• Getting My Sweat On {Recent Workouts}

August 2, 2014

Hi, guys!

Just popping in to share my workouts from the past couple of weeks!

recent workouts

WEEK OF 7/20

Sunday: Off

Monday: Off

Tuesday: CrossFit

WOD
    “Start Up”
    4 RFT:
    15 Hang Power Cleans (115, 75)
    15 Burpees

This one was fun! I can’t remember my time, but I did the workout Rx. Yay!

Wednesday: CrossFit

STRENGTH
    1) Clean Grip Dead Lift: 4 x 4, adding
    2) Push Press: 4 x 4, adding

WOD
    “Open WOD 13.2”
    AMRAP 10:
    5 Shoulder to Overhead (115, 75)
    10 Dead Lifts (115, 75)
    15 Box Jumps (24, 20) (step ups acceptable)

I finished with 209 reps, which was 27 less than when I last did this workout, which is no big deal. I was just happy to do it Rx! Those Shoulder to Overheads were heavy!

Thursday: Off

Friday: CrossFit

STRENGTH
    Front Squat: 3 x 5 @80% (I worked my way up to #105 – still rocking “Bambi legs” a little bit.)

WOD
    “Brain Games”
    10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1
    Power Snatches (95, 65)
    Bar Facing Burpees
    20 Double Unders after each round

L3: (75, 45)
    L2: (65, 35); 10 dubs per round OR 5 attempts per round

I can’t remember my time, but I used #45 for the Power Snatches.

Saturday: At-home workout – “Dirty Diana

WEEK OF 7/27

Sunday: Off

Monday: CrossFit

WOD
    “Masshole”
    AMRAP 10:
    5 Power Cleans (95, 65)
    7 Thrusters (95, 65)
    9 KBS (53, 35)

Finished 5+5 Rx. The Thrusters kicked my ass, but I loved this workout. I want to do it again in a few weeks and see if I improve!

Tuesday: CrossFit

Rest 2:00
    Run 300 meters
    15 Burpees
    Rest :90
    Run 200 meters
    21 Burpees

Finished in 17:26 Rx. My runs were more like jogs. Ha! My legs just weren’t having it.

Wednesday: Yoga on the rooftop of The Colonnade Hotel + 5K run (29:09)

Thursday: Off

Friday: CrossFit

WOD
    “3A Chippah”
    For time:
    25 Dead Lifts (135, 95)
    25 Box Jumps (24, 20)
    25 T2B
    25 Calorie Row
    25 Pull-ups
    25 Box Jumps
    25 Dead Lifts (135, 95)

This was my first WOD doing 20-inch box jumps since giving birth. My “Bambi legs” are getting better! I used 95 pounds for the deadlifts and did all of the pull-ups unassisted. My T2B need some work, so I ended up scaling them after about 7-8 reps to strict knee raises. I finished this WOD in 11:39.

Saturday: 5K run (27:25)

Megan @ Skinny Fitalicious August 2, 2014 at 8:51 pm

Rocking workouts lady! I know the Bambi leg feeling. Injury does that to you too and I’m struggling hard to get my strength back.

rosey August 2, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Way to go girl!

Emily H. August 2, 2014 at 10:35 pm

I am loving all the work out posts!! :) Keep them coming!! Way to go on getting back into the swing of things post-baby! :)

Charlotte August 2, 2014 at 11:24 pm

I love that you remained so active during your pregnancy and when you were able after baby’s birth. I’m not a mom, but I remember back in the day (the 80’s) my sisters were starting their families. They were more or less told to sit back, eat for two and rest ALL the time. They all gained too much weight and had tough labours. Now, I’m seeing pregnant ladies and new moms who look great. They are eating well and working out. There is a lady at my gym who is due in Oct. She rides the stationary bike, does Yoga and lifts light weights. It’s great that pregnant ladies are taking charge of their health these days for themselves and baby. Great job!

Jen August 3, 2014 at 8:14 am

Awesome WOD’s. Love the names.

Holly August 3, 2014 at 10:36 am

Those are some impressive workouts! I just started CrossFit and am half way through the fundamentals course. You inspired me to try it and I’m sensing a very quick addiction! :-) It’s fun to see your workouts and impressive how much you can do so soon after baby Q! Nice work!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse August 3, 2014 at 10:40 am

You are seriously such an inspiration to a new mom like me! :) Way to go!!

Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out August 3, 2014 at 8:04 pm

You’re doing a great job with your workouts!

Emily @ Fit as a Mother... August 3, 2014 at 8:14 pm

Wow – you are really back at it! Good for you!

Katherine Baker August 3, 2014 at 10:40 pm

you’re fitter than most people that have never had children! let alone one in the last few months!

Ashley August 4, 2014 at 12:27 pm

You’re still killin it Mama :)