• No-Fail Green Juice Recipe & Other Monday Things

March 25, 2014

Hi, guys! Happy, happy, happy Tuesday to you!

Just wanted to share my no-fail recipe for green juice with you. I pretty much drink some variation of this recipe most days of the week. It also works with a variety of fruits, so feel free to play around!

No-Fail_Green_Juice_Recipe

No-Fail Green Juice

• 2 apples (or 2 pears, 1 apple + 1 pear, 2 oranges, 1 apple + 1 orange… you get the idea)
    • 1 cucumber
    • 1/4 lemon
    • 3 handfuls of fresh greens (spinach, kale, chard, etc.)

My green juice yesterday was 1 apple, 1 pear, 1 cucumber, 1/4 lemon, and three large handfuls of baby spinach. I also like to add fresh ginger or mint to my juices. Mmm! So good!

Other Monday things…

Baby Haupert and I had our 30-week check-up. He’s growing! And moving and grooving like a maniac! It feels like he does flips and barrel rolls, which always surprise me and stop me in my tracks. I seriously can’t wait to meet this kid. I already feel like he has a lot of personality!

(I totally wore my workout gear to my doctor’s appointment yesterday. Putting on workout clothes is usually half the battle for me, so I figured if I was already wearing my gear, I wouldn’t skip CrossFit later that evening.)

The hood above our stove randomly fell yesterday. I’m still having a WTF moment about this. I was putting dirty dishes into the dishwasher and it just came crashing down. Obviously, it scared the crap out of me. I seriously thought our house was under attack or something, but I’m so glad no one was standing near the stove or cooking on it. Seriously. WTF.

Ugh, our kitchen is so cheaply made. We’ve actually had a lot of issues with the cabinets and appliances in the past. The people who lived in our house before us definitely made things look nice, but everything is such crappy quality. Time for a new kitchen?

I ate a lot of Peanut Butter Granola yesterday—like a whole lot.

Healthy Peanut Butter Granola

I also ate a delicious Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Quest Bar for dessert. The nice people from Quest recently sent me a variety pack of their bars as well as some of their other products (peanut butter cups and pasta), so I’m excited to discover some new flavors. I love the Cookies & Cream bar, especially after being warmed up in the microwave, but Monica recently told me the right way to heat up Quest Bars: Cut bar into 3 pieces. Toaster oven or oven 375 F degrees for 5-7 minutes. (The microwave just melts the bars and then makes them hard.)

I went to CrossFit and did this workout below, which was way harder than I thought it would be. The goblet squats burned my quads so bad, especially after the first 30-calorie row. Yowsahs! I finished in 11:53 Rx.

Monday_WOD_from_CrossFit_781_001

After CrossFit, Mal snapped a 30-week belly pic of me! I feel like 30 weeks is a milestone, right? Maybe to start the countdown to my due date? 10 weeks to go! (Man, I’m getting BIG!)

30 weeks pregnant

Questions of the Day

How often do you drink green juice? Do you have a go-to recipe?

Have you tried Quest Bars? What’s your favorite flavor?

sarahf March 25, 2014 at 11:28 pm

You look amazing! That stove hood would have scared the bejeezus out of me, thank goodness you weren’t cooking at the time! I don’t have a juicer, it seems like you need a lot of vegetables for one juice, which I guess is the whole point! I usually make smoothies with my little hand blender, time to upgrade the kitchen equipment perhaps!

Jenn@ Mark My Miles! March 26, 2014 at 5:50 am

HA! That is why I am afraid to make that granola…I would finish it off in a day!
    I love Quest bars. I’m loving the apple pie one or cinnamon roll one with a greek yogurt for a quick breakfast.

Runner Girl Eats March 26, 2014 at 6:41 am

You look great! I have never tried Quest bars but I loovvee Luna bars.

Rhiannon @ Bound to be a Buckeye March 26, 2014 at 7:16 am

I need to start drinking more juice, this is a great reminder! Thank heavens you weren’t near the stove when that fell! I may have piddled a little if I was in the room when it happened ;)

Jamie @ Dishing Out Health March 26, 2014 at 7:45 am

Omg that is crazy about your oven!! That would scare the crap out of me. Maybe your “push present” from Mal can be a remodeled kitchen?? ;) Hehe. I can’t wait to make that granola this weekend!

Ashlee March 26, 2014 at 8:36 am

I don’t actually make my own green juice, I buy them but I try to drink at least one glass every other morning. It definitely gets me started. With work, school, kid, volunteering, and life, it’s easier to just grab one and go. I like the Bolthouse Farms ones the best, but will get the Naked brand too. I tried the Evolution one and could not stomach it.

Nikki March 26, 2014 at 9:05 am

My husband and I love bars. We actually have a big bowl of them we grab while on the go but neither of us like Quest bars. Go figure.

Alyssa March 26, 2014 at 9:25 am

Wow, only 10 weeks to go! I feel like you JUST announced you were pregnant only a few weeks ago!
    I haven’t tried Quest bars yet, but I’m dying to. I’ve been eyeing the chocolate chip cookie dough one for weeks now. I think I need to just buckle down & buy them.

Sara March 26, 2014 at 9:33 am

Oh my goodness you MUST expose that brick by your stove, it is beautiful!! Get the sledge hammer Mal!

Steph March 26, 2014 at 9:44 am

Tina, you look so great!! 30 weeks seems like a milestone to me :) And that’s nuts about the oven hood! I would’ve fainted or something. LOL

Miriam March 26, 2014 at 10:00 am

It’s funny how my sister looks exactly like you (pregnant wise) and she has about the same due date (June 10th) with a boy. :) I’m 6 weeks behind her and look nothing like you two, my belly just started to show (I also will have a boy). I keep reassuring her that she is perfectly fine and that this girl-whose-blog-I-read looks exactly like her. :) (it’s both our first baby) (so excited to meet all those babies, although yours virtually!)

Ali @ Peaches and Football March 26, 2014 at 10:11 am

Ha – I’m eating a Quest bar RIGHT NOW as I’m reading this. My favorite is the white chocolate raspberry!! :-)

Tina March 26, 2014 at 10:18 am

Mmm… I haven’t tried that one yet!

Jen @ Bagels to Broccoli March 26, 2014 at 10:28 am

I don’t have a green juice recipe…mainly because I prefer the fiber in smoothies! Definitely sounds delish though…I so need to get on the Green Smoothie track. It’s been a while!

Annette March 26, 2014 at 10:45 am

I LOVE green juice and I try to drink one everyday. If I don’t make it myself, I buy the one from Evolution Fresh at the supermarket.

Quest bars are my absolute FAVE protein bar, they are super clean and yummy. I love the White Chocolate Raspberry. I usually microwave for 10 seconds and they soften nicely..if you follow Quest Bars on Instagram, they post all kinds of cool recipes and show how you can melt different flavors together.

Linda @ running4two March 26, 2014 at 10:52 am

You look wonderful! I love the belly pics :-). I can’t wait to see the nursery when it’s done. :-)

Captain Competition March 26, 2014 at 11:35 am

Green juice is a yes for me a couple times a week. I usually only use one handful of greens, but this makes me think I need to have more. Grapefruit when in season always goes in the juice.

Ashley @ Saving Money in your Twenties March 26, 2014 at 12:22 pm

That is crazy about the range hood! I would have freaked out. I’ve never had a green juice… every time I see your pics I want one, though!

Brittney @ Sweets 'N' Greens March 26, 2014 at 3:59 pm

Sorry about your kitchen! Hopefully you’re able to fix it. And your green juice go to recipe is pretty similar to mine. I love it!

Kelsey at The Primal Yogi March 26, 2014 at 4:32 pm

I haven’t tried Quest bars yet. But have you tried Perfect Foods Bar? They are in the prepared section of Whole Foods because they have to be refrigerated. The almond one takes like a big stick of almond butter – so good!

Tina March 26, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Yes! They’re so good! I actually blogged about them recently!

Livi March 26, 2014 at 8:18 pm

I have been seeing Quest bars everywhere, I need to get some!

Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork March 27, 2014 at 1:45 pm

We don’t have a juicer, so we just add berries and greens to our smoothies. I have a (maybe) silly question about juices: would it be the total amount of calories of all of those foods or does taking out some of the pulp take out some of the calorie content? I mean, I know there aren’t a ton of calories in total, but it’s not an inconsequential amount either. And what about all of that sugar hitting your system so quickly (without the fiber to slow it down)? That’s the only reason I’m hesitant.