the first time last weekend, and I can’t wait to do that more often when the weather is nice! I’m also really looking forward to single layers of clothing. I’m sick of long sleeves and jackets and thick socks.

Anna March 8, 2016 at 11:18 am

I wore my toms for the first time this week, too. Such a relief to put the snow boots in the back of the closet. Our wholefoods has so many cute toms (on sale!) that I’m never without a pair… 🙂

Rachel @ Never Enough Novels March 8, 2016 at 11:32 am

I’m ready for the sunlight! It seems like winter was full of cloudy, dreary days and the break in the clouds the past week or two has been incredibly uplifting!

The only thing I’m not looking forward to is losing that hour of sleep this Sunday : /

Hillary March 8, 2016 at 11:36 am

That is the cutest pic of you, Mal and Q-Man.

Love spring pedis, too!

taylor March 8, 2016 at 12:57 pm

Holy photogenic family Batman!
    That hiking picture is SO CUTE!

Katie March 8, 2016 at 3:49 pm

Wearing dresses again! Also watching my baby boy grow and doing fun activities with him.

Ashlee March 8, 2016 at 3:54 pm

Morning coffee on the porch and no longer being pregnant!! Just a few more weeks and #2 will be here. OH, and seeing all the color and life come back into the yards!

Rachel @ Simply Rachel Nicole March 8, 2016 at 4:35 pm

I’m so excited for Daylights Savings too!!!

Emma @ Project Body Image March 8, 2016 at 5:37 pm

Eeee blossom trees and bird song and daffodils – and of course Easter chocolates. So excited! Unfortunately in London our snow has decided to wait until March to let loose but thankfully it’s only the odd sprinkling here and there – nothing compared to what you guys have had!

Michelle March 8, 2016 at 5:47 pm

I really dislike the long dark days. It’s so depressing.
    Can’t wait for DST and more sun.

Jen @ Chase the Red Grape March 8, 2016 at 9:54 pm

Autumn has just arrived here in Australia – the mornings are getting darker and the leaves are falling. Not that the temps are lowering at all, it’s still crazy hot! Haha! And we don’t have daylight savings here in Western Australia so will just have to go with the flow! First year here in Aus and it’s taking some getting used to – just so different!

Kelsey March 13, 2016 at 10:56 am

Totally agree about TOMS! I’m hoping to continually update my shoe wardrobe with TOMS, including some of their flats that I can pull off with my work outfits! I’ve loved their shoes since the start, and prefer them over anything else. I’m looking forward to the days feeling long, and hopefully spending more time on our little deck once we find some good furniture and treat the wood!

Victoria Wade@Minus Thirty Three March 14, 2016 at 2:32 pm

Quinn kissing the cow is actually the cutest! I love when you post pictures of him and the animals! His obsession with birds is also quite adorable 🙂