This post is brought to you by GLOSSYBOX.
As a mom to a very active/maniac toddler, the days of leisurely browsing the aisles of Sephora, testing out and discovering new products, are long gone. I can barely make it in and out of Target when I need just a few things without giving Quinn a half dozen toys to play with and at least a couple of snacks to keep him occupied. And I act like a shopping ninja while I’m there (whizzing in and out of aisles, grabbing what I need) because I never know when Q-Man will want OUT of the cart. (Mal and I joke it’s like shopping with a ticking time-bomb! Haha!) Basically, “browsing” is just not the same anymore.
I’m sure the other moms can relate, so when GLOSSYBOX reached out about trying their monthly beauty box subscription, I was immediately on board. I mean, hello, new beauty products sent right to my front door to try in the comfort of my own home? Sign me up!
So, what’s GLOSSYBOX all about? It’s a monthly subscription service ($21 per month) that takes the hassle out of choosing between brands and new products.
You’ll receive deluxe to full-size hair, skin, and make-up samples from well-known luxury and up-and-coming niche brands, each of which are carefully selected by beauty experts. GLOSSYBOX is the only global beauty box and curates products from around the world, so you’ll have the chance to try all sorts of great items. How cool is that?
The beauty boxes are beautifully packaged, so I was definitely excited to receive my first one. I even saved the box to organize some of my other beauty products. It was that pretty!
And, of course, such a gorgeous box would make an amazing gift for the beauty lover in your life. I mean, who wouldn’t love to receive a package like this in the mail?!
Ok, that’s GLOSSYBOX in a nutshell, so now let’s talk about what was inside my first box:
- Biorepublic Skincare Sheet Mask – Infused with natural extracts and vitamin E, this hydrating sheet mask promotes healthy, balanced skin in just one sitting.
- Etre Belle Cosmetics Golden Skin Roll-On Caviar Eye Gel – We all want to look refreshed even if we didn’t get our full 8 hours of beauty-sleep. Etre Belle’s Golden Skin Roll-On erases signs of fatigue by firming and resuscitating tired skin around the eyes.
- Benefits Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer – Sick of your pores seeping through your makeup after just a few hours? With Benefit’s POREfessional Face Primer you’ll enjoy an even-toned, flawless finish that protects your skin and effortlessly blurs imperfections.
- Teeez Cosmetics Oasis Gem Lipstick in Heat Wave Ruby – Muted color palettes reflected in your cozy winter wardrobe call for a daring lip color. The limited edition berry-hued lipstick is the perfect accessory for an one-the-go ensemble.
- GLAMGLOW ThirstyCleanse Daily Hydrating Cleanser – The last thing you want is dry, moisture-stripped skin during the winter. GLAMGLOW’s innovative cleanser combined the power of mud with pure green coconut water to create a foaming lather that gently and effectively rinses away makeup and dirt while hydrating your face.
Each beauty box arrives with a description of each product as well as expert beauty tips on how to best use your new cosmetic samples. I thought this was especially helpful since I was a total newbie to a couple of the products. Caviar eye gel? It sounded fancy, so I wanted to make sure I used it correctly. The expert tip suggest allowing it to absorb for at least a minute before applying makeup. That way, my foundation wouldn’t crease from excess product. It was a great tip and worked perfectly.
Another cool tidbit included with the GLAMGLOW ThirstyCleanse Daily Hydrating Cleanser was about clay, one of its key ingredients. It explained how it boosts circulation and reduces inflammation. It’s also most effective when wet, so it was suggested to mix it with plenty of water for the best results. It was like I had my own personal beauty expert giving me tips and advice as I tried each product, which, of course, made me even more excited about each one!
GLOSSYBOX sounds pretty cool, right? If you’re thinking about giving it a try or purchasing it for the beauty lover in your life, here’s a little incentive: The first 100 people to use code CarrotsnCake will get 15% off your first box! Just click here. (Be sure to hop on it, the code will expire in 30 days.)
Question of the Day
What’s your favorite way to discover new beauty products?