• What I’m Making This Week

June 28, 2014

Hi, friends! Happy weekend!

We’re still on a health eating kick over here, so I created a delicious and nutritious meal plan for the week. Just wanted to share what I have planned!

Turkey burgers on the grill with guacamole and roasted summer squash

Leftover lasagna with caramelized broccoli

Roasted chicken with bell peppers and onions

Tuna, Chickpea and Red Pepper Salad

This Tuna, Chickpea and Red Pepper Salad is a flavorful and healthy meal for your kids.

Fiery Jalapeno Burgers with Kale, Broccoli, and Feta Sauté

Kale, Broccoli, and Feta Sauté

Veggie Ham Egg and Cheese Bake

Sweet Potato Wedges

Honey-Roasted Carrots

Paleo “Granola”

What’s on your menu this week?

Shel@PeachyPalate June 28, 2014 at 5:42 pm

Yummy eats!!! Prosciutto cheeseburgers, shrimp tostadas, chicken pineapple chipotle meatballs, pesto chicken with prosciutto..lots of scrambled eggs, berries, sweet potato, rutabaga and kale fries…and of course ice cream!

Danica @ It's Progression June 28, 2014 at 6:30 pm

I need to try that Egg & Cheese Bake – yum!
    We’re having salsa chicken on salads for dinner tonight.

Rachel @ Blonde with a Chanse June 28, 2014 at 6:30 pm

That veggie, ham, egg, and cheese bake looks super good!

Tina June 28, 2014 at 6:33 pm

It is! I actually made it with ground sausage last week and it was so good! 😄

Megan @ The Skinny-Life June 28, 2014 at 6:37 pm

That egg bake looks really good!

Kim @ Hungry Healthy Girl June 28, 2014 at 6:48 pm

Everything on your meal plan sounds delish! I’ll be eating lots of tomatoes this week, that’s for sure. We have a tomato garden and it’s going crazy!

Nicole June 28, 2014 at 7:34 pm

We always try to plan two meat dishes, two fish and two vegetarian . So this week (aside from pizza today) its halibut and corn tomato salad from Real Simple, falafel salads with hummus, artichokes, chickpeas and falafel, veggie fajitas , chicken stir fry, chicken sausage and some type of vegetable, smoked salmon salads.

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake June 28, 2014 at 7:35 pm

Mmmmm sweet potato wedges! Love those! I have a feeling I’m going to be eating a ton of greens from our garden so smoothies, sautee’s, salads, and juicing are gonna be on the menu.
    Also, tomatoes are coming in, so lots of those!

Livi June 28, 2014 at 8:33 pm

I love egg bakes!

Steph June 28, 2014 at 9:30 pm

Looks yummy! Hopefully Q’s tummy will agree with the jalepeno burgers!

Karen Loves to Run (@karenlovestorun) June 29, 2014 at 5:21 am

I am definitely going to make this egg bake while I am off this week! YUM!
    Karen @karenlovestorun

Brynn June 29, 2014 at 7:51 am

This week is all about cleaning out the fridge before a week away for the holiday!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More June 29, 2014 at 8:18 am

Parsnip fries and salmon! :)

Amy June 29, 2014 at 8:45 am

I am craving fish tacos, so that will have to be on the list for me this week!

Samantha @ The Faithful Runner June 29, 2014 at 9:22 am

I’m loving the broccoli! The thing I’m most excited to make this week is Paleo Salisbury Steaks with Mushroom Sauce.

Annie Atherton June 29, 2014 at 10:11 am

The broccoli looks yummy, but I can’t seem to get the recipe w/o tons of pop-ups and signing up… is there maybe another link that goes directly to the recipe?

Tina June 29, 2014 at 10:50 am

Hmm… I’m not sure. I’m using a hardcopy from the magazine. Sorry! Maybe try creating an account?

Sharon June 29, 2014 at 11:00 am

Thanks for the tutorial on the wedges… I can’t wait to try. I am not sure if you saw this …but your protein snack ideas are on People.com this morning. Awesome!!!

Tina June 29, 2014 at 11:58 am

That’s so cool! Thanks for sharing the link! :)

Brittney @ Sweets 'N' Greens June 29, 2014 at 12:41 pm

I was juuust looking at that egg ham and cheese bake on SkinnyTaste this morning! Great minds? :)

Alex @ Kenzie Life June 29, 2014 at 2:23 pm

I’m making some BBQ tofu this week with lots of kale chips and baked potatoes :) I’ve been craving a baked potato for a while! The broccoli and kale recipes you’re planning on making look really good!

Megan June 29, 2014 at 5:54 pm

I love Skinny Taste! Have you ever made Gina’s Chicken Enchiladas? They are amazing. I’ll have to try the veggie bake.

Tina June 29, 2014 at 6:03 pm

I’ve heard those are awesome! I really need to make them soon!

Jennifer June 29, 2014 at 6:47 pm

Today is prep day. Prepped a veggie Mexican lasagna to pop in the oven tomorrow night. Tonight we’re having veggie and ground turkey enchiladas (whole wheat wraps) with Gina’s, The Fitnessista, homemade enchilada sauce! Cut fruit and grapes prepped in containers for the week. Tomorrow’s lunch will be tuna, spinach, and yellow pepper salad with homemade Asian dressing. I love your ideas for the chickpea salad and egg bake! Hope you have a great week.

Jessica @ Sweat Is My Sanity June 29, 2014 at 7:47 pm

I’m a fan of all things egg…or technically egg whites. Love making quiche or egg sandwiches…any time of day.

Emily @ Fit as a Mother... June 29, 2014 at 7:47 pm

I’m impressed that you put together a meal plan for the week with your hands full with a newborn!!

Katie June 29, 2014 at 9:33 pm

Lots of veggie-filled salads with veggie burgers, beans, salmon, etc. With the warmer weather I have been craving cooler foods and not wanting to turn on the oven so salads have been sounding really good!!

christine June 29, 2014 at 10:45 pm

Now that I’m week into my second trimester, I’m back into meal planning! Hubby made chicken enchiladas for dinner tonight!

Mon-artichoke and spinach pasta
    Tues- italian meat calzones
    Wed-dinner with family
    Thur-summer veggie rice bake
    Fri – steak with sweet potato fries!

christine June 29, 2014 at 10:46 pm

@christine: *well into

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner June 30, 2014 at 8:40 am

I’m trying not to turn the oven on until we get our air conditioner installed, so this week’s eats include stove made meals: salmon burgers with lemon dill couscous salad, veggie stir fry with rice, one pot pasta, and veggie omelets with toast! That caramelized broccoli does look amazing, though.