• “Dirty Diana” Workout

July 28, 2014

My CrossFit box did “Dirty Diana” a few weeks ago, and I saved it as a “must do” workout for at home. I finally had a chance to do it this past weekend, and it was definitely a lung-smoker!

SAMSUNG CSC

For this workout, you only need a kettlebell, timer, and some space to run (outside or on a treadmill). I also used a yoga mat, but only because I didn’t want to scrape up my knees on the driveway. You could easily do Burpees on a softer surface, like on the grass.

Dirty Diana workout

I actually ended up doing Russian Swings instead of regular kettlebell swings because we only have a 45-pound kettlebell at our house and right now it’s just too heavy for me to use overhead, especially with the type of volume that this workout called for. (I ended up doing 150 reps in the end!)

SAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSC
    SAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSC

I finished this workout 4+41 (4 rounds + 41 reps) in 22 minutes. I was so close to finishing the 5th round, I ended up doing an extra 4 reps just to close it out.

I swear I did this workout on the most humid day of the year because I was insanely sweaty and huffing and puffing like crazy by the end. I even walked on a couple of the 400s. I also had trouble holding onto the kettlebell because my hands were so sweaty. We definitely need to invest in some chalk ASAP! All in all, a fabulous workout! Definitely give it a try!

Lindsay July 30, 2014 at 2:24 am

I can not believe how stellar you look already after Baby H, and the fact that you are sharing at-home workouts really gives me a boost! With a hubby in the military, getting to the gym (and one that has childcare around here no less) has been tough! When I have the option of at home, it makes me feel like it is ALL possible again, THANK YOU!

Allie @ Running on Peanut Butter July 30, 2014 at 12:02 pm

LOVE how amazing you are looking! Those shorts and the Nano 4s are superbly cute. Can’t even imagine this WOD. THOSE BURPEES!

Katie July 31, 2014 at 11:24 am

Thanks for sharing! I’m always looking for cross fit workouts I can do at home.

You look great by the way!

Allie July 31, 2014 at 2:22 pm

Wow! Tina you look great! Thanks for sharing this workout. I’m 4 months post partum and all of my baby weight is gone from breast feeding alone, but you’re inspiring me to get back to working out regularly. I’m not sure if you’ve posted about this before, but what is a weight to start out with using kettle bells? I don’t want to waste money on ones that are too light, but I also don’t want to buy too heavy.

Tina July 31, 2014 at 2:27 pm

It really depends on your fitness level and how much experience you’ve had with kettlebells. Do you belong to a gym where you could test out some sizes?

rarax3 August 2, 2014 at 4:08 am

I love how the CrossFit metcons that seem the easiest are actually killer. Even only 15 burpees can be tough.

Glad I found your blog (:

Warm regards,
    Jamaica

Jen McMullen August 2, 2014 at 12:01 pm

You looks fabulous! Thanks for setting a great example! And…I NEED to know the brand of those shorts!! I love them!! Perfect length!!

Tina August 2, 2014 at 12:29 pm

They’re from Reebok, and they’re my favorite pair! They’re the training shorts and come in a bunch of different colors.