• What I’m Making This Week

July 6, 2014

Hi, friends! Happy July 4th weekend!

Just wanted to share what I have planned on the meal plan front! I actually bought too much food last week, so a couple of these meals are repeats or variations of what I had planned. The others are just ones that Mal and I really love, so they are go-to meals and snacks for us!

Roasted chicken with bell peppers, onions, and brown rice

Tuna, Chickpea and Red Pepper Salad

This Tuna, Chickpea and Red Pepper Salad is a flavorful and healthy meal for your kids.

Kale, broccoli, and feta sauté with chicken sausage

Kale, Broccoli, and Feta Sauté

Veggie Ham Egg and Cheese Bake

Sweet Potato Wedges

Honey-Roasted Carrots

Paleo “Granola”

What’s on your menu this week?

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 6, 2014 at 7:30 am

One of my good friends is having a baby soon (in fact, she was in “pre-labor” yesterday and I’m hoping to hear at some point that a baby IS here!) but was thinking I’d like to bring her and her husband dinner one night. As a 12 year vegetarian I do NOT trust myself to make them anything with meat, any suggestions? :)

Megan @ The Skinny-Life July 6, 2014 at 8:00 am

Shrimp with bell peppers & brown rice. Lavosh artichoke pizza. Greek chia parfait almond banana bread muffins and lots of leftover watermelon.

Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out July 6, 2014 at 8:46 am

Sounds like an awesome prep! Sweet potatoes and chopping veggies are always on my list! Plus cooking up some bacon to have for the week!

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse July 6, 2014 at 9:34 am

I’m going to be making a homemade chicken chili this week that is super good! I am also going to be making a spicy beef dish that goes over rice. Both are some of my favs :) Your recipes look yummy!

Katie @ Live Half Full July 6, 2014 at 9:46 am

Here’s my plan for the week! When it starts with fajita night it’s going to be a good week! http://www.livehalffullblog.com/2014/07/06/meal-plan-76-713/

Michele @ paleorunningmomma July 6, 2014 at 10:08 am

Ok now I need to start meal planning a little for this week! Spaghetti squash topped with chorizo chili tonight, not sure what’s happening the rest of the week :) Recipes look great!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 6, 2014 at 10:16 am

I’m definitely bookmarking a few of these recipes!!! I don’t have much of the week eats planned, but I definitely am making this kale-mushroom-cranberry saute from one of Giada’s cookbooks. It’s one of my favorite side dishes to make!

Bezzymates July 6, 2014 at 1:42 pm

I’ve got to try that cheese bake. Yum!

Alex @ Kenzie Life July 6, 2014 at 2:04 pm

On my menu this week is the tempeh recipe from the Oh She Glows cookbook, salads with the Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar from TJs, pineapple teriyaki tofu with sesame seeds, and a few raw recipes from Gena Hamshaw’s Choosing Raw cookbook :) It’s been really hot in Colorado the last few days so I’m trying to incorporate more raw food into my diet.

Stephanie July 6, 2014 at 2:47 pm

After a weekend of camping and indulgences we are having bourbon glazed salmon with baby kale and brown rice, chicken burrito bowls, chicken piccata with salad, beef gyro burgers, and stuffed peppers with salad!

Wendy, A Day in the Life on the Farm July 6, 2014 at 2:47 pm

I find it really does help to track your food and to have a weekly menu. You can find mine at http://adayinthelifeonthefarm.blogspot.com/2014/07/super-saturday-and-weekly-menu.html

Jackie July 6, 2014 at 3:23 pm

Lots of salad and fresh veggies!

Luv What You Do July 6, 2014 at 5:13 pm

We are having chicken and rice bowls with my favorite 2 ingredient crockpot chicken tonight and now I have to go figure out the rest of the week!

Nicole July 6, 2014 at 7:31 pm

I spent some time in the kitchen today – made chicken burgers that are loaded with vegetables, a Spanish tortilla (egg, vegetables, tuna) and oat bran/banana/blueberry bread.

Mary Jo July 6, 2014 at 8:41 pm

Grilled some extra chicken breasts today so there’s some chicken salad in my near future! :)

Nicole July 6, 2014 at 8:49 pm

That veggie/egg bake looks amazing! I’m for sure having spaghetti squash, cauliflower pizzas and hopefully some quinoa mac and cheese :)

Tina July 6, 2014 at 8:56 pm

Yum!

Laura @ She Eats Well July 6, 2014 at 9:12 pm

I’m heading to Southern California for a 2-week colonic certification training (a little weird, but cool in my book)! During the training we’re in “cleansing mode” which means we’ll be eating lots and lots of plants. I can’t wait!

Kim Henrichs July 6, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Hoping to grill some corn and do a corn/avocado/black bean salad!

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner July 7, 2014 at 8:53 am

Gosh, I made a whole list of meals last night, and I can’t even remember everything I wrote down. I know shrimp taco salads with avocado crema, gnocchi & kale soup, and chicken curry were on the menu…

Christine July 7, 2014 at 9:21 am

This week I am making:
    Teriyaki chicken stir fry
    Kielbasa and veggie pasta bake (zucchini, white beans, tomatoes)
    Stuffed chicken breasts with veggie rice
    Buffalo shrimp
    Crab cakes w/ sweet potato tots and corn on the cob

Tina July 7, 2014 at 9:25 am

Yummmm!

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake July 7, 2014 at 11:20 am

Lots more veggies and fresh fruit on the menu this week! About to head to costco to pick up some more stuff to have!