We’re finally starting to make some progress in Baby Haupert’s nursery! Yay! The walls are all painted, so now we’re looking to buy furniture, décor, and other furnishings, which, of course, is the most fun part. I’ve been pinning all sorts of stuff onto my Nursery Ideas board on Pinterest, so I thought it would be neat to share some of our inspiration here on CNC. Enjoy!
Colors: We’re leaning toward gray and white with accents of green, blue, and orange
(Some) zoo animals
A dresser than doubles as a changing table
Cube shelf with Storage Bins
Tall corner shelf for extra storage
Dog and pug décor (obviously)
- The nursery isn’t very big, so we’re doing our best to find pieces that have multiple purposes to give us as much space as possible (i.e. dresser + changing table, shelf with storage, etc.)
- Mal and I both love animals and we want Baby H. to love them too, which is why we want to include some in our nursery décor, but we definitely don’t want to have a zoo-themed nursery.
- I love these curtains from Crate & Barrel, but I am hoping to find something similar at a lower price point. I’m not sure I’m ready to drop $200 on curtains.
- To save a little money, we’re repurposing a couple of pieces of furniture from other parts of our house, including a rug and a chair from IKEA.
- We painted the walls of the nursery a light gray to brighten up the space and make it seem a bit bigger. The color is “Polished Silver” from Valspar. I love it.
- We had an overhead light installed this past weekend since the nursery doesn’t get a ton of natural sunlight, except for in the early morning. It already makes a great addition to the room!
- We also went to IKEA to buy a crib, dresser, and small cube shelf. We still need to set it up, but I can’t wait to see the nursery finally start to come together!
So, those are our plans for the nursery so far—more to come in the coming weeks!