• Back At It {Postpartum Exercise}

July 7, 2014

Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Target® C9 through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Target® C9, all opinions are my own.

I’m back at it on the workout front! Well, sort of. I was really itching to start exercising again, but I don’t have an appointment with my doctor until 6 weeks postpartum, so I gave her a call last week to see if I could do something active. I feel really great and more than ready to exercise again, so I figured it couldn’t hurt to have a conversation with her. And I’m so glad that I did! She gave me the okay for power walking, yoga, and light strength training. She even said I could do some short runs this week. Yay!! I am totally pumped to be back at it!

Last week, I got my power walk on at the park and sported some new workout gear from the Target® C9 activewear collection.

SAMSUNG CSC

Check out these Women’s Run Short with Knit Waistband. Fun, right?

SAMSUNG CSC

I love shorts with funky patterns like these ones!

SAMSUNG CSCSAMSUNG CSC

In addition to the funky pattern on these shorts, I also really love how they fit. They’re low-rise with a wide waist band, which is super flattering and comfortable.

target_shorts

There’s a front drawstring on these shorts, so you don’t have to worry about them falling down when you are running, walking, or doing squats or Wallballs. The fit is comfy and roomy, but not in a bad way—like they are roomy/comfortable and move well with you, not roomy/my shorts are too big.

SAM_0833 (800x533)

The fabric is lightweight and moisture-wicking, so you stay dry when your workout heats up. Other cool features: a front inner pocket and a built-in brief.

SAMSUNG CSC

All in all, these are a great pair of shorts, especially for the money. They’re just $16.99 and come in 4 different colors. For that price, I definitely need another pair! I <3 the C9 collection. I also love that these shorts are stylish enough to wear outside of my workouts, like grocery shopping or hanging out with friends. I’ve actually been living in these shorts lately!

In addition to power walking a few times a week, I’ve also been doing mini-WODs in our driveway. I mostly do bodyweight exercises, but I’ve added in some 10-pound dumbbells and plates on occasion. I’m still taking it easy, so I’m not doing anything that is high-intensity and all of my workouts have been 20 minutes or less.

SAMSUNG CSCSAM_0958 (533x800)

Just to give you an idea, here are two of the workouts I’ve done recently:

5 rounds (not for time):

• 10 air squats
    • 10 shoulder raises #10
    • 10 dumbbell deadlifts #20

4 rounds (not for time) with 10-pound dumbbells:

• 10 thrusters
    • 10 alternating lunges
    • 10 shoulder raises
    • 10 biceps curls
    • 10 shoulder presses
    • 10 Romanian deadlifts

SAM_0963 (800x600)

And… let me tell you about the tank that I am wearing in these pics! It’s another piece from the Target® C9 activewear collection: Women’s Sporty Layered Run Tank.

SAMSUNG CSC

This workout top has a built-in sports bra, which is attached to the tank top. I LOVE this style! The fabric is lightweight and moisture-wicking and falls right below your hip.

target_tank

Once again, this top is another great piece from the Target® C9 activewear collection. I love the style and, of course, the price. I’ve seen similar tops on the market, and they cost double and even triple what this one does, so be sure to snap up ones of these from Target®!

Questions of the Day

Have you checked out the Target® C9 activewear collection at Target yet?

Where do you buy the majority of your workout clothes?

Livi @ Eat, Pray, Work It Out July 7, 2014 at 5:55 am

I love grabbing some workout clothes from Target! They have such fun items!

Liz @ Tip Top Shape July 7, 2014 at 6:45 am

I haven’t seen that collection yet, but I do love Target for workout clothes. It’s so affordable, but the clothes are still decent quality.

Ashlee July 7, 2014 at 7:03 am

First of all congrats on the quick recovery and getting back into working out so soon!! That’s amazing!

I LOVE the workout line! I have two pair of the running shorts with the compression shorts built in. These are the ONLY shorts I can wear to run in and not have inner thigh issues (you know what I mean). They still ride a little, but the compression shorts still save the skin. And I have a few of their other tanks and they’re so comfy and airy! I’d get a whole new workout wardrobe from there if my wallet allowed for such!

Brynn July 7, 2014 at 7:06 am

Wow, that is great you are feeling so good post baby! I love your shorts. I get my gear from a variety of places from Target to Lorna Jane to Lulu to Marshalls. As long as it is good quality, fits well and looks good :)

Abi@AbsofSteel July 7, 2014 at 7:13 am

I’m not a big shopper but I have a massive weakness when it comes to exercise clothing. I absolutely love the target workout clothing, I have to use copious amounts of self control to not buy a bunch of stuff whenever I go there. Marshalls has some really nice workout clothing too.

CaitlinHTP July 7, 2014 at 7:18 am

You’re such an inspiration to me Tina!!! I hope that I feel this good post-baby. It’s so nice to be able to take time for yourself to do something you love – way to go. It’s important to carve that time out.

Also – cute gear!!!

Tina July 7, 2014 at 7:32 am

❤️

Anna @ That DAMM Runner July 7, 2014 at 7:29 am

I really like GapFit clothes – they are good quality and reasonably priced. I have some sports bras from Target. I’m in need of more!

Glad to see you’re feeling great!

Becky @ Olives n Wine July 7, 2014 at 7:34 am

I love C9 gear at Target! I just got a coral tank there a few weeks ago and love it. So glad you’re feeling great and getting back into your workouts :)

Shana July 7, 2014 at 7:43 am

Almost all of my workout gear is by champion. It is by far the most comfortable, durable, and affordable work out gear out there. I’m a huge fan!

Julie @ Coastal Runner Girl July 7, 2014 at 7:43 am

Oh, love shopping for workout clothes @ Target! I buy most of my workout clothes from Target, GAP, Marshalls + Lululemon.

karen July 7, 2014 at 7:51 am

I buy my exercise clothes at TJ Maxx. Great items for very reasonable prices. Can’t beat them.

Tricia July 7, 2014 at 8:15 am

You are amazing. Seriously. You make being a mom and balancing the rest of life so easy. I find it so difficult!!! Lol I have a 7 month old and I’m pregnant again. That might have something to do with it ;-)

Julia July 7, 2014 at 8:26 am

I am so impressed! I hope I can be as active and healthy as you when I have a baby! I love those shorts! I might need to make a Target run! :-)

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun July 7, 2014 at 8:50 am

I buy my workout clothes all over but I like the sports bras from Target! Love the top and awesome job getting back into the workouts!

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner July 7, 2014 at 8:51 am

I haven’t seen their new collection, but I do get most of my workout clothes from Target. Love those new pieces you’re sporting–the shorts look super comfy!

Emily @ Fit as a Mother... July 7, 2014 at 8:53 am

I think most of my workout clothes are from Target!!

Lindsay @ Lindsay's List July 7, 2014 at 8:54 am

LOVE LOVE those shorts. how do they run (small, big?) may order online.

Tina July 7, 2014 at 9:03 am

They run pretty true to size. I ordered a small, and they fit well!

Linz @ Itz Linz July 7, 2014 at 8:54 am

i was just at target the other day and commented on how cute their workout gear is!

Paola @ Do It With Heart July 7, 2014 at 9:13 am

I actually love the C9 sports bras. They are my favorite because they have different support levels and adjustable straps. Short girls need those adjustable straps.
    Most of my workout clothes I get from Old Navy or Kohls, gotta go for the bargains!

Good job on getting back on the exercise wagon! No lack of motivation there

Shel@PeachyPalate July 7, 2014 at 9:21 am

Well done for getting back in to it!!! Best to do it as soon as you can sure, you kept going with the Crossfit so far in to the pregnancy I was amazed!!!

Laura @ She Eats Well July 7, 2014 at 9:50 am

You look amazing. I love those shorts- anything with a thick stretchy waistband is a winner in my book!

Chase July 7, 2014 at 9:52 am

Good stuff mama! I can relate to itching to get back to working out! People like you and me aren’t made for sitting still. I do buy a lot of workout clothes at Target. They’re much more affordable than other brands and even though they don’t hold up quite as well (maybe last 2 years instead of 4+), I find that as soon as I start to get tired of something, it’s about when it’s reached the end of its lifespan. And so I just go get some new stuff!

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake July 7, 2014 at 10:03 am

I love their collection of workout clothes! All very cute and comfortable!
    I usually get my workout clothes at Tjmaxx, marshalls, and taget! Sometimes Dick’s Sporting Goods!

Sally July 7, 2014 at 10:10 am

I love the C9 line! I have a tank similar to that one from the line, and I love it. Need to check out those shorts.

Good for you for being so dedicated to getting back to your workout routine – you look fantastic!!

Danielle July 7, 2014 at 10:18 am

Thanks for the great review! Just curious: Does the pocket in the shorts have a zipper?

Tina July 7, 2014 at 10:23 am

It doesn’t, but it has a fold-over piece of cloth on it that will hold a key or ID or something small like that.

Britt@MyOwnBalance July 7, 2014 at 10:55 am

I love C9 at Target! Seriously awesome stuff! You look great!

Leslie @ Life Begins @ 30? July 7, 2014 at 10:59 am

I love C9 at Target. Last weekend, they had buy one get one 50% off. I got 2 new workout tanks and 2 new sports bras. Great deals and cute styles!

Megan @ The Skinny-Life July 7, 2014 at 11:06 am

I never knee Target had activewear. I’m there all the time but not for clothes usually. I’m pretty particular about my clothes and that includes my workout gear. I recently went to a new Lorna Jane store that opened in Phoenix and love all her stuff but kinda pricey!

Jaclyn @ Bumpsweat July 7, 2014 at 11:08 am

Did you really just have a baby?! You’re a true testament to staying active during pregnancy, enabling you to be fit post-baby and ready to get back at it. So awesome!

Kristen July 7, 2014 at 11:13 am

I practically live in the Target C9 workout tanks! I layer them under a cardigan and scarf for the office then I only have to change my pants and shoes when I get to the gym. There’s just something about already wearing part of my workout outfit that makes the workout more likely to really happen.

Tehia July 7, 2014 at 12:00 pm

I just ordered $95 worth of athletic apparel from Target.com, I’m SO excited for it to get shipped!
    Also, that video looks like something I can get into. Thank you!

Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl July 7, 2014 at 12:01 pm

I buy a lot of my workout gear from Target! I love Champion sports bras and Target often has a good selection.

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse July 7, 2014 at 12:07 pm

I haven’t checked any of these items out yet, but I need to. I normally get my workout clothes from all over the place. If I find something I like, then I buy it :) I do try to find things that are affordable though.

Rachel July 7, 2014 at 12:14 pm

I have been looking for some good workout shorts, I’ll have to try those! I buy most of my workout clothes at nordstrom. I really like their zella line.

Annette@FitnessPerks July 7, 2014 at 1:50 pm

CUTE clothes! And you are rocking them, Tina! I’ve had some items from the C9 line before and liked ‘em. I haven’t shopped in awhile though, but those shorts are cute!

Michelle @ Tales of a Fit Kitty Mama July 7, 2014 at 1:58 pm

I am actually wearing a C9 tank as I read this! Most of my workout gear is C9 actually! I love that their pants are available in lengths since I’m so short! I just picked up a couple of new tanks, but I think I need to go back and check out those shorts as well!

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast July 7, 2014 at 1:58 pm

So glad you got the green light to begin exercising again! That really helped me feel more “normal” after my daughter was born. And I was trying out the same gear these last few weeks- I was excited to see the tank fit over my 36 week belly! :-)

Tina July 7, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Same here! I actually told Mal the exact same thing about feeling normal again! :)

Caitlin @ Happy 'n' Hungry July 7, 2014 at 2:01 pm

I really love Target’s activewear! I frequently purchase their items and also love finding good deals at Old Navy. :)

Laura @FitMamaLove July 7, 2014 at 3:41 pm

I haven’t checked out Target’s workout clothes yet, but these look super cute! Good for you for getting back into working out so quickly. I was dying to workout after having my baby, but didn’t think to call my doctor and ask to get clearance sooner. I really should have!

Jackie July 7, 2014 at 5:15 pm

Love the outfit!

Bezzymates July 7, 2014 at 6:48 pm

I really like Target’s active apparel.

Sara July 7, 2014 at 6:49 pm

You can also use Target’s Cartwheel App for extra savings. It usually has discounts for workout gear.

Ashley @ Saving Money in your Twenties July 7, 2014 at 10:44 pm

LOVE target’s workout clothes! I haven’t let myself peek at them lately, though… too detrimental to my budget. haha!

Adrianna July 8, 2014 at 11:06 pm

literally every sports bra I own is C9. they are the best!

Tiffany@This Is The 'After' July 9, 2014 at 11:38 am

Due to budget, I find most of my workout clothes at Old Navy and I’ve recently purchased a couple items from WalMart (they’ve really stepped their game up).

I was itching to get back to working out too after I had my son. I was ready to feel like myself again! It was the best thing for my household, lol!

Katherine Baker July 9, 2014 at 8:41 pm

i totally have that workout tank. i love C9 stuff – so cheap and good quality for the price!!