• Life Via iPhone

January 7, 2016

Goooooooood morning!

I haven’t shared random photos from my iPhone (aka a “photo dump”) since October (crazy… where does the time go?), which means I have quite the mix of life moments to show you guys. Are you ready? Let’s do it!

A recent rice + quinoa bowl (yes, I’m obsessed). In the mix: Brown rice and quinoa (both microwaveable from Trader Joe’s – highly recommend), baby spinach, roasted zucchini, butternut squash (also Trader Joe’s and highly recommended), topped with nutritional yeast. SO. GOOD.

IMG_1547

Playing airplane with Dada. These two are the cutest, and I love seeing them crack up together. It melts my heart.

IMG_1551

My new life motto. “Demand more of yourself” is printed on the back wall of CrossFit Salt Shack, so you can’t miss it when you walk in. The first time I saw it, it gave me chills. It just made so much sense with regard to CrossFit, but so many other aspects of my life and who I am, and I haven’t been able to get it out of my head since. They’re definitely new words to live by.

Rainy day boots. A Christmas gift from Mal… even though we said no Christmas gifts this year. I still bought him something, but it wasn’t anywhere near as awesome as these boots! Best husband ever.

IMG_1561

Girls’ night at Scarlet Oak Tavern. So fun. I definitely need more of these in my life!

IMG_1597

Quinn working out with the guys at CrossFit. It’s funny how much he loves the gym. It must be because he spent 9 months WOD-ing with me!

My cousins and me at a wedding in the early 90s (if you can’t tell). My cousin Meeghan sent this photo to me the other day, so I saved it onto my phone. Oh, 90s fashion. Amazing, wasn’t it? I was obsessed with that Blossom hat.

Returning books at the library. Quinn stopped to show me the “scooper.” Too cute.

Our front steps. Snow! GAH! I’m still not ready after last winter.

How not to play with the musical dino. Quinn climbs on everything nowadays. Thankfully, he didn’t break it!

Cuddling with Murphy before bed. What a strange creature. Sometimes I think it’s weird that he lives with us.

My feet during a recent winter run. I actually kind of like running in the cold… well, ok, not hurts-your-face cold, but the mid-to-upper 20s are quite nice.

IMG_1576

Links of Interest

What Fit Girls Pack For Lunch

31 Day Clean Eating Menu Plan

12 Helpful Tips Women Who’ve Lost Weight Swear By

24 Diagrams To Help You Eat Healthier <— this is awesome!

Your turn! Pull out your cell phone and tell me about a random photo that you recently snapped!

P.S. Don’t forget that the amazing Victoria’s Secret deal kicks off today: Free Sport Pant with Regular Priced Sports Bra purchase with Code GIFTSPORT! Happy shopping!

Karien @ Running the Race January 7, 2016 at 5:33 am

So crazy to think that it’s starting to snow up where you are… Down here in South Africa we’re right in the middle of one of the worst heat waves in history – we’ve had temps of 113 for the past two days – that snow looks really good to me right now…! 😉

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious January 7, 2016 at 6:06 am

Mal & Quinn together are the cutest! I can only imagine the laughter. In my phone, a screen shot of a random internet site name I didn’t want to forget, new chocolate cookie recipe and a gym selfie!

Brynn January 7, 2016 at 6:18 am

Love the throwback picture! It reminds me of so many pictures I have from the 80s. Hilarious!
    A random picture is one of my Christmas tree with just lights. I didn’t want to take it down this year.

Grace January 7, 2016 at 7:17 am

Love your “photo dumps” – I can’t wait to try your rice & quinoa bowl, looks SO good. I just love my Hunter boots!! How do you like the sock inserts? I was debating getting a fleece pair. Would you recommend them?

Tina January 7, 2016 at 7:29 am

Definitely!! I actually want to get a couple more pairs. They’re so warm and cozy!

Britt@MyOwnBalance January 7, 2016 at 7:29 am

I’m dying over Quinn’s boots. They are so adorable!!! That rice/quinoa bowl looks so good and healthy! I need to give it a try!

Mina January 7, 2016 at 8:04 am

How much rice/quinoa do you put in your bowls? Also, I’m heading to Boston for a conference tomorrow. I’m staying at the Hilton Downtown/Faneuil Hall. Any recommendations for vegan/plant based friendly places to grab a quick bite? Also, I have a crazy sweet tooth and will indulge in non vegan ice cream and cupcakes if they’re really good. Any recommendations for that? Looks like I’ll be able to run outside in the mornings and not on the hotel’s dreadmill!

thanks!!!

Jen Kedrie January 7, 2016 at 8:05 am

These are some of my favorite posts. I’ve been de-cluttering and realized I have books that I’ve never used that I purchased when I was getting my P-3 teaching cert; (not to sound creepy) but I’d love to send you a few good ones for Quinn although I don’t see a PO Box.

Julie @ Run Away Freckles January 7, 2016 at 8:27 am

I got Hunters for Christmas too from my fiance and they are the best present ever!!

Christen January 7, 2016 at 8:46 am

That throwback picture cracked me up because it reminded me so much of me and my sisters 🙂 We definitely rocked the Blossom hats and floral dresses with puffy sleeves!

Tina January 7, 2016 at 9:02 am

It was such an amazing time in fashion!

Melissa January 7, 2016 at 8:53 am

I love that sign. The only thing is, for me anyway, I would take that TOO seriously and then expect too much of myself and never cut myself slack!

Daina January 7, 2016 at 9:00 am

I love your hunter boots…I’ve been wanting to get a pair. I wear a 7.5, so unsure if getting a 7 or 8? Any recommendations?

Tina January 7, 2016 at 9:03 am

I’d go 8. I’m a 7 and the 7 Hunters fit perfectly with the sock liners, which I highly recommend!

Daina January 7, 2016 at 10:00 am

Thank you!

Katelyn @ katerunshappy January 7, 2016 at 9:06 am

I love my Hunter boots – you will get so much use out of them!

Suzanne January 7, 2016 at 9:30 am

Love the boots, they’ve been on my wish list for a while!

Hoping the real snow holds off, assuming it does I’m going for the Winter Warlock Half too. I don’t mind the cold either, but not a fan of running with snow and ice on the ground.

As for the picture, I made a killer Tres Leches Cake from The Pioneer Woman with fresh whipped cream on Tuesday and had to take a photo 🙂

Tina January 7, 2016 at 9:46 am

Yummmm! I would have too! 🙂

Jennifer @ Peacefully Fit Fellowship January 7, 2016 at 9:33 am

Hunter boots are my favorite! Costco had them on sale in the fall and I quickly grabbed a pair. They come up to my knee because I’m so short, but I love them nonetheless. 🙂

Kelli @ Hungry Hobby January 7, 2016 at 9:48 am

Happy Thursday! Love the photo dump and love the boots! I got a pair of Juice rain boots in college from my roommate and I still love them to this day! Running in the cold the other hand, I’d say upper 40’s is where it’s at….20’s makes me want to crawl in a hole (#Arizonabornandraised) have a great day!

Cakes Online Hyderabad January 7, 2016 at 10:18 am

Really impressed with your blog. Thanks for sharing your precious moments with us.. I enjoyed my stay here…

Keep updating..

Gretchen | Gretchruns January 7, 2016 at 10:19 am

I clicked on a random picture and it was a picture that Dan took of Selma (my dog) and me cuddling together on the couch!

Kylie January 7, 2016 at 11:30 am

That rice bowl looks yummy! Have you done a post yet on how eating vegetarian has impacted your ibd and/or just how you feel in general? I would love to know!

Shel@PeachyPalate January 7, 2016 at 11:32 am

I need a phone with a better camera! Id capture so many more moments! 🙂

Anna January 7, 2016 at 11:54 am

I’m obsessed with nutritional yeast! Best recipe: “Cheesy” Popcorn- make popcorn on the stove with coconut oil, top with sea salt and nutritional yeast 🙂

Hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run January 7, 2016 at 12:25 pm

beautiful Hunter boots!

Katrine January 7, 2016 at 1:25 pm

I love Quinn’s shoes in the gym photo. Do you mind sharing the brand or where you got them? Thanks!

Tina January 7, 2016 at 1:42 pm

They’re UGGS from thredUP!

Julia @ Lord Still Loves Me January 7, 2016 at 2:53 pm

I used to play airplane with my dad too! An absolute highlight of my childhood, and I’m glad Quinn gets to experience that as well. 🙂

Heidi Kokborg January 7, 2016 at 3:01 pm

I love these posts where you share your life through photos from you phone. You should do more of them!

Tess January 7, 2016 at 3:24 pm

I have the same black shiny Brooks sneakers!! Love them!!! Ha, the random pic I found on my phone is of a plain boring plate of cold wet tofu. Proof to my husband that I forced myself to choke down some protein for lunch yesterday. Loll my pregnancy has me hating everything but bread and citrus so I had to show him the evidence that I finally ate protein!! Lol

Tina January 7, 2016 at 3:32 pm

Haha! I love that!

Christine January 7, 2016 at 3:46 pm

Random photo of my 14 month old eating a cupcake I made him – I just loved the way he ate it, lol..
    p.s. Love your boots, Mal did good! And the inserts are cute!

Rachel @ Simply Rachel Nicole January 7, 2016 at 4:54 pm

Love your new life motto!!

Ellen Renee January 7, 2016 at 7:35 pm

Random pic….we had some heavy rain (5 – 6 inches) last week and my husband walked out onto the porch as it was stopping and the sun came out and he caught a pretty double rainbow…which he texted to me since I was at work. I found for the very first time at the store today…. medjool dates (they were even Natural Delights brand)! Have been looking for them for so long…maybe have been there all along…not sure. They were in the refrigerated section…not far from the protein juices – which I never buy so don’t really pay attention. As soon as I got home I got out the peanut butter and had a date with a dab….YUM!

Tina January 7, 2016 at 7:48 pm

Yay! I just ate a couple after dinner!

eva January 7, 2016 at 7:52 pm

Quinn is just adorable. Love how curious he seems! I have a similar body type to you and have been back and forth on hunters but they seem to work really well for you so I think I’ll take the plunge! Do you have a link to buy them? (I can def find them myself but as a long time reader would love to support the blog if possible!)

Tina January 7, 2016 at 8:30 pm

Yep, they’re linked in this post (under the photo). Thank you! Enjoy! They’re really awesome boots!

Karen @ Not Just Celery January 7, 2016 at 9:40 pm

MMM I love nutritional yeast, this reminds me I’m all out and need to re-stock!

Linz @ Itz Linz January 8, 2016 at 7:04 am

I’m so not ready for snow! ST Louis may get our first dusting this weekend. William climbs on EVERYTHING these days too!