• Book of Mormon, Easter Brunch & Other Weekend Fun

April 21, 2014

Hi, guys!

I hope you had a wonderful weekend and Easter holiday! Just wanted to share some pics from the weekend. It was an especially nice one!

Friday afternoon, I received a delicious, cupcake-themed Edible Arrangement from my friend Monica. Murphy was pumped about it!

Friday night, Mal and I went out to dinner and then to see The Book of Mormon, which was absolutely hilarious. I laughed out loud at least a dozen times!

Saturday morning, I headed to CrossFit for a workout.

Prowler pushes!

And farmer’s carries!

Video from the workout!

Post-WOD belly shot! I’m seriously huge… “Tina Planet” for sure.

On Saturday afternoon, Mal installed the car seat.

Murphy supervised.

Mal and I met up with some friends at Alma Nove for a late lunch on Saturday afternoon.

Portobello sandwich!

Virgin mojito!

Extra spicy virgin Bloody Mary!

Sunday morning, Mal and I went to my Grammie’s house for Easter brunch.

Matthew and Crazy Uncle Mal!

Sunday night, we hung out with friends.

photo (2) (480x640)

Meal plan for the week…

Well Fed and Well Fed 2 Giveaway

Thanks to everyone who entered to win a copy of Well Fed and Well Fed 2! Here’s your winner:

Michelle

Yummy Yam Spears from Everyday Paleo!

Congrats, Michelle! Please email me at tina@carrotsncake.com with your full name and mailing address to claim your prize.

Questions of the Day

How was your Easter?

Have you seen Book of Mormon?

Bloody Marys… love ‘em or hate ‘em?

Ash Bear April 21, 2014 at 11:14 am

We absolutely loved Book of Mormon! Hands down it is one of our favorites and the best for anyone who wants a good laugh and can take a joke :)

Theodora April 21, 2014 at 8:39 pm
    Farah April 21, 2014 at 11:18 am

Bloody Marys… LOVE ‘EM!!!! Extra Spicy and Extra Strong :)

Ashley @ A Lady Goes West April 21, 2014 at 11:24 am

Hi there! Easter was great in San Francisco. My husband and I enjoyed a meal at home together, in which we cooked up some Omaha Steaks fixings from the freezer.

The weather was perfect, so we also went to one of the few beaches in the City to put our feet in the sand.

Bloody Marys are a little intense for me, I go with mimosas for sure. :)

FitBritt@MyOwnBalance April 21, 2014 at 11:29 am

I only like Bloody Marys if they are made with real ingredients and extra spicy. No pre-made mixes for me!

Jackie April 21, 2014 at 11:38 am

Yum the virgin monitor looks delish!

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats April 21, 2014 at 11:38 am

Haha I love the “murphy supervised” picture!

Jackie April 21, 2014 at 11:38 am

Mojito!

Laura @ Mommy Run Fast April 21, 2014 at 11:41 am

You are not huge- you look fantastic!! But I get it- I’m feeling big already and I’ve got a ways to go. :) Glad you had such a good weekend. The carseat makes it feel so real, doesn’t it? Excited for you!!

Joanna April 21, 2014 at 11:43 am

Did you chicco carseat fit ok in your subaru? I have an impreza and we installed our chicco carseat this weekend it seems cramped if I try to put the carseat behind the driver or passenger seats – fits ok in the middle. I know the impreza is smaller than yours, but just wondering!

Tina April 21, 2014 at 11:49 am

Yep! 😄 But that’s good to know about the Impreza. We have one of those too. Maybe we won’t be moving the car seat too much!

Joanna April 21, 2014 at 12:29 pm

@Tina: Yeah I love my impreza but I had to move up the passenger seat/driver seat to allow enough room. It just is really hard to get the carseat out, as well as in. And I know you are supposed to put the carseat in the middle BUT I keep thinking about 1) ease of getting the car seat out with child in it, which would be easiest on the side and 2) what do we do if and when we have another child.

Annie Atherton April 21, 2014 at 4:19 pm

@Joanna: Carseats should really be placed in the middle whenever possible, even if it is “easier” to put them on the outside. If another car rams into the side of your car, there is more protection with the seat in the middle.

Sara April 21, 2014 at 12:13 pm

My brother and sister-in-law went up to NYC a couple of weeks ago to see Book of Mormon. They said it was SO funny! Non-stop laughter. Glad you enjoyed it!

Ashley @ Brocblog April 21, 2014 at 12:26 pm

I need to see book of mormon! Its in LA for another month and I have a lot of friends who say it was amazing.

Chelsea @ Chelsea Eats Treats April 21, 2014 at 12:32 pm

Omg that lamb cake is too cute!! Looks like a wonderful weekend! :)

Tina April 21, 2014 at 12:41 pm

Isn’t that adorable!?!

Jamie April 21, 2014 at 12:45 pm

My boyfriend and I dropped in at CF Steadfast when we were in Savannah, and he has that same shirt you’re wearing in the belly pic! :)

Ali April 21, 2014 at 12:46 pm

Our Easter was nice too… we were in Nebraska with family. That lamb cake is so cute!

Melanie April 21, 2014 at 1:01 pm

Ha I had a lot of virgin mohitos when I was pregnant too! We called them fauxhitos!

Sally April 21, 2014 at 1:08 pm

LOVE Bloody Mary’s – the spicier, the better! I recently had a delicious one in New Orleans – I could drink them all day!

Leslie @ Life Begins @ 30? April 21, 2014 at 1:16 pm

Bloody Mary’s for sure!! I love trying out different recipes and garnishes. Your Easter brunch looked delicious.

Alex @ Kenzie Life April 21, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Sounds like a great weekend! I have not seen the Book of Mormon but I really, really want to!

Linz @ Itz Linz April 21, 2014 at 1:35 pm

good for you for getting that carseat in early! get as much as you can done! we were so unprepared when william came at 37 weeks – my parents had to do so much for us!!

Brynn April 21, 2014 at 1:39 pm

What a wonderful weekend. We had a nice weekend and Easter, but the highlight was sharing the news that we are expecting! It was so much fun to celebrate with our loved ones!!

kristin April 21, 2014 at 1:52 pm

We took our car and carseat to the police station and had them make sure we installed it correctly for our first child. They are certified for that, so if you want to have them check call and see if they do that in your area! Safety first!

Lauren @ Focused To Be Fit April 21, 2014 at 1:56 pm

That looks like a good spread of food, yum!! I love, love, love, Bloody Mary’s and actually enjoyed two over the weekend!

Cheri @ Overactive Blogger April 21, 2014 at 1:59 pm

How are you feeling lifting and lifting your own body weight? Is it becoming more difficult, or are you feeling like you’re adapting well to the changes?

Tina April 21, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Lifting weights? I feel really good! :) It’s more the cardio stuff that I struggle with.

Annie Atherton April 21, 2014 at 4:21 pm

@Tina: When I was 8 months pregnant, my 1 1/2 year old took swim lessons that required a parent in the pool. It was so fun, until I climbed out of the pool, I felt SO HEAVY! Haha, so if you are starting to feel heavy, go swimming, such a nice enjoyable way to rest your body!

Simi @ The Micro Harvest April 21, 2014 at 2:58 pm

love them!!! the spicier the better!

Jessica @ RunYourMuttOff April 21, 2014 at 3:33 pm

My Easter was good, but the meal was no where near as appetizing as that spread you guys had! Wow!
    Bloody Mary’s? I hate ‘em. Not a tomato fan at all.

Annette@FitnessPerks April 21, 2014 at 3:35 pm

That bunny cake is awesome!!!

Annette@FitnessPerks April 21, 2014 at 3:36 pm

@Annette@FitnessPerks: And I meant lamb cake! Gahh. Mommy brain ;)

Also, the chicco car seat is the bomb. Good choice ;)

Shel@PeachyPalate April 21, 2014 at 3:44 pm

I don’t think I’ve ever had a bloody mary but I’d reckon the mojito would be more up my street! I’m not a huge tomato juice fan! My birthday today and got surprised by a friend with a voucher for a spa…definitely best part of the weekend! That is quite some Easter brunch spread!! Yummers!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun April 21, 2014 at 4:15 pm

Sounds like a pretty amazing and wonderful weekend! I can hardly believe you are already at 34 weeks!? So close!!

Amanda April 21, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Hello. My name is Elder Price.

Haha! We saw Book of Mormon yesterday and laughed a lot too. Well worth it!

Britani Sidwell April 21, 2014 at 5:28 pm

You look so beautiful and healthy!

Also, that Easter brunch makes me envious. What a spread!

Alyssa @ For Food and Health April 21, 2014 at 5:41 pm

I love that lamb cake! So cute. Confession: I’ve never tried a bloody mary!

Leah April 21, 2014 at 5:59 pm

I’m going to see Book of Mormon this week in Boston! Any suggestions on restaurants in the area?

Tina April 21, 2014 at 6:09 pm

We went to Stoddard’s, which was pretty good!

Polly @ Tasty Food Project April 21, 2014 at 6:53 pm

Looks like you had a yummy Easter brunch! Your baby bump is so cute!

I’ve never been a Bloody Mary fan. I just don’t like tomato juice!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More April 21, 2014 at 6:58 pm

Honestly, not sure if I’ve ever had a bloody mary but I’m not sure I’m a big tomato juice fan. But I’ll take a mojito! ;)

Lauren @ The Bikini Experiment April 21, 2014 at 7:09 pm

I so want to see Book of Mormon! The tickets in NYC are so expensive still.

Denise @ Do you have that in my size??? April 21, 2014 at 7:21 pm

Did you see any of the Wahlbergs while you were at Alma Nove? (I LOVE that show!)

Megan @ The Skinny-Life April 21, 2014 at 7:37 pm

Love the Book of Mormon! I saw it in NYC last year and laughed so hard. I love comedy and musicals. I’m not a fan of bloody mary’s….too salty for me. My Easter was quiet and relaxing, just lovely.

Hilary April 21, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Ok that spread you had for Easter looked amazing! Sometimes I wish I had a bigger family so our food spread was much larger haha!

Bezzymates April 21, 2014 at 7:53 pm

That little lamb looks too cute and innocent to eat.

Kim Henrichs April 21, 2014 at 8:42 pm

I saw Book of Mormon last year – LOVED it!!

Alyssa April 21, 2014 at 9:45 pm

Your meal plan is similar to mine..cooking Mon-Wed, planned leftovers Thursday and out to eat Friday. It’s weird how we have so much gung-ho cooking energy early in the week which fizzles once the weekend rolls around.

Kristen @ Vitamin K Girl April 21, 2014 at 10:29 pm

Should I admit I’ve never had a Bloody Mary…I’ll use my shame as an excuse to try one;)

Kate April 21, 2014 at 10:42 pm

What a great weekend! Hubs and I saw Book of Mormon too, and I thought it was hilarious!! So glad you enjoyed it :)

And congrats on installing the car seat – how exciting!

Erin @ Snapbacks and Racing Flats April 21, 2014 at 10:59 pm

My Easter was nice and peaceful, full of good food and family =).

I haven’t seen The Book of Mormon, but it’s on my list of things I am hoping to see on Broadway this upcoming year when I am back in New York!

I’m only 19, so I haven’t had a Bloody Mary… They don’t seem like they would be my cup of tea though.

Brittney @ Sweets 'N' Greens April 22, 2014 at 1:31 am

That Easter brunch looks amazing! Major food envy right now haha

Ashley April 22, 2014 at 4:25 am

Tina,

I love following your blog and you look great! It’s very inspiring to see you stay do fit during your pregnancy!

Ashley

Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork April 22, 2014 at 12:20 pm

I still want to see Book of Mormon. Have heard it’s hysterical.
    That lamb (cake?) is adorable!
    I’ve actually never had a Bloody Mary, but it doesn’t appeal to me on account of the spice. How has virgin drinking been going taste-wise? I’m impressed whenever I see you ordering virgin versions of drinks, but it makes me wonder if I’d even bother because, let’s be honest, much of the time it’s the alcohol that really makes it good. ;-) Is it easier to feel like you’re part of the group? I go through periods of barely drinking at all, so I get feeling left out.