• Third Trimester Recap: 39 Weeks

June 3, 2014

Ready to pop at 39 weeks!

My appetite has been pretty normal lately, and I’m actually craving healthy foods again!

Just the same ones I’ve had all throughout my pregnancy. No new ones.

Frequent urination: I’m still a peeing machine and wake up multiple times every night to go.

Morning sickness: It’s still lingering a little, especially at night, but it’s almost gone!

Indigestion: Hardly any!

Sleep: Surprisingly, I slept well last week. I woke up every couple of hours to roll from one side to the other or take a trip to the bathroom, but I always fell right back to sleep.

Clear skin: Still looking great!

Colitis stuff: Blah. F-ing colitis. Things got so much worse, so my doctor switched me to a new drug (Cortaform) last week, which did absolutely nothing. If anything, I got a lot worse… more blood, more cramping, more trips to the bathroom. Ugh, it’s not fun. I talked to my doc again yesterday, and he put me on steroids (Prednisone) to get things under control. I’m not pumped about it, but he assured me they won’t harm Baby H. and if anything, they may even help with his lung develop in the final days. I hope that’s really true, and I get better ASAP. I can’t imagine being in labor and flaring at the same time.

Signs of labor: Nada.

Weight gain: At my 39-week appointment last week, I had gained 36 pounds (down 2 pounds from the previous week).

I took a long walk (60+ minutes) with Murphy almost every day last week.

Not much to report. Last week was relatively low-key for me. Just waiting for Baby H., relaxing as much as possible, and trying to get better on the UC front.

photo (14)

Mal and Murphy prepared a little for Baby H.’s arrival… reading Show Dad How: The Brand-New Dad’s Guide to Baby’s First Year

photo (10)

And testing out the car seat. Murphy is all about safety!

photo 2 (480x640)

Duffy June 3, 2014 at 7:11 am

Cute top! Where’s it from?

My baby was over a week overdue. But then labor was really quick, so I felt lucky! Just hang in there, try to keep yourself occupied. I have 80,000 ways to do that, if you ever need some helpful, non-baby related tips.

Tina June 3, 2014 at 7:27 am

Thanks! It’s from New Balance.

Lauren June 3, 2014 at 7:11 am

Girl, I’m so sorry to hear about that the flare is getting worse. I definitely can relate. :( I just met with MFM yesterday and they are now putting me back on a regular medicine routine with the prednisone to keep things under control. She assured me that the risks of continually flaring outweighs the risks of being on the medicine so keep hanging on girl. I know it’s so tough but it does get better. Thinking of you!!!

Annie Atherton June 3, 2014 at 7:28 am

Sorry about your UC! I wonder how the changing hormones in your body have effected the changes in your symptoms. I wonder after Hippity arrives (ANY DAY NOW!), if hormone therapy is something that helps with UC. Hmm, I’m not a doc, so I don’t know what it was that made your body calm down for the past months, but maybe it can be recreated after birth. Good Luck and happy thoughts for a healthy/easy/quick labor and delivery!

Samantha @ The Faithful Runner June 3, 2014 at 7:53 am

So excited for you! I can’t believe the time is already here!

Michele @ paleorunningmomma June 3, 2014 at 8:03 am

Sorry to hear your colitis is bad :( so frustrating…hopefully after the birth things will be more manageable? my digestion was a wreck during my pregnancies but eased up a bit after giving birth. Good luck :)

Brynn June 3, 2014 at 8:04 am

Murphy in the car seat is priceless! You look amazing. So glad to hear this week has been good for you with rest.

Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} June 3, 2014 at 8:04 am

That last picture of Murphy is so funny!! I am so sorry to hear about the UC, hopefully once the baby is here it will all clear up.

Katie@LifesNextBigStep June 3, 2014 at 8:19 am

It will be over so, so soon! Thinking of you – keep resting and Baby H will be here before you know it :)

Kim @ FITsique June 3, 2014 at 8:28 am

Ugh, sorry your UC is flaring up. The good thing is the doc is right, we do give steroids to help with lung maturity, but baby has been in there for 40 weeks, he’s ready to see the world :) Hang tight and hopefully things clear up when Baby H does make an entrance into the world!

christina June 3, 2014 at 8:43 am

I really hope you’ll share the birth story!! I’m so excited for you :) Sorry about the UC problems :( That sounds terrible…I hope the steroids kick in fast so you don’t have to worry.

Livi June 3, 2014 at 8:49 am

Haha murphy is going to be so jealous when there’s a baby to share his attention with!

Emily @ Fit as a Mother... June 3, 2014 at 8:58 am

Enjoy these last few days. Life will never be the same (in a good way of course!).

Nikki June 3, 2014 at 9:03 am

What’s your game plan now that you are past your due date? What’s the maximum waiting period before you are induced?

Jaclyn @ BumpSweat June 3, 2014 at 9:04 am

Murphy’s going to be such a good big brother! I can’t wait to see pics of Baby H & Murphy hanging out and getting into mischief together :)

Jackie June 3, 2014 at 9:13 am

Can’t wait for you to have the baby!

Erin June 3, 2014 at 9:24 am

We just received that same carseat as a gift!

You look absolutely wonderful. I hope at 39 weeks I look that good! Hang in there, mama, it shouldn’t be too much longer.

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats June 3, 2014 at 9:28 am

AHHHH so close!!!! And I hope your colitis gets better, I’m sure that sucks normally but at 39 weeks I can’t even imagine!

Shel@PeachyPalate June 3, 2014 at 9:31 am

So close!!! You suffering with much water retention/swelling?

Holly @ EatGreatBEGreat June 3, 2014 at 9:37 am

I’m finally craving healthy foods again too! In the first trimester I couldn’t even think about having fruit, veggies or anything remotely healthy. Bagels and bread was all I wanted. Pretty weird how that happens, huh?

Kelsey @ Ramblings of Change June 3, 2014 at 9:46 am

Can’t wait until the little man is here!

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance June 3, 2014 at 10:05 am

Yay! Hope we get to meet your little man soon. Hope your UC stuff clears up and you feel better!

Megan @ The Skinny-Life June 3, 2014 at 10:08 am

Getting excited for you! I’m sure you can’t wait to meet your little man!

Kristen June 3, 2014 at 10:09 am

When it was looking like my daughter was going to be born really premature I was given a steroid injection to help her lungs develop more quickly. Fortunately we were able to keep her “in the oven” so to speak for a few more months but I know there weren’t any concerns from the docs re: the steroid injection.

Now I have a happy, healthy almost-eight year old:-)

Heather J. June 3, 2014 at 10:25 am

UC does not sound like fun at all :( Hope Baby H doesn’t make you wait too much longer!!

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 3, 2014 at 10:40 am

So sorry to hear your colitis crap (pun intended – hopefully it gave you a smile ;)) is bothering you! No fun, no fun at all. Hang in there! Baby H will be here in no time, and there are so many people that are thrilled to meet him!

Annette@FitnessPerks June 3, 2014 at 10:55 am

Ahhhh you’re so close!!! Hope the flares stay away as you prep for baby H! :)

Jess June 3, 2014 at 11:45 am

UGH – I’m sorry to hear about your flare Tina. F colitis is right! My sister has UC and is pregnant. She too is on drugs to help but I can’t help but feel for her and all she (and you) are going through with your flares. Best of luck to you, Mal, Murphy and Baby H (not necessarily in that order LOL!)

Alex @ Kenzie Life June 3, 2014 at 11:48 am

Oh I’m so sorry to hear about the colitis. That has to be pretty miserable when you’re about to give birth! I’ll be hoping that it gets better and doesn’t flare up anymore, especially during labor! xx

Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit June 3, 2014 at 12:28 pm

Woohoo! Can you see the light yet?! You’re so close! I can’t wait to see Baby H! Curious what your post-pregnancy blog schedule will be…!

Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork June 3, 2014 at 12:50 pm

So sorry about the colitis stuff! :-( Sending healing thoughts your way. Hope the prednisone helps and hang in there!

Jennifer June 3, 2014 at 1:21 pm

I’m so sorry to hear that your flare is getting worse. I hope your doctor can get it in check before labor too. UC is just miserable, add that to pregnancy and labor and my heart is breaking for you. :(

joelle @ on a pink typewriter June 3, 2014 at 1:40 pm

You look great! Sending good vibes your way!!

Sara E. June 3, 2014 at 2:25 pm

The steroids will for sure help! My boyfriend’s sister had her baby almost two weeks ago now at 31 weeks and 5 days. They gave her two doses of steroids before her C-section to help with lung development and I’m so very happy to report that baby Sadie is doing AWESOME! Out of the NICU soon, gaining weight every day, hollering her little lungs out when she’s mad, and being cute as can be. Cannot wait to see pictures of your new addition once he’s here and I assume his first outfit will be pug related!

Alisha Parmerlee June 3, 2014 at 7:42 pm

I am 15 weeks behind you and hating pregnancy, I swear the more I workout the more weight I gain! It’s so depressing! You’ve looked so happy this entire time, how do you do it?!!

Tina June 3, 2014 at 7:50 pm

It’s because I was happy! 😄 You’re suppose to gain weight during pregnancy, so I just trusted that my body would do what it needed to do to make a healthy baby. Maybe talk to a professional about how you’re feeling?