• Interview with Vanessa Lachey

February 14, 2016

Hi, friends!

I recently had the opportunity to interview actress and mother, Vanessa Lachey. How cool is that?! She took some time out of her busy schedule to chat with me about her family life and parenthood with husband, Nick Lachey, and their two children, Camden and Brooklyn as well as her role on the NBC comedy Truth Be Told. Please read on to see what she had to say!

IMG_2829

What do you love most about being a mom?

Everything! I love the moments when they do things unsolicited. Like an “I Love You” or a kiss without being prompted. I’m sure as they get older my love for mommy hood will grow into more complicated things, but for now, it’s as simple as that. “I Love you soooo much, Mommy”… and my heart melts!

What’s your biggest challenge as a working mom?

Probably not having that “guilty” feeling when I’m at work. It’s a balance between me wanting my own creative outlet and being home devoting my everything to them. I’ve realized that I am a better mother, wife and friend when I have my own personal outlet.

What’s something that most people don’t know about you?

I feel like I’ve been asked this question a lot, haha! So, by now they probably know everything. But the most “unsuspecting” thing, I guess, is that I have a blanket I HAVE to sleep with every night. Whether I’m at home, in a hotel, on an airplane or on a vacation… it’s always with me. It’s just a comfort thing, it’s from Brookstone, so its simple, not like a hand quilted baby blanket, although that sounds pretty cozy, too!

What’s something that most people don’t know about Nick?

A good wife never tells! Haha! I can say this, though, they make him even more sexy and lovable.

What did you eat for breakfast this morning?

I’m a creature of habit. I wish I had a personal chef to create either a healthy start to my day with a personalized smoothie or a gluttonous feast with 10 sides! Haha! But instead, I do a scrambled egg and toast with butter. If I’m feeling frisky I’ll do a cheese omelet and toast with butter. ;-). It’s nice because we make eggs and toast for Camden with fruit most days, so we eat breakfast as a family.

How do you stay in shape? What’s your favorite way to stay active?

Nowadays, two kids and just life is my favorite way to stay active. Recently Nick and I have been slacking on our date nights. We just are so tired by the end of the day that we want to stay at home and have dinner and watch our favorite Netflix show. So, we started doing “day-dates” two days a week. We go to the gym together. We do a personal session at Heart & Hustle Gym in LA, then have lunch before we head home. It’s great because we can look forward to our together time ever week, and we it’s during the kids mid-day nap so it’s a little guilt free.

What’s your favorite wintertime activity to do with your family?

I love the change of season, but as a mother of two, every parent knows, with the change of season comes cold and flu season and it’s bound to hit your family. I try not to let it slow us down, so we have Puffs Plus Lotion tissues with us at ALL times! I think my favorite thing is anything together with all four of us, especially things outdoors with both kids! Picking out a Christmas Tree, seeing lights, going to the park, lunch dates. You name it, I’m down!

IMG_3926

What’s your go-to healthy dinner when you’re short on time?

Taco Night! It’s our go to healthy and quick dinner. We use ground turkey meat, and try to portion control. It’s easy to put down 6-8 homemade tacos, so eating until you are content with healthy clean toppings, and no sides is our go to.

What’s the craziest/funniest thing that’s happened on the set of Truth Be Told?

Haha!!! Oh boy, I may not be able to disclose that! Hahahaha! We have SOOOOOOOOO much fun all the time! These guys are pranksters! Mark-Paul and Tone like to have fun, and Bresha & i just laugh all day long!

What are you most looking forward to in 2016?

The excitement of seeing my family grow! Every year with Nick has gets even better and better. So, I can’t wait to see what 2016 has in store for us!

Want to read more of my celebrity interviews?

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious February 14, 2016 at 3:18 pm

Wow that is so cool you got to interview her Tina!

Rachel @ Simply Rachel Nicole February 14, 2016 at 5:05 pm

I just love her! What a fun interview 🙂

Emelia February 14, 2016 at 6:20 pm

Wait is this a interview combined Puffs sponsored post? Lol so cool though!!!!!! omg.

Tina February 14, 2016 at 6:37 pm

Puffs offered me the opportunity to interview Vanessa, but it’s not a sponsored post. If it was, the post would say so. Bloggers are required to do so! 🙂

Cheryl February 15, 2016 at 2:37 am

Hi Tina,
    I’m not really sure what to think of this post– it doesn’t seem congruent with your usual content/tone/brand. As a reader, it left me with the distinct feeling that I was being sold something, which would be totally fine as long as we know your intentions, or at least had a better understanding of your relationship to the affiliates mentioned here. Even though you say it’s not sponsored, I don’t understand what you mean when you say Puffs “offered you the opportunity” to interview this celebrity. Could you please clarify that for us? I’m a longtime reader and I do appreciate your blog. Thank you!

Tina February 15, 2016 at 7:03 am

Puffs said: Hey, we’re working with Vanessa Lachey nowadays. Do you want to interview her? I said: That sounds cool. I’d love to!

I love celebrities and my readers do too (sorry you weren’t a fan of this post), so I took them up on their offer. Hope this makes sense!

Sheena @ Paws and Pavement February 14, 2016 at 7:19 pm

Wow so cool that you interviewed her!

Kat February 14, 2016 at 8:38 pm

Hmm I wonder if this was a paid promotion for Puffs?! Transparency is a great thing!

Tina February 14, 2016 at 8:50 pm

Please see above. If it was a paid/sponsored post, it would have been noted. All bloggers are required to do so.

Susie @ SuzLyfe February 15, 2016 at 7:02 am

I’ve always adored them as a couple. They are both just so genuine, and totally respectful of their own family as something to be protected and shared in an appropriate way!

H February 15, 2016 at 8:32 am

How much does she get paid to say she uses Puffs?

Helen February 15, 2016 at 10:39 am

All she does is brag how happy she is and what a perfect marriage. It sounds fake. I never see Nick smiling and they both can’t be happy about always having to find work. They don’t last at jobs too long

Tess February 15, 2016 at 7:50 pm

That’s pretty cool- do you guys just email questions and responses, or did you get to speak on the phone? (I ask because of I’ve done lots of interviews, and I prefer email ones as an interviewee, but phone calls as an interviewer! 🙂 I get it that Puffs brough you together but ha it’s so awkward that she discussing life and then it’s like boom! Random tissue brand our family can’t live without! Haha I’m glad the brand was involved in the interview somehow otherwise it would be like ummmm ok, this lady loves tissues!

Taylor February 16, 2016 at 11:33 am

Love Vanessa Lachey!! so awesome you got to interview her!! she seems like such a nice person!