• A New Way to Discover Beauty Products (When You Have a Toddler)

February 25, 2016

This post is brought to you by GLOSSYBOX.

As a mom to a very active/maniac toddler, the days of leisurely browsing the aisles of Sephora, testing out and discovering new products, are long gone. I can barely make it in and out of Target when I need just a few things without giving Quinn a half dozen toys to play with and at least a couple of snacks to keep him occupied. And I act like a shopping ninja while I’m there (whizzing in and out of aisles, grabbing what I need) because I never know when Q-Man will want OUT of the cart. (Mal and I joke it’s like shopping with a ticking time-bomb! Haha!) Basically, “browsing” is just not the same anymore.

I’m sure the other moms can relate, so when GLOSSYBOX reached out about trying their monthly beauty box subscription, I was immediately on board. I mean, hello, new beauty products sent right to my front door to try in the comfort of my own home? Sign me up!

SAM_7744 (1280x853)

So, what’s GLOSSYBOX all about? It’s a monthly subscription service ($21 per month) that takes the hassle out of choosing between brands and new products.

SAMSUNG CSC

You’ll receive deluxe to full-size hair, skin, and make-up samples from well-known luxury and up-and-coming niche brands, each of which are carefully selected by beauty experts. GLOSSYBOX is the only global beauty box and curates products from around the world, so you’ll have the chance to try all sorts of great items. How cool is that?

SAMSUNG CSC

The beauty boxes are beautifully packaged, so I was definitely excited to receive my first one. I even saved the box to organize some of my other beauty products. It was that pretty!

SAM_7752 (1280x853)

And, of course, such a gorgeous box would make an amazing gift for the beauty lover in your life. I mean, who wouldn’t love to receive a package like this in the mail?!

SAMSUNG CSC

Ok, that’s GLOSSYBOX in a nutshell, so now let’s talk about what was inside my first box:

• Biorepublic Skincare Sheet Mask – Infused with natural extracts and vitamin E, this hydrating sheet mask promotes healthy, balanced skin in just one sitting.
    • Etre Belle Cosmetics Golden Skin Roll-On Caviar Eye Gel – We all want to look refreshed even if we didn’t get our full 8 hours of beauty-sleep. Etre Belle’s Golden Skin Roll-On erases signs of fatigue by firming and resuscitating tired skin around the eyes.
    • Benefits Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer – Sick of your pores seeping through your makeup after just a few hours? With Benefit’s POREfessional Face Primer you’ll enjoy an even-toned, flawless finish that protects your skin and effortlessly blurs imperfections.
    • Teeez Cosmetics Oasis Gem Lipstick in Heat Wave Ruby – Muted color palettes reflected in your cozy winter wardrobe call for a daring lip color. The limited edition berry-hued lipstick is the perfect accessory for an one-the-go ensemble.
    • GLAMGLOW ThirstyCleanse Daily Hydrating Cleanser – The last thing you want is dry, moisture-stripped skin during the winter. GLAMGLOW’s innovative cleanser combined the power of mud with pure green coconut water to create a foaming lather that gently and effectively rinses away makeup and dirt while hydrating your face.

SAM_7762 (1280x853)

Each beauty box arrives with a description of each product as well as expert beauty tips on how to best use your new cosmetic samples. I thought this was especially helpful since I was a total newbie to a couple of the products. Caviar eye gel? It sounded fancy, so I wanted to make sure I used it correctly. The expert tip suggest allowing it to absorb for at least a minute before applying makeup. That way, my foundation wouldn’t crease from excess product. It was a great tip and worked perfectly.

SAM_7807 (1280x853)

Another cool tidbit included with the GLAMGLOW ThirstyCleanse Daily Hydrating Cleanser was about clay, one of its key ingredients. It explained how it boosts circulation and reduces inflammation. It’s also most effective when wet, so it was suggested to mix it with plenty of water for the best results. It was like I had my own personal beauty expert giving me tips and advice as I tried each product, which, of course, made me even more excited about each one!

SAMSUNG CSC

GLOSSYBOX sounds pretty cool, right? If you’re thinking about giving it a try or purchasing it for the beauty lover in your life, here’s a little incentive: The first 100 people to use code CarrotsnCake will get 15% off your first box! Just click here. (Be sure to hop on it, the code will expire in 30 days.)

What’s your favorite way to discover new beauty products?

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious February 25, 2016 at 6:15 am

This would be a great gift! I never have time to experiment or try new products. I think I’m wearing the same type of makeup from Sephora for five years now!

Brynn February 25, 2016 at 6:31 am

I love the concept and the products are curated globally. Are you able to ask for certain types of products (dry skin, waterproof mascara)?

Tina February 25, 2016 at 8:10 am

Unfortunately, you can’t request specific products (that’s part of the fun of GLOSSYBOX!), but you can check out past boxes and brands they work with to give you an idea what products they’ve included in the past.

Betsy February 25, 2016 at 8:52 am

Thanks for the opportunity to get a discount, I just ordered Glossybox for my sister who is a new mom to two, I’m so glad she’ll feel pampered!

Tina February 25, 2016 at 9:11 am

Aww, that’s so sweet! She’ll LOVE it! 🙂

Lindsey Peterson February 25, 2016 at 9:49 am

I get birch box AND tipsy! Both are $10 each and you get the same as what you got maybe even more…I get you got yours free, maybe try those next if you pay…better value. But how fun is it to have them all sent to us customized!!!!!

Kirby Dudley February 25, 2016 at 12:16 pm

When we go out to eat we always refer to eating with our “ticking-time bomb” – AKA our 1 year old! Haha 🙂

That sounds awesome! I always receive giftcards to ULTA on holidays because my family and friends know how much I love to browse the aisles for new stuff, but with my little “ticking-time bomb” it has become more difficult! I may need to give this a try 🙂

Courtney @ ScoopingRN February 25, 2016 at 12:48 pm

I love GlamGlow! Discovered it last summer wandering around Sephora and have been hooked on their masks and face washes since. Enjoy!

Selinda February 25, 2016 at 12:49 pm

Ooo this is great! I used to get Ipsy but it was majority makeup and I didn’t use half the items that came with it. This looks like a great middle road – I signed up and can’t wait to get my first box!

Heather@hungryforbalance February 25, 2016 at 1:02 pm

I usually hear about the by word of mouth since I, too, am the mother of a spastic toddler. This sounds like a really cool service!

Rachel @ Simply Rachel Nicole February 25, 2016 at 3:11 pm

This sounds awesome! I love the thought of trying new things without having to search through the store with my super busy 2 year old ha!

Amanda @ Cheers to the Weekends February 25, 2016 at 3:12 pm

Oh I may have to try this! I currently get Ipsy which I used to love, but now I’m getting tired of it. Plus, I have SO MANY tiny bags since they send one with every shipment. I mean I love cosmetic bags, but this is insane!

Miriam February 25, 2016 at 4:24 pm

I have a suscription with Ipsy and I love it! Who doesn’t like receiving a surprise beauty gift in the mail every month! I don’t have the need for more products but I looked up the Glossybox and it looks like they have bigger sized products (than Ipsy). However I can’t find if they deliver to Canada (I know Birchbox doesn’t anymore).

Bethany February 25, 2016 at 5:57 pm

Super bombed they do not ship APO!

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats February 29, 2016 at 12:32 pm

I would love to hear how you wind up liking these products down the road. Maybe after a couple of months you can give us an update on which products you wound up liking best/continued to use?