• Last Week’s Workouts {37 Weeks}

May 17, 2014

Things are definitely starting to come to an end with regard to my regular workouts. My body is telling me to take it down a notch and my usual activities just make me so tired nowadays. I still managed to get in a few good workouts this week, but, overall, I didn’t really have the drive or energy to really push myself. Lifting heavy things at CrossFit, for instance, just seemed so exhausting, so I scaled back my weight and opted for more pug+podcast walks over CrossFit classes. That said, here is a recap of last week’s workouts!

Sunday: Off

Monday: 60-minute pug+podcast walk

handsome_pug

Tuesday: Off

Wednesday: 60-minute pug+podcast walk + CrossFit

Wednesday’s class had a nice, little WOD: 12 minutes of Deadlifts, Handstand Push-ups (Push Press at 55 pounds for me), and Toes-to-Bar (Knee Raises for me). I used 85 pounds for the Deadlifts, which actually seemed kind of challenging, which is kind of crazy to think about because just a couple of months ago during the CrossFit Open, I used 100 pounds more for a workout with a lot more Deadlifts in it. Yep, my body is definitely telling me to take it easy. I finished this workout 9 + 11.

“Major”
    AMRAP 12:
    7 Deadlifts (225, 155)
    7 Handstand Push up
    7 Toes to Bar

L3: (185, 135)
    L2: (135-155, 95-115)

Thursday: 18-minute home gym workout + 60-minute pug+podcast walk

at-home_workout_

Friday: 60-minute pug+podcast walk + CrossFit

I love a good Bear Complex (Power Clean + Front Squat + Shoulder-to-Overhead + Back Squat + Jerk Behind Neck), so I didn’t want to miss yesterday’s workout. I ended up doing the Bear Complex (7 reps X 4) at a really light weight (45 pounds) and then did a workout on my own of 5 rounds of 10 Deadlifts, 10 Front Squats, and 10 Push Press with 55 pounds.

The goal of the Bear Complex was to increase weight each round, but my form is so whacked out on the Power Cleans because of my massive belly, I didn’t want to keep adding weight, so I opted for the second workout. It all ended up working out in the end because I was exhausted after class! Good workout.

Get ready Beasts. Bring your A game today!

Saturday: 60-minute pug+podcast walk

Please note how I put on Murphy’s harness. We walked for a good 5 minutes before I noticed that it was on wrong. Haha!

How were your workouts last week?

Chelsea@BigBitesLittleBudget May 17, 2014 at 12:44 pm

It’s that time! I love that you are listening to your body. What a role model of healthy living!

Workouts this week were mostly long runs while on vacation in Seattle. I love running in new areas as there are always fun sights to see!

Laura May 19, 2014 at 5:19 pm

@Chelsea@BigBitesLittleBudget: Running is one of my favorite ways to explore a new city, too! And Seattle is one of my favorite cities. :)

Liz May 17, 2014 at 1:09 pm

I love Murphy’s face…oh Mom!

Tiff May 17, 2014 at 2:02 pm

I’m sure Murph is loving those walks. Getting close!! :)

Ashley @ A Lady Goes West May 17, 2014 at 2:57 pm

I bet you need to take it easy these days. Walking sounds like a good option to stay active.

My workouts were great. A lot of teaching Les Mills group fitness classes and even some foam rolling.

Have a great weekend:)

Shel@PeachyPalate May 17, 2014 at 3:41 pm

45lbs is my weight region for most exercises, regardless of reps so you’re still doing awesome…incredible actually!!! You’ll spring back in to the heavy stuff post baby I bet…I’ve never even deadlifted more than 45!

Pip {Cherries & Chisme} May 17, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Wow, I think you’re doing amazing! I dream of being like you when/if I have a baby!

My workouts these week have been awesome – 3 CrossFit sessions including a particularly awesome one today, yoga, big walk, run and park workout :) hoping to run tomorrow too, happy days! Definitely need a big sleep first though…

Have a great weekend

Livi May 17, 2014 at 6:56 pm

Man! Bear complex sounds intense! I want to try!

Tina May 17, 2014 at 7:56 pm

It’s such a fun workout! 😄

Anna @ That DAMM Runner May 17, 2014 at 7:07 pm

I ran a lot this week – I had a few good runs at the crack of dawn which are my FAVORITE. I also went to spin class for the first time in weeks. I’d say it was a successful week! You’re getting so CLOSE! So exciting.

Bezzymates May 17, 2014 at 7:31 pm

My workouts were great. I am going to do one of your home WODS at my gym tomorrow.

Tina May 17, 2014 at 7:56 pm

Nice! Hope you like it!!

Megan @ The Skinny-Life May 17, 2014 at 11:27 pm

I had good workouts this week despite working ridiculous hours. Lots of running, logged 30 miles. 2 spin classes & weight training and 2 30 minute lap swims.

Polly @ Tasty Food Project May 18, 2014 at 3:43 am

I enjoyed my workouts this week! I pushed myself to do some HIIT treadmill workouts and felt so great afterwards. I haven’t been doing HIIT often lately but I love how effective they are!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More May 18, 2014 at 6:29 am

I bit the bullet and started CrossFit this week! My box does a “Foundations” class where we go 3days/week for 2 weeks and then we can go to any of the classes, but we’ve at least learned a lot of the basics and can feel comfortable in class. So far, I’m LOVING it! (Which has surprised me, but also totally not…lol!)

Emily @ Fit as a Mother... May 18, 2014 at 8:05 am

So great that you’re staying active!! I started ramping up my running again last week, which felt great. Kicking off the Focus T25 program tomorrow.

Michele @ paleorunningmomma May 18, 2014 at 10:37 am

Can’t believe you are crossfitting at this point in pregnancy, at 37 weeks just carrying a laudry basket upstairs was enough to set off braxton hicks and wipe me out! Maybe some nice long walks this week?

Tricia May 18, 2014 at 11:49 am

Eeeeeek! You’re getting so close. I felt the same way at the end. Doing anything was exhausting.

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun May 18, 2014 at 5:40 pm

My workouts went pretty good overall. Have a lot going on so have had to do some good time management!

Lisa @ Exercise eat repeat May 19, 2014 at 5:53 am

I think you have done so well to have kept going for so long. it would have been easy to stop and have a good excuse.
    My training this week has gone really well and considering it is only 8 weeks to my first ever tri i am really pleased.

Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork May 19, 2014 at 1:49 pm

You are still keeping up with your workouts an impressive amount! That’s so good for someone at 37 weeks! I was able to get in 5 workouts. Took off two days in a row, one on purpose, the second one because I hadn’t gotten much sleep for a few days in a row and my body was feeling the effects of it. I knew if I focused on getting to bed early instead of working out, it would be so much better for me.

Laura May 19, 2014 at 5:22 pm

I’m so impressed by your workouts! I hope I can exercise throughout pregnancy whenever that day comes. :)

My workouts were good last week-got in a Soul Cycle or two, did some circuits and got in some good runs.

allison May 19, 2014 at 10:31 pm

I seriously just busted out laughing at the harness picture :)

Elizabeth June 5, 2014 at 6:16 pm

I’m a recent reader of your blog and I love it! I’m curious what podcasts you listen to on your walks? I’m always looking for new ways to be entertained during workouts!