Guys. Have you ever made a recipe that turns out a zillion times better than expected? Like, the first time you try it, your immediate response is something along the lines of: Damn, that’s good. And then you can’t stop eating it because it’s basically the best thing you’ve ever tasted? Well, that’s exactly what happened with this Light & Creamy Chickpea Salad with Shredded Brussels Sprouts, so I am especially excited to share the recipe with you guys!
Truthfully, this recipe just came together without much thought. I had a bunch of sauteed shredded Brussels sprouts that needed to be used up, so I threw them together with some chickpeas and crumbled feta, and then I whipped up an incredible sauce made with Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, lime juice, and garlic powder. And, voila, I had one of the most delicious chickpea salads I’ve ever tasted! I hope you guys love this dish as much as I do. Enjoy!
- 1 can (15 ounces) chickpea, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup shredded Brussels sprouts (I used the pre-packaged ones from Trader Joe’s)
- 1/4 cup grapeseed oil + 1 tbsp for sautÃ©ing
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 2 tsp nutritional yeast
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/3 cup crumbled feta
- salt + pepper to taste
- Saute shredded Brussels sprouts in grapeseed oil (1 tbsp) until semi-soft and bright green.
- Make the dressing: Combine grapeseed oil (1/4 cup), Dijon mustard, nutritional yeast, lime juice, garlic powder, salt, and pepper in a small mixing bowl.
- In a large mixing bowl, add chickpeas, sauteed Brussels sprouts, feta, and dressing. Combine well.
- Serve immediately (or refrigerate to serve cold).
Makes 2-4 servings