• Crazy for CrossFit {Weekly Workouts}

July 20, 2014

I eased back into CrossFit with, uh, 5 workouts last week. HA! That’s more than I went before I got pregnant! I just couldn’t stay away! But, seriously, I took it easy and didn’t push myself too hard. I was never super sore, so I just kept going to classes and before I knew it, I had racked up 5 visits. Man, it’s awesome to be back. It’s even better than I remember!

weekly workouts

Sunday: Off

Monday: CrossFit

Back Squat: 3 x 10 (#55)
    Power Clean + Push Press: 3 x 2 + 1 (#65)

Ring of Fire
    For time:
    7 Power Cleans (185, 125)
    21 Ring Dips
    5 Power Cleans
    15 Ring Dips
    3 Power Cleans
    9 Ring Dips
    L3: (155, 115); banded ring dips (#1/2 for guys, #1 for ladies)
    L2: (115, 85); sub push ups for dips
    L1: (95, 65); sub knee push ups for dips

I did the workout L1 (65 pounds for the cleans + push-ups on my knees as a modification for ring dips) and finished in 3:31.

Tuesday: CrossFit

Bro Chacho
    For time:
    50 Overhead Squats (95, 65)
    150 Double Unders
    2000m Row
    L3: (75, 55)
    L2: (45, 35)
    L1 WOD:
    30 OHS (light weight)
    300 Single Unders OR 30 dub attempts
    1500m Row

I did this workout L2.5 (45 pounds for OHS) and finished in 17:25. Surprisingly, my double unders weren’t terrible!

photo (1) (800x533)

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: CrossFit (hero WOD “Michael” modified) + 60-minute yoga class

Friday: CrossFit

4 rounds (not for time):
    16 Barbell Step-Ups (I used 45 pounds)
    12 Bent-Over Barbell Rows (I used 45 pounds)

“So Fancy”
    AMRAP 10:
    30 Walking OH Lunges (45, 25) (total)
    30 Russian Swings (70, 53)

Wallball Tabata (#14)

I used 45 pounds for the Russian Swings and finished 3+10.

Saturday: CrossFit

With a partner:
    Thrusters (95, 65)
    Burpee Box Jumps (24, 20)
    L3: (85, 55)
    L2: (65, 35)
    L1: (45, 25) (20, 15), Step ups

I did this workout L2 and finished in 25 minutes with my partner.

Heidi @ Idlehide Blog July 20, 2014 at 5:42 am

Holy! You’re a machine! I took a bit to get back into exercising, but like you said, it felt so awesome to start it up again. It was surprising to me how I just picked up where I left off (except for running, I was pretty slow at first!) You look awesome btw!

Brynn July 20, 2014 at 5:48 am

I can only imagine how excited you are to be back!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More July 20, 2014 at 7:36 am

Awesome WODS! I’m marathon training so I’ve been keeping my CrossFit days to 3 (maybe 4) depending on how I’m feeling. Well last week my box had our own in-house competition which they called “The Reindeer Games – Christmas in July” and I was HOOKED and went everyday! It definitely brought out my competitive side which I’m not used to… 😉

Shel@PeachyPalate July 20, 2014 at 7:47 am

What a week of workouts!!! Awesome! Really would love to increase my upper body strength, you never cease to amaze me!

Megan @ The Skinny-Life July 20, 2014 at 8:13 am

I think of all us fitness junkies have a hard time “easing” into things. Same problem I had after my injury. When you say, you finished the in 17 minutes the WOD, is that it for the workout then?

Tina July 20, 2014 at 8:21 am

Yep, that’s the Workout of the Day (WOD). All classes are an hour though.

Megan @ The Skinny-Life July 20, 2014 at 7:50 pm

How do you spend the rest of the class?

Tina July 20, 2014 at 8:24 pm

It depends on the class. They’re all a little different. Check out this post: http://carrotsncake.com/2012/02/crossfit-q-a.html

Katherine Baker July 20, 2014 at 9:10 am

You are seriously SO FIT for just having had a child. I love how how passionate you are about exercising for the sake of improving your health and fitness level and not just for superficial reasons. Your love of fitness is so inspiring!

Rebecca July 20, 2014 at 9:15 am

I’m doing CrossFit this summer during my internship because I (finally!) live near enough to a box to make it feasible for me. I had been intrigued by it for years, but your blog inspired me to go for it and I’ve loved it so far. So much fun! Thank you for being the push I needed to get out there and try CrossFit, and I’m so glad you’re already able to get back at it!

Tina July 20, 2014 at 9:20 am

Yay! So glad to hear that!

Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out July 20, 2014 at 9:54 am

Woo sounds like an awesome week of workouts!

Emily July 20, 2014 at 11:34 am

Yay! So many workouts! It’s great that you feel great, and to take enough “me” time!

Maureen July 20, 2014 at 11:51 am

Dang! I am always so impressed by your determination & drive! Way to go “easing” back in! 😉

hillary | Nutrition Nut on the Run July 20, 2014 at 1:11 pm

so happy for you that you’re back doing one of your favorite hobbies!

Ashley @ Saving Money in your Twenties July 20, 2014 at 1:14 pm

You are so hardcore! Glad you are back to your fav workouts! :)

Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl July 20, 2014 at 1:24 pm

You’re pretty awesome sauce!

Debbie Sullivan July 20, 2014 at 4:27 pm

You are so inspiring! Very impressed with how you are managing to get back into the routine. Love your blog!

-Debbie in NH

Tina July 20, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Aww, thanks! ❤️

Charlotte July 20, 2014 at 5:48 pm

Beastmode Mama! Awesome

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse July 20, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Way to go mama! You’re an inspiration to us all!

Sammy @ Peace, Love and Ice Cream! July 20, 2014 at 8:45 pm

That’s awesome! As long as your body is cool with it then Crossfit away!! :) You’re gonna bounce back so fast!

Leslie @ Life Begins at 30? July 20, 2014 at 10:12 pm

Wow! Great job! You are kicking booty and being smart about getting back into everything. You are putting me to shame and I have never had a baby! :)

Lisa @ Exercise eat repeat July 21, 2014 at 3:48 am

you are looking really good and really getting back into the swing.

Kris July 21, 2014 at 12:37 pm

Thanks so much for posting your workouts! I love crossfit and always looking for new ideas. I’m going to do these WODs this week!!!

Danielle @ It's a Harleyyy Life July 22, 2014 at 9:43 pm