• Weekend Via iPhone + Snow Storm Necessities

February 8, 2016

Hey, friends! Happy Monday!

Catching up after the weekend?

The Breakfast Bake We’re Totally Obsessed With – I share our current favorite breakfast recipe.

Early Bird Toddler Dinner at Not Your Average Joe’s – I’m sure the parents can definitely relate to this one!

Ok, now that we’re all caught up, here are some photos from our weekend via iPhone. Enjoy!!

Playing with Dada at CrossFit – Mal had a snow day on Friday, so he joined Quinn and me at CrossFit for the 9:00 AM class.

Snow storm iced coffees – After CrossFit, we grabbed iced coffees and donuts to celebrate our snow day.

Mama + Quinn cuddle session – Quinn napped for nearly 3.5 hours on Friday afternoon. When he woke up, he cuddled with me for another 20 minutes or so. It was awesome. I love our cuddle sessions so much.

Quinn’s favorite new “toy” – He’s obsessed with our step stool lately. Yes, we have entered the daredevil climbing phase of toddlerhood.

Friday night happy hour snacks – So Quinn likes Pub Cheese. He only licked off the cheese and wouldn’t eat the crackers, but, hey, we’ll take it.

Mama’s snacks for the evening – Wine + barkTHINS = heaven.

Eating Gruyere like an apple – Quinn also really liked the Gruyere cheese!

We watched Kung Fu Panda 2 – These two… father like son! Haha!

Saturday morning – Winter wonderland!

Working out with friends – Our friends Marisa and Jeff joined us for a workout at Salt Shack!

Post-WOD donuts and iced coffee from The Coffee Shack – Yayyyy!

My favorite way to finish a workout!

Quinn and I shared a chocolate-covered donut with sprinkles. Mmm!

Playing outside in the snow – Quinn actually didn’t enjoy being IN the show, but he liked walking around the neighborhood, making snowballs, and throwing them into the street.

Murphy with his favorite stuffed bone – Whenever we come home, he always greets us with it!

IMG_2970

Snow storm necessitates – I swung by Trader Joe’s real quick to grab some “necessities” before the storm hit on Friday. (Obviously, wine wasn’t included in this photo!)

SAMSUNG CSC

What are your snow storm “necessities”? Anyone else just want to eat junk food when they’re snowed in?

P.S. Paleo readers (and anyone else): Don’t forget about the FREE Paleo + Healthy Resource Bundle! You can get healthy recipes, books, meal plans, courses, and more for FREE!

P.P.S. Be sure to enter my 8-year blog birthday giveaway! I’ll pick EIGHT winners on Thursday morning!

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious February 8, 2016 at 6:11 am

Well we don’t usually get snow in Phoenix but of we did I’m sure we would all be freaking out and buying everything we could our hands on. A good excuse to have a fun weekend for sure!

Allie February 8, 2016 at 6:12 am

Wine is definitely a snowed-in necessity! I also make sure my boys have enough snacks to keep them busy since running around the house and in the snow all day makes them super hungry. Right now, school has been cancelled again but I have yet to see one snowflake….hmmmmm.

Brynn February 8, 2016 at 6:15 am

Mal and Q are so sweet together! Snow storms make me want loads of coffee, tea and soup. I keep fixings on hand for minestrone and the freezer stocked with chili in the winter!

michelle February 8, 2016 at 6:22 am

While we already have the non perishables covered, in the event of a snow storm, I must have milk, eggs, Udis bread, sunflower seed butter, bulk of any protein and veggies. If the mood strikes, a bar of dark chocolate.

If its a huge nasty storm, ill whip up a pot of soup. On Saturday after the storm hit here in CT, i made a huge pot of chili. Tripled the recipe actually 🙂

Karen@fabinyour40s.com February 8, 2016 at 7:09 am

Love the Bark Thins!

A little off topic but the climbing picture of Quinn made me think of an article I read last year. A woman’s 3 year old daughter got up one morning and climbed her dresser. The dresser fell on her and she died. I guess ( I don’t have kids) you are supposed to anchor dressers to the wall because it really isn’t that uncommon for kids to climb them and many are hurt or killed. Just wanted to pass that along for you or others reading. I honestly, wouldn’t have ever thought to do that.

Karien @ Running the Race February 8, 2016 at 7:26 am

Love the Kung Fu Panda pic – SO precious! 🙂

Christine February 8, 2016 at 8:01 am

Since Quinn loves the step stool I had to share with you what I just bought my 15 month old:

It arrives tomorrow and I’m SO EXCITED because currently I’m stuck holding him while I cook – this way he can get a good view and I can use both my hands.

I’m always snacky during a storm – I also went to TJ’s and bought wine! As well as their plantain chips and salsa verde – so good!

Tina February 8, 2016 at 8:09 am

Quinn loves the step stool for cooking too!!

Shel@PeachyPalate February 8, 2016 at 8:01 am

I do crave comfort food when it’s cold out! Salads are out unless composed of leftover roast vegetables!

Kelli @ Hungry Hobby February 8, 2016 at 8:25 am

Fun weekend! I have never experienced a snow storm, I feel like I would want to eat anything hot and wine?

Sally February 8, 2016 at 9:07 am

Stopppp. The picture of Quinn cuddling a panda while watching Kung Fu panda is seriously the cutest. You’re such a lucky mama!

Jen @ Pretty Little Grub February 8, 2016 at 9:56 am

Looks like a great snowday weekend, and you still got out and did stuff which is more than i would do on a snowy weekend.

Jessica February 8, 2016 at 10:23 am

snow storm necessities for me are coffee and wine! I also like to have baking ingredients around, since for some reason I like to bake it’s snowing.

Tina February 8, 2016 at 10:23 am

Me too!!

Anna February 8, 2016 at 10:26 am

I definitely buy way more snacks when we’re snowed in. The idea of not being able to grocery shop always gets me. Although, we live right next to a grocery store so it’s more of a fun excuse than a necessity

Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me February 8, 2016 at 10:48 am

I love that Quinn is cuddling with a panda while watching Kung Fu Panda! So adorable!! Hope you have an awesome week, Tina. 🙂

Chelsea@TableForOne February 8, 2016 at 10:49 am

Our snow just never seems to go away here in Northern Utah…so I guess I need necessities all the time, HA! I love baking when the snow rolls in, so I tend to always have healthy baking ingredients on hand. This weekend was peanut butter banana bars. Yum!

Katelyn @ katerunshappy February 8, 2016 at 11:12 am

Soup + Grilled Cheese + Club crackers are always perfect for being snowed in. I like to replicate Panera’s “Big Kid Grilled Cheese” using American, White Cheddar and Gruyere cheeses with bacon on sourdough bread.

Hilary February 8, 2016 at 11:19 am

I sure do miss snow days! I always needed some hot cocoa and some hearty soup for snow days!

Julia@yogawinehappiness.com February 8, 2016 at 11:22 am

Wine is always a snow day necessity!!

Liz February 8, 2016 at 1:41 pm

First time commenting! I love your blog and I think our sons were born around the same time (June, 2014?). You are an inspiration to me!!!!
    Quick question…no judgment, just wondering…how many different gym memberships do you have? It always seems like you are going to a different gym everyday…

Tina February 8, 2016 at 1:56 pm

I had 3, but I’m down to 2 now (KFIT + CF).

Heidi Kokborg February 8, 2016 at 2:19 pm

Love the photo of you in the snow with iced coffees! And I am all about hot chocolate and freshly baked bread with butter when I am snowed in!

eileen adler February 8, 2016 at 2:25 pm

I made the cheesy potatoes casserole and my teens loved it. My husband made lentil soup too. thanks for the quick and easy recipes

Kristen February 8, 2016 at 2:46 pm

Wine and s’mores ingredients. Something about having to use the fireplace makes me want s’mores.

Jennifer February 8, 2016 at 4:22 pm

I’ve never really understood why the snowy weather or a big snow storm coming makes everyone huddle in and eat comfort foods. There must be some sort of science behind it. We are in Colorado and have snow on the ground but we haven’t had it fall from the sky in about a week. I’m really looking forward to the upcoming 60 weather we have in our forecast!

Melisa February 8, 2016 at 4:48 pm

Quinn and that stuffed Panda :).

Heather@hungryforbalance February 8, 2016 at 5:45 pm

Hot chocolate is definitely a snow storm necessity!

Rachel @ Simply Rachel Nicole February 8, 2016 at 6:08 pm

Snow is so dang pretty, but it’s too bad it makes everything SO cold! We have been having so much snow in Utah lately and I’m ready for it to stop. But my daughter loves it so I guess that’s the silver lining. 🙂 Hmm, my snowed in essentials would definitely include some diet coke and chocolate ha!

Bethany February 8, 2016 at 7:18 pm

Snow makes me want chili with cornbread and soups!

Katrina February 9, 2016 at 4:20 am

Snow storm necessities = baking! 😀 I definitely feel the urge for baked goods when snowed in 😀

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 9, 2016 at 8:26 am

Cereal and cookies sound like the PERFECT snow day treat to me! And COFFEE, lots and lots of comforting COFFEE!