• Life Via iPhone 15

January 27, 2016

Good morning!

It’s time for another edition of “Life Via iPhone” (aka “Photo Dump”), which means I have quite the random mix of life moments to share with you guys. Are you ready? Here we go!

Coloring with Dada and Murphy – These three are so cute together, and I love that Mal and Quinn are still in their jammies.

IMG_1998 (1280x1280)

This was such a “fun” workout – I really loved it, but my legs did not, especially after running 13.1 miles the day before. Woof.

IMG_2143

Quinn’s daily report from daycare – He fell asleep with an orange from our fruit bowl during nap time. Adorable. Apparently, he carried it around all morning too!

IMG_2157

I recently cut 3 inches off my hair – I snapped this photo to show my friend Marisa.

IMG_2234

Here’s the photo from KFIT that inspired my recent hair cut – It looks like there’s a bird’s nest on my head! Yikes.

IMG_2210 (1)

Playing outside on a semi-warm day – Please note the mittens on Quinn’s hands. (I know, right?!) The folks from ETS Apparel recently sent him one of their Cubbies to try out and it is THE BEST THING EVER. It’s a fleece shirt with mittens that are attached by zippers, so they stay on, but have the option of being removed too. Quinn didn’t seem to mind them at all and kept them on the entire time we were outside. Best invention ever. (FYI: The shirt is designed to be worn under a winter jacket, but it was so warm outside the other day, Quinn just wore the shirt with another long sleeve under it.) You can save 15% off your oder with discount code CAKE15!

IMG_2416

We finally hung the photos from our session with Lucie – We had them professionally framed too, so they look awesome. We hung a few in our bedroom and some in the living room. I love them so much.

IMG_2141

A tiny salad thief – Quinn snagged my Kale Caesar Salad and then took it into the living room, so he could watch TV while he ate. Haha!

IMG_2291

Mal’s “lost” keys – I found them in the front door about 30 minutes after Mal frantically ran around the house looking for them. He ended up taking my car, so I sent him a picture to show him that I found them right where he left them!

Quinn looking for Murphy’s belly button… again – Poor Murphy. He puts up with a lot.

IMG_2160

Kohl’s Gift Card Giveaway

Thanks to everyone who entered to win a $100 gift card to Kohl’s! Here is your winner:

Courtney R

My favorite make ahead is definitely egg muffins. They are so versatile in terms of the veggies you can add and nothing keeps me full throughout the morning like eggs. They are the perfect protein!!

Congrats, Courtney! Please email me at tina@carrotsncake with your full name and mailing address to claim your prize.

When was the last time you got your hair cut?

P.S. Just wanted to share two great deals at Forever 21:

P.P.S. And there’s free standard shipping in the CNC Shop (get your “awesome average runner” and “will run for iced coffee” tops!) on all orders from now through 2/3/16 (Wednesday). Just enter the code LOVE16 at checkout!

Karien @ Running the Race January 27, 2016 at 3:26 am

I also had an inch or two snipped off my hair two weeks ago. Amazing how doing that makes one feel like a new person!

Hilary January 27, 2016 at 5:42 am

I have done that keys left in the door so many times it’s almost embarrassing so I know exactly how that is!

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious January 27, 2016 at 6:02 am

Mao & Quinn sure are bids! I love how Murph is always nearby. Last time I cut my hair was November and it’s getting time for another one soon!

Brynn January 27, 2016 at 6:54 am

After reading this post I’ve decided my son needs a Cubbie shirt (genius) and secondly that I need a Will Run for Coffee shirt! The pictures of Q are precious. Where did you find your frames?

Tina January 27, 2016 at 6:55 am

We had them professionally framed, so Mal picked them out at a local shop!

R January 27, 2016 at 8:38 am

@Brynn:
    Crate and Barrel has some similar ones!

Melanie Hrdlicka January 27, 2016 at 12:37 pm

@Brynn: We recently hung a bunch of family photos and used frames from Ikea. Good prices and they look great!

Kelli @ Hungry Hobby January 27, 2016 at 8:22 am

oh my gosh all the moments we would forget if it wasn’t for our iphones! I hope I can do a workout like that after I run my half this weekend, but, since it’s my first one I’m not keeping my hopes up!

tracy January 27, 2016 at 8:43 am

the cubbies look great – sadly my daughter is 4 now and has aged out! They need these for the big kids!!

Melissa @ melissakolbeck.com January 27, 2016 at 9:01 am

I love how you can laugh at your husband’s misplaced keys. My husband has done it so many times it’s annoying. It’s almost a daily thing: “where are my keys??” Ugh! And then the time he couldn’t find his keys so he took mine without telling me and then didn’t put them back.

christine January 27, 2016 at 9:03 am

Last hair cut was September, I’m due for a trim in February. I’m trying to grow it out after a hormonal hair cut (after baby was born) that was too short for my liking, ha!

Ellen @ My Uncommon Everyday January 27, 2016 at 9:40 am

I’ve totally done that with my keys before and it never fails to freak me out! Love that Quinn took your salad I last got my hair cut a few days before Christmas. Ideally, I do it every 6-8 weeks, but being away at school means I usually stretch it out to 10 or so. The ends stay healthy, but it gets so thick!

Briana January 27, 2016 at 10:13 am

My hair, ugh. It’s been about 6+ months at this point. I am covered in Grey. I’m pregnant with baby #3 and I swear each time I have a kid my hair gets cut less and less. Maybe you’ve inspired me enough to finally get one!

Rachel @ Simply Rachel Nicole January 27, 2016 at 12:41 pm

I absolutely love watching my husband with our little girl as well! It is the best thing ever! We are having a baby boy in May and it thrills me that he will have a son now too! I think your hair looks so healthy! I love the cut!

Emma @ Project Body Image January 27, 2016 at 1:47 pm

Murphy clearly needs some PJ’S too…and maybe an orange!

Tina January 27, 2016 at 1:59 pm

Haha!

Taylor January 27, 2016 at 1:57 pm

Love all the pictures! My husband and I are constantly searching our house for our keys… we try to put them in the same spot every day, but somehow we always end up losing them.

Heather@hungryforbalance January 27, 2016 at 2:19 pm

I haven’t had a haircut in 6 months!! I really REALLY need one.

Erin @ Erin's Inside Job January 27, 2016 at 3:27 pm

I get my hair cut maaaaybe twice a year, but prob closer to one. Since I’m teaching all the time it’s always up in some weird nest on my head and when I can actually do it I’m surprised by how much longer it’s gotten!

Bethany January 27, 2016 at 5:25 pm

Love this pictures! So Sweet! I’ve def left my keys in the door!

Jenny January 27, 2016 at 7:27 pm
    Tina January 27, 2016 at 7:42 pm

Adorable!!!!!

shelly January 27, 2016 at 7:56 pm

My little guy loves to color too. His favorite thing to “draw” are outlets. He’s obsessed!

Sherri D @ fun fit flavor January 27, 2016 at 9:43 pm

Hair cut & color two weeks ago at Salon de Cheveaux in South Boston! 🙂

Amy January 27, 2016 at 11:34 pm

Love the daycare quote. My little one loves to pick certain things throughout the day and won’t ever let them go!

EtS Apparel January 28, 2016 at 10:36 am

Glad you love the Cubbies, they are a life saver for parents with little ones that want to spend time in the snow and not be constantly fixing mittens or going inside early due to cold hands. They are excellent for skiing too! Enjoy the Snow!

Gianna @ Run, Lift, Repeat January 28, 2016 at 11:11 am

I haven’t cut my hair since May and every morning as I am doing it I tell myself today is the day I will make an appointment. Suffice to say…still procrastinating on that one haha

Stacie January 29, 2016 at 1:00 am

If you look closely at the first picture of Quinn and Mal in their PJs, you will also see that Murphy is sleeping! Ha ha ha!! Maybe he is dreaming of putting his PJs back on and going back to bed. Love that he is back to his old self.

Cute post 🙂

jen January 29, 2016 at 7:24 pm

My hair has not.been cut.since.september..and it was a trim since it.wasnt my usual stylist. I am now using a desperately needed haircut as a reward for when I lose 25 lbs.