• Baby Waiting Game

June 5, 2014

IMG_3451

Hi, guys! Not much to report on the baby front. We’re still waiting. No (obvious) signs of labor, but my lower back is kind of achy today, which is a new development. My friend Jen told me she had back pain the day before she went into labor, so maybe we’re getting close to something happening?

waiting for Baby H. (675x900)

I had the worst time sleeping last night. Being 40+ weeks pregnant and hyped-up on steroids, I didn’t fall asleep until almost 1:00 AM and then woke up at 5:30 AM this morning. Blah. Not fun, but, thankfully, my sleep has been pretty good up until now, so I’m not too tired today, but I did wake up really hungry!

Breakfast

I had plans with a friend to go out for breakfast at Uncle Charlie’s later in the morning, but my stomach was already grumbling, so I ate a couple of mugs full of Cheerios Protein that General Mills recently sent me to try out. The Oats & Honey flavor is delicious with chunks of granola clusters mixed in. Mmm!

A few hours later, I headed to Uncle Charlie’s for breakfast #2.

I had a serious craving for blueberry pancakes all week long, so I made sure to order one.

I also ordered a side of scrambled eggs, so I wouldn’t be starving just a couple of hours later.

On the drive home from Uncle Charlie’s, I stopped by Starbucks for a decaf iced caramel macchiato, which was a little too sweet for my liking, so I watered it down with almond milk when I got home. It ended up tasting pretty darn good then!

Lunch

I worked for a few hours and then took a break to eat a quick lunch: Dr. Praeger’s black bean burger with Light White Cheddar from The Laughing Cow on a toasted whole wheat bun with lettuce, tomato, and a pickle on the side.

photo (2) (640x640)

After lunch, I did a little more work and then spent the rest of the afternoon hanging out with my favorite weirdos.

Murph_N_Mal_

It’s been pouring rain all afternoon, so we’re just chilling and playing the baby waiting game. Come on, Hippity!

What food have you been craving lately?

Shel@PeachyPalate June 5, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Beef! I swear I’ll turn in to a cow if I eat another burger this week! I made a load of them to do me for the week and they lasted two days! Serious meat cravings. Ice cream is up there to this week! Sending some positive baby moving energy!! :) Any hour now!

Sarah June 5, 2014 at 4:29 pm

I’m with you on the waiting (same due date)…my lower back has been getting achy on and off, too. This anticipation is tougher than I thought! At this point, I feel like I’ve relaxed, done the “last” things (dinners out, movies, etc.), and I know it’s going to happen, so I would rather it just HAPPEN! Good luck!

Tina June 5, 2014 at 4:37 pm

You too! 🍀

Brynn June 5, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Watermelon and grapes, I cannot get enough! And the picture of you and Murphy is too cute. Sending you lots of luck and well wishes!

sally @ sweat out the small stuff June 5, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Ice cream! Actually just cold and creamy anything…frozen yogurt, soft serve, a pint of ben n jerry….i don’t care. LOL!

I hate when I order something online and it’s late being delivered to my home. Can’t even imagine being 40+ weeks and waiting for my baby to arrive. You must be going crazy!

Sorry about the whole steriods/flaring stuff. :(

Erin June 5, 2014 at 4:45 pm

I slept so crappy the night before I had both my daughters! I hope that means Hippety is coming soon!

jen June 5, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Chocolate and cold pressed coffee.

My OB once told me “No one ever stays pregnant” (because I am not a happy pregnant person and was miserable about something or other). When I ended up being 5 days past my due date with my second, I was thinking about that constantly those last few days. Good luck!

Audrey @ In Shape Cupcake June 5, 2014 at 5:04 pm

I’ve been craving ice cream sandwiches. Haven’t had one yet…but man, if I could…I would devour it right now! I would also really enjoy a good bbq sandwich. Which I might do on vacation. Crossing my fingers for baby H come soon!

Michelle B June 5, 2014 at 5:28 pm

ALL THE SWEETS. I should have known from the start that I was having a girl. I normally crave salty snacks but now I make a b-line for the desserts! I’m scheduled for a c-section on 6/10 because baby girl is breech. That’s 6 days before I’m due so I’ll take it. I’m SO done being pregnant! Good luck to you!! Can’t wait to see Baby H!

Carrie K. June 5, 2014 at 5:39 pm

I am right there with you…I was due on Saturday…and just waiting, waiting. Hang in there! I hope things happen soon for you!

Tina June 5, 2014 at 5:40 pm

You too!!

PJ geek June 5, 2014 at 6:04 pm

Did you watch Ally McBeal when it was on tv? there was something about a dancing baby…maybe you guys need to do a baby Dance.

food wise–that toasted bread with pnut butter bananas that you sounds delish

Annette@FitnessPerks June 5, 2014 at 6:07 pm

I hope he comes soon!!!! Oh boy is that waiting game hard. Something that helped me when I’d cry every morning when I realized I hadn’t gone into labor during the night was “the baby HAS to come out.” It gave me a sliver of hope that the almost seemingly impossible would be possible & happen…even if she was 15 days late. :/

I’ve been craving ice cream every night. Which isn’t unusual, but yes, it’s something I love to eat! :)

Alex @ Kenzie Life June 5, 2014 at 6:20 pm

I’ve been craving chocolate, frozen yogurt, and pizza lately. I’m always craving pizza so that’s not a new thing ;) I’m so sorry to hear you couldn’t sleep well last night! I hope tonight is better!

Livi June 5, 2014 at 6:22 pm

Ice cream!!!

Jillian June 5, 2014 at 6:39 pm

Ever since I heard tomorrow is National Donut Day, I’ve had the Whole Foods cinnamon sugar donuts on my mind… Just what I need, ha! Good luck!

Elizabeth {Positively Healthy} June 5, 2014 at 6:42 pm

I have been craving greek yogurt and peanut butter so much lately. I think instead of cookie Friday tomorrow, it will be baby Friday! Sending baby vibes your way! :)

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast June 5, 2014 at 6:50 pm

Thinking of you!! I was lucky that I didn’t have to play the waiting game… L came ten days early. But who knows what will happen this time around. Now my hopes are up that he/she will be early, so of course, it probably won’t happen. As for cravings- I’m battling chocolate cravings these days! Trying not to overdo it, but definitely giving it a little most days.

Ellen Renee June 5, 2014 at 7:35 pm

I am craving chia jelly….on a waffle with some honey almond butter. I had that last week and have wanted another ever since. I have to make more jelly and almond butter though so it has not happened yet. I did find both blueberries and raspberries today at the store so I am going to make a little bit of each. Have a raspberry scone recipe that I have been waiting “patiently” to try once our store stocked the berries. It will happen Saturday ….after a trip to the Farmers Market.

Britta June 5, 2014 at 7:39 pm

Good luck! Although I’ve never met you, I have been checking your blog twice a day looking for baby arrival updates. Lol!

I have fond memories of waiting for my own little daughter to arrive, so reading your story has made me a little nostalgic. Happy times! Thanks for sharing.

Shannon June 5, 2014 at 7:41 pm

Not sure where you’re delivering, but in case it’s BI—they have awesome blueberry pancakes! I was there for a month before my daughter was born, so I consider myself an expert on the menu :p

Tina June 5, 2014 at 7:43 pm

👍👍👍

Jackie June 5, 2014 at 8:02 pm

I’m craving a tuna sandwich and a pickle on the side!!!

Tricia June 5, 2014 at 8:05 pm

Totally feel for you. Ugh. Fingers crossed!

Farah June 5, 2014 at 8:19 pm

Would you hate me if I said red wine :) Ha ha – Actually just went and bought a bottle of Malbec (though I won’t drink it all ;)

Farah June 5, 2014 at 8:22 pm

And totally meant to say that I keep checking Twitter to see if you post anything about Baby H. arriving :) Sending good thoughts your way and looking forward to seeing Baby H. soon!!

Megan @ The Skinny-Life June 5, 2014 at 8:33 pm

Fruit lots of fruit! I can’t imagine what it must feel like to be waiting for baby H. Probably the longest days of your life. Hopefully it will be soon!

Maryea {happy healthy mama} June 5, 2014 at 10:17 pm

I hope tonight’s the night!!

Morgan June 5, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I had back pain all day before I went into labor, and sure enough that night my water broke! I had crazy back labor though, so hopefully yours isn’t as bad. Sending good thoughts your way!

Lisa @ Exercise eat repeat June 6, 2014 at 3:49 am

My sisters labour started with back pain at about 5am and she had a beautiful daugher at 10pm that night so maybe this is the start for you. Once things got moving her labour was really quick.

Ashlee @ Theblueeyedperspective.com June 6, 2014 at 6:24 am

Chocolate chip cookie dough quest protein bars!! Super clean and high in protein. Put in oven for a few minutes on 300 and it tastes like legit cookie!!!

Kim @ FITsique June 6, 2014 at 7:31 am

I’m thinking about you everyday!!! I hope little baby comes soon! Stay positive! My cravings (even though I am not pregnant lol) have been for all things peanut butter! Yum!

Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork June 6, 2014 at 7:55 am

That picture of you and Murphy is priceless! And I seriously need to try Laughing Cow. I think of it as Swiss cheese, but it’s not, right? Maybe it used to be? Or maybe I’m just going crazy.
    Yes, yesterday was pretty yucky and after dinner I had a craving for a warm treat. I tried Chocolate Covered Katie’s cake in a mug and it still didn’t really hit the spot. Probably because I wanted real cake or a real warm cookie. Still, for a quickie, it wasn’t bad. I ended up using a little less sugar and topped with a little PB and some plain full-fat yogurt to add a little creaminess. http://chocolatecoveredkatie.com/2011/11/06/one-minute-chocolate-cake/
    Good luck! We’re all thinking of you!

Ashlee June 6, 2014 at 8:09 am

I had back labor so the day before our little man came my back was killing me! I felt contractions in my back Friday morning and he came Saturday. So fingers crossed Hippity comes soon!! Our dude was 41 weeks and a day when he decided to come, two days before I was scheduled to be induced..

Angela June 6, 2014 at 8:22 am

This is a really random question but what kind of almond milk do you use? I am trying to introduce it into my coffee and i’m not really getting the creaminess everyone else seems to rave about….maybe i’m missing something lol

Tina June 6, 2014 at 8:24 am

We buy whatever is on sale… Whole Foods brand, Silk, Blue Diamond, Pacific! 😄

Lissy June 6, 2014 at 8:45 am

second breakfast has become a normal thing for me since being pregnant :) As for cravings, lately it’s pineapple!

Emily @ A Cambridge Story June 6, 2014 at 9:55 am

The waiting is the worst – especially when you’re so uncomfortable and anticipating something so momentous! You’ve probably heard this a million times but seriously enjoy the quiet while you can. Your life will never be this calm again! Even if you’ve tackled your bucket list, find some more things – another pedi, another walk with a friend, another movie. I have a 13 mo – being a mom is incredible! – but it’s such a challenge to get a haircut or find even an hour to myself. Baby will be here so so soon, one way or another! Hang in there.

Erin June 6, 2014 at 10:44 am

I suggest planning something fun for every day for the next week. Make plans with friends, pamper yourself etc. I”m sure they will understand if you have to cancel!
    Keep moving.
    Relax. It will happen.

Deb June 6, 2014 at 11:49 am

I had back labor with JD…keep walking! I bet the donut will help too!:)

Amy June 6, 2014 at 12:40 pm

I’m 20 weeks pregnant and crave ice cream daily. Btw, if you haven’t tried Kristen’s pancakes in Braintree, you should. They are the best.

Katie sB June 6, 2014 at 2:43 pm

Love love love the picture of Murphy laying on your back!

alana June 6, 2014 at 3:12 pm

Those photos with “the Murphy lean” are absolutely ridiculous (in the best way)! Seems like the best little cuddlepug

Tina June 6, 2014 at 3:20 pm

He is! Such a good cudder! 😄

Chelsea @ Designs on Dinner June 6, 2014 at 4:27 pm

I’m always craving iced coffee this time of year!

Bezzymates June 7, 2014 at 10:48 am

Murphy is anxious to meet this bambino.

Shelly June 8, 2014 at 2:00 am

Here’s to hoping the baby comes soon! I have a 5 1/2 month old & I remember the waiting game. Once he comes the time will fly by (as I’m sure others have told you)

Claire June 10, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Unfortunately, with this pregnancy… I keep “craving” frozen yogurt (with hot fudge sauce & peanut butter cups)! I put craving in quotes because I don’t have any real honest-to-goodness cravings–just things I want that I have always loved. I only let myself indulge in this one a few times a month. ;)