• Healthy Super Bowl Breakfast Nachos

January 21, 2016

Thank you Simply 7 Snacks for sponsoring this post! While this was a sponsored opportunity from Simply 7 Snacks, all content and opinions expressed here are my own.

If you’re a football fan, it’s not surprising that your Super Bowl Sunday is an all-day affair, which means your festivities likely begin within hours of waking. If that’s the case, your first meal of the day is likely on your mind– and we all know breakfast is the most important meal of the day!

SAMSUNG CSC

That’s right, friends, here’s a nutritious and delicious recipe that gives you a reason to eat nachos for breakfast. It’s such a simple idea, but one that will appeal to just about any group of fans.

SAM_6804 (1024x683)

The only thing you really need to make nachos a breakfast food is eggs, but in order to consider them a good-for-you dish, a nutritious “base” is needed. That’s why Simply7’s Kale Chips are an awesome pick. (I chose the Sea Salt variety, but Simply7 also makes Dill Pickle and Lemon & Olive Oil flavors.) They’re a tasty ridged chip (perfect for nachos), and they’re designed to pack the fresh flavor and great benefits of kale.

SAMSUNG CSC

And, of course, we all know kale is a wonderful way to boost the nutrients in your diet. Simply7’s Kale Chips have nearly 80% of your daily Vitamin K, so they’re definitely a high-quality snack. (The brand also makes Quinoa, Lentil, and Hummus Chips.)

SAM_6740 (1024x683)

Additionally, all of Simply7’s products adhere to seven core standards that the company stands behind. Hence, the Simple7 name: Clean ingredients (nothing genetically modified), no added preservatives, 0 grams trans fats, no artificial colors or flavors, gluten-free, simple ingredients, and simply delicious. With all of these standards in place, you can feel good about eating these chips!

SAM_6797 (1024x683)

Ok, it’s breakfast nacho time!

Ingredients:

• 1 bag Simply7 Sea Salt Kale Chips
    • 2 eggs + 2 egg whites
    • 3 tbsp milk
    • 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
    • 1/2 cup fresh salsa
    • 4-6 grape tomatoes
    • 1 bunch of scallions
    • salt + pepper to taste

Directions:

Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

Whisk together eggs and milk. Season with salt and pepper. Scramble eggs in a fry pan on the stove top.

SAMSUNG CSC

Prepare your favorite nacho ingredients: Slice grape tomatoes and scallions. Other tasty (and healthy!) topping ideas: Black beans, green bell pepper, jalapenos, sour cream, avocado, crumbled feta, sliced black olives, and chunked chicken breast. Anything goes!

SAMSUNG CSC

Spread Simply7 Sea Salt Kale Chips in a baking dish and then top them with scrambled eggs, sliced tomatoes, salsa, and shredded cheese.

SAMSUNG CSC

Bake nachos for about 8-10 minutes or until cheese is fully melted.

SAMSUNG CSC

Remove pan from oven, garnish with scallions, and serve immediately!

SAM_6803 (683x1024)

Recipe makes 4 servings

SAMSUNG CSC

If you’d like to try Simply7’s products yourself, they are offering $1.00 Off 1 Bag, Any Flavor 3.5-5oz. (You can print the coupon here. You can also click on the banner below to enter your email address and it will send you the coupon to print at a more convenient time.) Not sure where to buy Simply7 products? Check out their helpful store locator.

What’s your favorite part about Super Bowl Sunday?

I like football, but my favorite part is EASILY the food!

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious January 21, 2016 at 6:08 am

Eggs on nachos? Sign me up! I haven’t tried these chips. I’ve never seen them, but I will be on the lookout for them!

Brynn January 21, 2016 at 6:22 am

The quinoa chips sound perfect for dips. My favorite part is throwing the party- I can pass on the game. 🙂

Hilary January 21, 2016 at 6:32 am

Yum! I have almost picked up those lentil chips by Simply 7 so many times, I haven’t seen the kale ones but those sounds great!

Melissa January 21, 2016 at 7:00 am

Those kale chips look and sound incredible! Yum, I definitely plan to buy them soon!

Kelli @ Hungry Hobby January 21, 2016 at 8:47 am

Now I want breakfast nachos for breakfast! Looks super easy, healthy and delicious my favorite combination!

Melissa @ melissakolbeck.com January 21, 2016 at 8:58 am

I would have never thought to make breakfast nachos. We are not football people (or sports people, for that matter, I know how un-American), but I do enjoy the excuse to sit in front of the tv for several hours and eat food I wouldn’t normally eat. 😀

Christine January 21, 2016 at 9:37 am

Favorite part of super bowl Sunday is Buffalo Everything!

Tina January 21, 2016 at 9:41 am

Yessssss!

Erin @ Erin's Inside Job January 21, 2016 at 10:08 am

Definitely looks awesome. Whenever football is on we usually wind up getting pizza. Now that I’ve discovered this mac n’ cheese pizza here in Chicago I have developed a serious problem 🙂

Shel@PeachyPalate January 21, 2016 at 10:23 am

Wow awesome idea!!! They look amazing!

Linz @ Itz Linz January 21, 2016 at 10:31 am

i’m a fan of nachos all the time! great idea to have them for breakfast!

Rachel @ Simply Rachel Nicole January 21, 2016 at 12:08 pm

I’ve never heard of kale chips from the store, but these look super good! I think my family would love this recipe! 🙂

Jennifer @ Tri Stuff I Like January 21, 2016 at 3:42 pm

Wow – this looks really tasty! My fiance is a huge fan of nachos, so I don’t think I’d have to twist his arm to try these. I also love when I can sneakily “healthify” the recipe a bit! 🙂

Krista January 21, 2016 at 4:56 pm

Oh man, this looks awesome! The grocery stores in my area don’t seem to sell anything that may appear to be “too” healthy, drawing the line at gluten-free bread and flaxseed.. (I went to ask where the quinoa was at one grocery store, and they looked at me like I had two heads… yeah.) Definitely making buffalo cauliflower though for the game!

Jess @ Keeping It Real Food January 21, 2016 at 8:43 pm

What an awesome idea! This would also be a fun twist on breakfast-for-dinner.

Sheena @ Paws and Pavement January 22, 2016 at 5:39 pm

Just made my day! I love nachos!