• 16.1 Random Tidbits From The Weekend

February 29, 2016

Good morning and happy Monday!

With the CrossFit Open kicking off just last week, I decided to write this post in honor of its first workout (16.1), so here are 16 things/fun facts/randomness from the weekend!

#1: On Saturday morning, Mal, Quinn, and I went to breakfast at a new (to us) restaurant called Crossroads Cafe. It was adorable inside, the food was tasty, and the staff was really friendly. We’ll definitely be back!

#2: We kept Quinn entertained during breakfast with a bag of toys from home.

IMG_4135

#3: We also brought along a plastic car with a trunk, so he could put things inside (i.e. marbles, crayons, ice cubes, straw wrappers, packets of sugar), which is one of his favorite dining out activities and typically keeps him entertained for quite awhile.

IMG_4136

#4: Crossroads Cafe has animal-shaped pancakes on their menu, so, of course, we ordered them for Quinn!

IMG_4141

#5: He ate the entire pig pancake but not the cow, so we took it home for later.

IMG_4145

#6: I ordered eggs, home fries, and toast for breakfast, and it was delish!

IMG_4158

#7: I know I just blogged about this the other day, but I need to emphasize how incredible the horseradish hummus from Heleuva Good tastes. OMG, I love it. If you like horseradish, you need to try this one!

IMG_4116

#8: Mal took down the came-with-the-house curtains in Quinn’s playroom. Hooray!! We are making progress. The playroom is our next big house project!

IMG_4168 (1)

#9: We spent a lot of time playing in the garage since Quinn is obsessed with the door and snowblower.

IMG_4164

#10: We went to our friend’s 30th birthday celebration and there were chickens at the party!

IMG_4169

#11: Quinn loved hanging out and meeting them!

IMG_4172

IMG_4176

#12: On Sunday morning, I did the first workout (16.1) of the CrossFit Open, and it was brutal. I was cruising along at a decent pace until about 14 or 15 minutes in, but then everything came to a screeching halt and my body hurt all over. Oy. Even still, I’m happy with my score (187), but, wow, that workout hurt.

CrossFit Open 16.1

#13: After 16.1, I celebrated with a Nutty Irishman iced coffee from The Coffee Shack.

IMG_4157

IMG_4160

#14: My main goal for the upcoming week: Don’t be lazy with my meals. I ate a lot of cereal and crackers + hummus last week, so I planned a bunch of healthy meals and then went shopping at Trader Joe’s on Sunday afternoon.

IMG_4192

#15: On the menu this week:

I also prepped Breakfast Potatoes and Crockpot Oatmeal with chia seeds for breakfasts this week.

#16: Our weekend concluded with Charlotte’s Web, cuddles on the couch, and a big glass of wine for me!

movie_cuddling_wine

#.1: The end.

Questions of the Day

What’s your #1 goal for the week?

CrossFit friends: How did 16.1 go for you? How sore were you?

Has anyone ever thrown a surprise party for you?

Jen @ Chase the Red Grape February 29, 2016 at 2:28 am

Number one goal for this week is to not have to walk like a cowboy after 16.1! Haha! I hurt big style and the thrusters this morning that we had to do sure didn’t help! 🙁
    But I loved Saturday morning when the whole of our crossfit community got together, supported one and other and made the whole thing fun! Just damn those pesky lunges!!

Brynn February 29, 2016 at 5:44 am

My goal for the week is taking care of myself with better nutrition. Lots of extras lately! Way to go with the CFO! You may have hit a wall, but you got out there and gave your best!

Britt@MyOwnBalance February 29, 2016 at 6:02 am

My number one goal this week is to get through my annoying admin list of stuff to do that I hate doing!!

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious February 29, 2016 at 6:15 am

My number one goal for the week is to get enough sleep. I’ve been suffering from insomnia and feeling exhausted lately. I need sleep!

Linz @ Itz Linz February 29, 2016 at 6:45 am

Trader Joes has a great horseradish hummus too! My mom and sister threw me a surprise 30th birthday luncheon in the summer – it was wonderful and I was literally SHOCKED!!

Julia@yogawinehappiness.com February 29, 2016 at 7:21 am

My goal is to start a little exercise! I’m 5 weeks postpartum and can’t wait to release some endorphins!

I love charlottes web! One of my favorite books growing up!!

Amber @ Busy, Bold, Blessed February 29, 2016 at 7:39 am

16.1 went great for me! I got my first C2B pull up and then I got 32 more in the workout!!!!! I never thought I’d be able to Rx it 🙂

Tina February 29, 2016 at 7:40 am

Nice job!!

Kelli @ Hungry Hobby February 29, 2016 at 7:55 am

My number one goal is to shut down excess snacking like cheese directly out of the fridge and nighttime snacking. Sometimes it’s hard to break the habit but once I get through a couple of days I’m on a roll usually for the next few months!

Rebecca @ Strength and Sunshine February 29, 2016 at 8:08 am

I’m so jealous of Quinn’s pancakes :O

Chelsea@RunningWithaWhisk February 29, 2016 at 8:20 am

My #1 goal for this week is also to eat real food for my meals. The hubs has been out of town, so I have found myself eating scrambled eggs, smoothies, and yogurt bowls for most meals…not too many veggies in there! I’ve got my game plan to turn that around this week.

Hilary February 29, 2016 at 10:20 am

I love it that you keep goals for you week, I am trying to get into doing this, but for now I will continue with my monthly goals! But love your meal prepping, everything sounds delicious!

Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me February 29, 2016 at 10:43 am

I’m so glad to see that Quinn is looking happy and healthy! And he seems to be eating better. Love seeing a healthy boy 🙂

Kate February 29, 2016 at 10:56 am

You are so beast mode!! 187 doing rx!? I did the scaled version (don’t have a pull up, let alone chest to bar yet) and got 237 (9 rounds). My goal was 7 rounds so I was happy. 20 minutes is a longgg time.

Tina February 29, 2016 at 10:59 am

Seriously. Longest 20 minutes of my life! 237 is an awesome score! Congrats!!

Emily February 29, 2016 at 11:03 am

I still can’t walk normally after 16.1! It didn’t help that I was sitting on a plane for most of yesterday. Can’t wait for 16.2! This is my first Open, and I am having a blast! 🙂

Christine February 29, 2016 at 11:41 am

Number 1 goal is to survive the week with a 15 month old while my husband travels. ha! Key to survival is prepping for each day the night before (and some glasses of wine throughout the week!)

No one has ever thrown a surprise party for me but I did throw a surprise baby shower for a friend once. It was SO. MUCH. FUN. I can still remember the look on her face when she got home and saw everyone there, I felt so happy and excited for her because it was totally not expected and I could tell how overwhelmed she was by the love.

Jordan February 29, 2016 at 11:43 am

Fantastic performance on 16.1!!!!!! Super impressed. I got my first C2B Friday and ended up with 31 total… that last one just wouldn’t go… always something to work on.

Taylor February 29, 2016 at 11:49 am

Love the chickens.. too funny! I haven’t had a surprise party thrown for me, but I have thrown a couple for my sister. My goal this week is to get everyone checked off my to-do list.

Anna February 29, 2016 at 11:54 am

No one has ever thrown a surprise party for me, but my husband (then boyfriend) did fly into town for my birthday one year when we were long distance. His parents lived in town and were taking me out to dinner for my birthday… Before dinner I called him to tell him I was nervous to be alone with them… Little did I know they were ALL in the car together coming to pick me up. Awkward! Haha

Rosey Rebecca February 29, 2016 at 12:08 pm

OK- I definitely need animal shaped pancakes in my life. I love that Quinn loves the garage door. It’s the little things, right?!

Congrats on completing a tough workout. Bet you’re sore today!

Anne February 29, 2016 at 12:32 pm

Just last week you were saying you aren’t in Crossfit-shape and now look at you rocking an elite score!!!!!!!! Great job especially given that you haven’t been feeling your best recently!!!

Jenn February 29, 2016 at 1:36 pm

Holy! AMAZING 16.1 score!! Good for you!!
    I just started doing CrossFit 6 months ago and my coach talked me into doing the open this year despite being terrified!! I had to do scaled b/c I don’t have chest to bar pull-ups yet. My score was 299 – so I was pretty happy with that…I just wish I knew I needed just 5 ft more of lunges to get to 300! I had a blast though and SOOOO glad I signed up.

Colleen February 29, 2016 at 2:10 pm

I can’t remember if I posted this on your last UC post and there are so many comments, I can’t find if I did! Anyway, looking at your grocery haul, have your doctor’s mentioned histamine intolerance and UC?

http://ajcn.nutrition.org/content/85/5/1185.full.pdf+html?sid=facc8fe4-39a6-4154-b4e8-a57b0f8c1c32 This one is really good and even brings up remission during pregnancy.

Anyway, google it, its kind of interesting…our amazing bodies.

Tina February 29, 2016 at 2:58 pm

Thanks!

Rachel @ Simply Rachel Nicole February 29, 2016 at 3:34 pm

I think that it is so awesome that you prep your breakfasts. I really need to start doing that. My goal for the week is to take in more protein! 🙂

Heather E February 29, 2016 at 3:51 pm

16.1 was killer. My goal for the open this year is to Rx all of the workouts. With that said I had never gotten a C2B pull-up before so I was a little nervous but was able to get them and move through the workout Rx. Couldn’t have been happier. Spent a little too much of my 20 minutes celebrating that I got C2Bs so I decided to redo the workout yesterday. So I am sore, so very sore.

LT February 29, 2016 at 9:28 pm

I was sick the past two weeks and it just knocked me down completely. So my goal this week was simple – just get to the gym. Crushed Monday!

Karen February 29, 2016 at 11:44 pm

My first open and 16.1 killed my legs! They’re still sore! Can’t imagine rxing the workout!

Kait March 1, 2016 at 1:13 pm

16.1 was killer! I’d never done a chest-to-bar before Sunday… then I got 34 doing 16.1. My score in the end was 124 RX reps. I’m pretty pleased (and now, pretty sore!)! Looking forward to 16.2.
    Great score Tina on 16.1!