• Food Diary {Tuesday}

June 25, 2014

Hello, hello! I’m glad you guys are digging my food recaps. They’re a win-win for both of us, so I’ll probably make it a regular feature with a few recaps each week. That said, here’s my food diary from yesterday!

BREAKFAST

365 gluten-free toast with almond butter, graham crackers (random craving), fruit salad, and iced coffee with almond milk

SAMSUNG CSC

LUNCH

Veggie Sausage Egg and Cheese Bake with lightened-up Caesar salad (salad dressing = Caesar + mustard)

SAM_0662 (800x533)

SNACK

Fage plain Greek yogurt with fruit salad + Mango Almond Bites from NatureBox

SAMSUNG CSC

DINNER

Half of a roasted sweet potato with Creamy Swiss from The Laughing Cow, chopped steamed spinach, and bacon

SAM_0686 (800x533)

DESSERT

Justin’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups from the fridge – so delicious – and I killed the rest of the butter toffee almonds!

SAM_0659 (800x533)

What’d you eat for dinner last night?

Eileen June 25, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Dinner for me is at 8am when I get out of work (yay night shifters!). I ran by Whole foods and got a breakfast burrito from their hot bar and a carton of raspberries!

Teresa @ www.fitinwoodbine.com June 25, 2014 at 4:50 pm

I just noticed today that Starbucks is now carrying Justin’s peanut butter cups!! Dinner last night was a shrimp salad from the Nordstrom Cafe:)

Becky @ Olives n Wine June 25, 2014 at 4:59 pm

My husband went out with the guys to the Cubs’ game, so I picked up a chopped salad at the gym after my workout. Super easy and it kept me from eating chips and salsa for dinner ;)

Shel@PeachyPalate June 25, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Egg salad lettuce cups…another random craving!!! Homemade mayo, gherkins..divine!!!

Anna @ That DAMM Runner June 25, 2014 at 5:04 pm

Run Eat Repeat just featured sweet potato tots AND asked about dinner, tonight not last night! I basically get to repeat my comment, haha. I definitely want to have a sweet potato tonight, so I’l make it happen. Last night I made myself a spinach salad with chicken and roasted broccoli. Not the most creative but I’ll take it!

Marisa @ Uproot from Oregon June 25, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Dinner for me last night was spaghetti squash, frozen green beans and frozen peas, mixed with chicken and tomato sauce! Easy and delicious.

Ashley @ Saving Money in your Twenties June 25, 2014 at 5:18 pm

We had burritos for dinner last night- lots of roasted veggies + chicken, beans, corn, salsa, and greek yogurt. SO GOOD. Your sweet potato sounds amazing… bacon on top?! YUM.

Kyndal June 25, 2014 at 5:27 pm

I’m at home in Cincinnati for the week and got to go to my favorite restaurant, Nada! I had a pork belly taco and mac ‘n’ cheese, and I’m still salivating in how amazing it was.

Tina June 25, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Yummmmm!

Julie @ Coastal Runner Girl June 25, 2014 at 5:56 pm

I wasn’t in the mood to cook last night so I prepared a yogurt bowl with greek yogurt, chia seeds, granola, peanut butter and strawberries! :)

Ashley @ My Food N Fitness Diaries June 25, 2014 at 6:01 pm

Those Justin’s PB Cups are my FAV! So good. I always get sad when I finish a package. Ha!

Last night’s dinner was fajita burritos – if that’s a thing? I made chicken, peppers, and onions fajita-style, added some rice and beans, and piled it all into a tortilla. Delicious!

Samantha @ The Faithful Runner June 25, 2014 at 6:04 pm

I am LOVING Justin’s dark chocolate peanut butter cups!!! I had chicken basil meatloaf from PaleOMG last night. Yum!

Ellen Renee June 25, 2014 at 6:15 pm

Asian tuna cakes with spicy lime mayo sauce with a side of steamed sugar snap peas.

Jenn @ Happy Hour Miles June 25, 2014 at 6:21 pm

I ate sushi last night!

Ashley June 25, 2014 at 6:47 pm

I love the Justin’s peanut butter cups and especially cold!

Ashley

Anna June 25, 2014 at 7:01 pm

I was starving when I got home from the gym late last night so I ended up having scrambled eggs with spinach on toast with a bit of avocado on the side. Simple but delicious.

Can I ask about the gluten free bread? Does it help with your UC symptoms? Have you ever cut out gluten entirely? I’ve recently started a gluten free diet to deal with IBS and have noticed a big difference (so far it’s the only thing I’ve tried that has worked). I ate normal bread last weekend as a ‘test’ and I’ve been suffering all week.

Loving the food posts, by the way! Old school CNC :)

Michele @ paleorunningmomma June 25, 2014 at 7:05 pm

I had my own paleo version of a taco salad last night with plantain chips, tonight just had grilled italian sausages, greens, and parsnip fries.

Livi June 25, 2014 at 7:11 pm

That fruit salad looks delicious!

Megan @ The Skinny-Life June 25, 2014 at 7:32 pm

I had butternut squash salad with orange maple dressing.

Jen June 25, 2014 at 7:40 pm

Pizza…with a side of beer.

Tina June 25, 2014 at 8:06 pm

Mmm!

Patricia June 25, 2014 at 11:45 pm

@Jen: that’s going to be my Friday dinner! :-)

chelsey @ clean eating chelsey June 25, 2014 at 8:36 pm

Are you drinking decaf iced coffee or regular? Just wondering – I always found caffeine bothered my girls for the first few months, but after that I could down 24 oz no problem (and often did/do). Consider yourself lucky if Q can handle the caffeine! :)

Tina June 25, 2014 at 8:44 pm

I’ve been drinking decaf for years now (UC, pregnancy, breastfeeding). I don’t even know what my body would do if I had caffeine! Probably spazz out!? Haha!

Ashlee @ The Blue Eyed Perspective June 25, 2014 at 8:54 pm

A super duper lazy but tasty smoothie! Including cake batter flavored protein, spinach, kale, almond butter, and almond milk

Tina June 25, 2014 at 8:57 pm

Yum!!

Emily @ Fit as a Mother... June 25, 2014 at 8:54 pm

Last night’s dinner was black bean and refried bean tacos on sprouted corn tortillas. Yum!

christine June 25, 2014 at 9:17 pm

I made a stuffed portobello mushroom. Hubby is traveling which means I can cook things he doesn’t like :-)

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake June 25, 2014 at 10:50 pm

Oh my gah, those Justin’s peanutbutter cups are the bomb dot com. I <3 them

For dinner last night, I ate veggies from my garden and made lean curry burgers for protein. Super delish!

Amanda June 25, 2014 at 11:03 pm

Waffles and turkey sausage. I am breastfeeding too and have found my hunger is out of control ( I probably eat twice as much a what is shown above ). I’m just going with my hunger cues. I was anxious to get on the healthy plan and lose baby weight right away but continued to eat as if I were pregnant…healthy with treats too. Weight was gone by 6-8wks. Be easy on yourself and enjoy that little precious little baby. I enjoy your food recaps for healthy ideas-thanks.

Anne June 25, 2014 at 11:08 pm

Your iced coffees always look so creamy and delicious! What do you add to them to keep them from turning into the sugar-bomb that they are at almost every coffee place?

Tina June 26, 2014 at 4:13 am

I just add almond milk! 😄

Patricia June 25, 2014 at 11:49 pm

I had grilled chicken, lightly marinated in barbeque sauce, and a steamed potato with real butter. :-)

Kaitlyn June 26, 2014 at 6:16 am

Oooooh that sweet potato is to die for! Bacon elevates any dish :D

Jenn@ Mark My Miles! June 26, 2014 at 6:17 am

My dinner last night was a quick Subway sub and sun chips (heading into my night shift). And of course trail mix with chocolate chips to snack on throughout the night!

Jackie June 26, 2014 at 6:41 am

Wow these look great you’re doing awesome!

Kari @ mohawkvalleymama June 26, 2014 at 7:52 am

Where are those Graham crackers from? They look different (and super yummy!)

Tricia June 26, 2014 at 8:19 am

I’m 8 weeks preggo and saw nauseous. My husband made fried chicken, pierogies, and broccoli for dinner. Thank god for him.

Lily June 26, 2014 at 8:45 am

Hi Tina,

I am a long time reader, and I am growing increasingly frustrated with the fact that you haven’t shared your birth story, and are barely acknowledging this omission. I find it pretty disrespectful to your readership considering that you are keeping up with all of your sponsorship duties.
    You deliberately chose to engage your readers with your pregnancy all along however you don’t feel any obligation to let us know about the birth? It would be like if training for a race was a focal point of your blog for months and then you didn’t tell us how the race went…it is really leaving a bad taste in my mouth.

Kimberly June 26, 2014 at 9:13 am

@Lily:

I can only imagine that you have never given birth to a child before, as that would be the only reason I could possibly find any justification for your ignorance. Comparing a recap of a race to the birth of a child are not even close to being similar situations. There may be many reasons why she has yet to recap her birth story and the fact that you as a reader think you “deserve” to know about it is a bit ridiculous. Not to cause drama on here, but as a new mom myself, I found your comment to be rude and unwarranted.

Jessica June 26, 2014 at 9:46 am

@Lily: The first few weeks of a new baby are crazy and I think its completely understandable that her blog/sponsorship duties will come first before an optional type blog post. Its kind of odd that you are So Upset about this…

Catalina @ Baby on Board June 26, 2014 at 10:36 am

@Lily: OMG you are so lucky that this is a public “space” and I respect Tina a lot, but I would tell you so many things! By no means I am attacking you, but who do you think you are to DESERVE someone to tell you THIER birth story! Many people blog about their wedding, wedding day too, do you think that should fill you on the details about their FIRTST wedding night too?!!! Ugh so ignorant. Its her decision, maybe she didn’t have time, but maybe she wants to keep it personal, and I have news to you, as a reader you are not entitled to hear her birth story and how he pushed a baby thru her vagina. The baby is healthy, the pug is happy, the parents are doing well and she keeps blogging so we should just keep this place happy and appreciate her taking the time from baby Q and blogging!

nickee June 26, 2014 at 1:44 pm

@Lily: Wow ok! The fact that she’s even blogging regularly after just having given birth is a big deal! And even if she chooses not to share her birth story (or shares it much later)…. so what? It’s her personal experience and she can relay it when she feels like it.

Aotearovian June 26, 2014 at 7:47 pm

@Lily: How astonishing that you think you’re entitled to a “birth story”.

Lisa at www.fromteachingtotennisshoes.com June 26, 2014 at 9:40 am

Ahh I just saw those Justin’s pb cups in my grocery store a few days ago for the first time and had to resist them. Glad to hear they’re good… I probably won’t be able to resist next time!
    For dinner last night I had an open faced egg, spinach, tomato and goat cheese sandwich with some veggies and apple slices. So good!

Kathy June 26, 2014 at 10:16 am

Last nights dinner consisted of Chicken Sausage, green beans, and sweet potato tots. Totally random but oh so delicious!

Amelia June 26, 2014 at 1:30 pm

Always love your food recaps! They have provided inspiration many times over the years.

I got home late so I grabbed some leftovers from a Kashi frozen dinner. I don’t usually go for a frozen meal/TV dinner but it was there and fast. Was not a huge fan – yours looks so much better! :)

nickee June 26, 2014 at 1:45 pm

I’m so excited you’re doing food recaps again! :)

Jess June 26, 2014 at 3:17 pm

What an awesome dinner idea! I made a chickpea-flour pancake last night, which I topped with hummus, roasted veggies, and avocado.

Paloma June 26, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Hello guys,
    I had an open face turkey burger with lettuce instead of bread. It was so yummy! But, I wanted to say that I really didnt like Justin’s peanut butter. Do you guys like it. I still think Reese’s is better :)

Hilary June 29, 2014 at 8:58 am

That sweet potato idea sounds delicious! I can’t wait to try it!