• What I’m Loving Lately 56

January 15, 2016

Good morning and happy Friday to you!

The weekend is almost here, which means it’s time for another Friday favorite: What I’m Loving Lately! I missed last week’s post, so I have quite the round-up for you guys this morning. Enjoy!

Coconut protein powder in my (hot) coffee – Of course, I love mixing it into my iced coffee, but it makes an incredible afternoon pick-me-up in hot coffee too. Just mix 12 ounces of coffee (not too hot) in a shaker with one scoop of SFH Coconut Fuel. OMG, it’s so delicious… sweet, but not too sweet with a punch of protein!

SFH_coconut_protein_coffee

How to Cook Spaghetti Squash in the Microwave – Super simple and just 12 minutes. Definitely beats baking it for 45+ minutes!

Utility Buckets for Toys – I found the one below from Target for just $5.99. Score. It’s perfect for toy storage (aka like 80,000 MegaBloks).

SAMSUNG CSC

Hunter Boot Socks – My goodness, they are comfy. I wear them with my boots all the time, but sometimes I just wear them around the house because they’re so darn soft and cozy.

Post Baby Bod Plan – I’m so excited to tell you guys about Gina’s (aka The Fitnessista) new Post Baby Bod website that launch earlier this week! It includes a safe and an effective, 12-week training plan with detailed workouts to help you gain strength and endurance after having a baby. The plan won’t officially release until March, but Gina is accepting pre-orders right now and anyone who orders before Monday will receive a free 4-week meal plan and recipe ebook, so definitely check it out if you’re in the market for a post-baby shape-up!

Post-Body-Bod-Exercise

Meet the chef who decides what Tom Brady eats—and what he definitely doesn’t – Super interesting and his diet sounds a lot like what I’m aiming for with mine.

This watercolor family portrait – Adorable, right? I especially love the little Murphy with his head tilt. Too cute. Heidi from HydeTheWildBoar captured our family in this watercolor painting so well. She has an Etsy shop, so if you’re interested in purchasing one yourself, you can save 10% with code CNC10 until January 31, 2016.

SAMSUNG CSC

Avocado Chicken Tortilla Soup – This soup looks easy and delicious, so it’s on my meal plan for next week.

Start Your Year (and Wallet) Off Right With the Best New Trader Joe’s Items – Pretzel croissants and Kale + Hemp Seed Salad? Yes, please!

Corkcicle Wine Chiller – Love this thing! All wine drinkers need one!

The #1 Habit You Should Have to Lose Weight – Spoiler: It’s “Find people to share your journey,” which made me think of a recent KFIT blog post about a woman, who has lost 20 pounds, 3 dress sizes, and a lot of inches since joining 6 months ago. Her story is like so many people’s (mine included!) and what ultimately worked for her was an amazing community to share her journey with!

The Live Well Event at Target – Lots of great deals on workout gear at Target right now!

Shop Now

Want to Save $100? Try These Really Strange Tricks At the Grocery Store – This was really good!!

Watching The Adventures of Milo and Otis with Quinn for the first time – It was seriously the highlight of my whole week. Milo and Otis was one of my favorite movies growing up (I owned an orange cat and was obsessed with pugs from a young age), so I loved being able to share it with him. Quinn loved it and pointed and said “uh oh” like a million times during it and then laughed hysterically when the pugs ran and played together. It was so cute!

IMG_1897

10 Tricks For the Best Homemade Salads – Great ideas and you’ll look forward to every single salad you make!
    Step Up Fecal Transplant Study Results – Very exciting!

Our gratitude jar – Recent additions: How Quinn says “hello” and “soy sauce,” podcasts, Remicade, and our jobs and how they allow us to spend time with our family.

Questions of the Day

What’s your favorite weight loss tip/trick?

What was your favorite movie as a kid?

What are you grateful for today?

Heidi Ellsworth January 15, 2016 at 2:47 am

All the Disneys!! Especially The Little Mermaid. Thanks again for giving me a shout out!!

Karien @ Running the Race January 15, 2016 at 5:01 am

Grateful for some exciting plans in the pipeline for us as a little family!

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious January 15, 2016 at 6:06 am

I read that article on Tom Brady. Quite intriguing! Now I’m off to learn how to cook spaghetti squash in the microwave. Hopefully it will save me some time!

Becky @ Olives n Wine January 15, 2016 at 7:18 am

Accountability and a group are key when it comes to weight loss for me!! It’s nice to have someone to remind you how hard you’re working when you want to take a spoon to a gallon of ice cream LOL. Love the tub idea for toys! I’m going to search my Target for them this weekend 🙂

Linz @ Itz Linz January 15, 2016 at 7:28 am

Drink tons of water! I’m grateful for the three day weekend!

Susie @ SuzLyfe January 15, 2016 at 7:40 am

I actually can’t remember the last time that I cooked a spaghetti squash in the oven! I’ve been doing the microwave thing for years.Favorite movie as a kid. Hmm, definitely loved Disney, but also loved Star Wars and National Velvet.

Hilary January 15, 2016 at 8:10 am

So glad someone else has tried that coconut protein in coffee! I did a recipe post about that stuff because I loved it so much!

Kelli @ Hungry Hobby January 15, 2016 at 8:15 am

The links are amazing! I don’t know where you find them floating in internet land! Spaghetti Squash in the microwave just as good, I almost always do that unless I’m going to roast more than one. Protein powder in my coffee has never worked out well for me (think clumpy mess). I’ll have to give it it a try!!!! Favorite move = the little mermaid but we had to fast forward through the scary parts!

Heather @ Life In Leggings January 15, 2016 at 8:23 am

I’ve never tried coconut protein powder, it looks like I should! Hmm, that movie reminds me of Homeward Bound, I used to be obsessed with it when I was growing up. Have a great weekend!

Elizabeth at Tiny Fitness January 15, 2016 at 8:24 am

As a personal trainer and group fitness instructor, I TOTALLY agree about the importance of a supportive community. I think the next most important weight loss tip is to be able to appreciate non-scale victories, like working out consistently, having your clothes fit better, learning new healthy recipes, trying a new workout…. You have to appreciate yourself for more than a number on the scale.

Tina January 15, 2016 at 8:40 am

Totally agree! The scale does not tell the whole story.

Jen Kedrie January 15, 2016 at 9:06 am

Where can we get the corksicle – I was unable to open the link?

Tina January 15, 2016 at 9:15 am

That’s so strange! It opened right up for me. Macy’s sells them, plus other department stores and online.

Melissa January 15, 2016 at 9:08 am

I am grateful for a job that also allows me to spend time with my family, and I’m grateful for our parents who have been so supportive through the ups and downs we’ve had over the past couple of years!

brynn January 15, 2016 at 9:16 am

Adding a salad to my dinner. I eat it before the rest of my food and I fill up, eat less and get in a large serving of nutrients. Milo and Otis was one of my favorite movies as a kid – such a sweet movie.

Morgan @ Morgan Manages Mommyhood January 15, 2016 at 9:32 am

My husband had an orange cat and a pug when he was little and loved that movie too! My son won’t sit still for anything that isn’t animated (and even then it’s hit or miss) so we’re holding off but he’s so excited to show it to our son! Also, that watercolor – I need one!

Katie sB January 15, 2016 at 9:37 am

I’m thankful for my 3 month old baby boy, my husband, our pug, and all our blessings!

Sarah @ bucketlisttummy January 15, 2016 at 9:47 am

I loved Aladdin as a kid – haha! I like the idea of a gratitude jar, great way to stay present and thankful. Just moving more is my tip for weight loss. I sit at the computer alot but make sure to get up and stretch every 20-30 minutes.

Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday January 15, 2016 at 9:54 am

Microwave spaghetti squash? Genius! I’ve gotta try that! And I loved the Parent Trap as a kid! I could still probably quote it line for line…

Sarah @ Sweet Miles January 15, 2016 at 10:26 am

Hunter makes boot socks??? Whhhaaaatt??

christine January 15, 2016 at 10:31 am

Eating Paleo is my favorite weight loss tip/trick. When I started eating paleo the weight melted off! But no sugar and white flour is probably the key to my success because I do love healthy grains. I’m a big believer that sugar feeds disease so I’m trying to incorporate a paleo lifestyle as much as possible with my family. Granted I won’t deny a sweet treat every once in while.

Any Christmas or holiday movie!

I’m grateful for my family and our health. My MIL just suffered a massive stroke this week and we are praying and hoping she pulls through – so our health is heavy on my mind and I’m so grateful for my health.

Valerie January 15, 2016 at 11:07 am

Evidently I LOVED Disney movies as a kid. My all time favorite is Cinderella, but I’ve been told that I somehow got PB&J all over one of our video tapes (I think The Jungle Book) because I loved it so much. I’ve also loved Steel Magnolias since I was about 8.

I’m grateful for being able to talk to my fiance even though he’s in Korea. We’ve been able to video chat the past two evenings and it makes me so happy that we can do that.

Katie January 15, 2016 at 11:09 am

Are you heading towards a more vegetarian/vegan diet? My husband and I are vegetarians and it is the best thing we’ve ever done for ourselves!

Chelsea@TableForOne January 15, 2016 at 11:31 am

Grateful today for an extra long weekend with my hubby! We have some fun plans to try snow-shoeing!!

Tina January 15, 2016 at 11:36 am

Funnn!

Heidi Kokborg January 15, 2016 at 11:51 am

I need to try that coffee thing. It sounds really good! And hunter socks are amazing. I love them too!

Christine (The Raw Project) January 15, 2016 at 11:58 am

Interesting, I need to try protein coffee! And I’m grateful for the long weekend – woohoo!

Taylor January 15, 2016 at 12:46 pm

Drink tons and tons of water and get a lot of sleep!!

Anna January 15, 2016 at 12:57 pm

I eat just like Gisele (ok, except for coffee…) so why don’t I look more like her lol 🙂 But seriously, great article on plant based nutrition. I’m thinking of taking that e-course at Cornell. Thanks for sharing, Tina!

Jenn January 16, 2016 at 12:42 am

@Anna: I thought the same thing about the course! Then I saw the price…over $1000 yikes. It’d be far cheaper to read the instructors published books and plant-based blogs instead 🙂

Shel@PeachyPalate January 15, 2016 at 1:29 pm

Defo need to check out the salad post! Loving my new high speed blender…!!! Smoothies, pestos and today blender brownies!

Hannah January 15, 2016 at 2:20 pm

I’m grateful that today’s a new day. I can get stuff done unlike yesterday. I wrote a blog post about this https://htellsit.wordpress.com/2016/01/15/getting-personal/

Rachel @ Simply Rachel Nicole January 15, 2016 at 2:40 pm

I love your water color family portrait! It is so cute!

Heather@hungryforbalance January 15, 2016 at 3:35 pm

I’m grateful for fleece lined leggings on cold days!
    Weight loss tip- mindful eating and hunger gauges!

Jenn January 16, 2016 at 12:38 am

Nice! That coconut fuel looks awesome! But whey?? That doesn’t irritate your stomach?? Tom’s chef had me until he said no caffeine…:0

Emma @ Project Body Image January 16, 2016 at 6:25 am

I love the gratitude jar updates! Quinn just sounds the cutest! I’m grateful for starting my day with a frosty sunrise run – best way to get an endorphin kick!

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner January 16, 2016 at 11:14 am

I LOVE that watercolor painting. That’s going to be my new I-don’t-know-what-to-get-you gift for people. So cute.

gina (fitnessista) January 16, 2016 at 3:45 pm

thank you so much for the PBB shout out! <3
    hope you all have a wonderful weekend.
    xoxo

Nikki January 17, 2016 at 2:30 pm

Spaghetti Squash is great, never thought to cook it in the microwave though! Definitely cuts down the time a lot to make it a quick dinner option.

jess January 19, 2016 at 12:14 pm

Milo and Otis, a classic! We named our pug Otis after that movie.