• No-Equipment Arm Toning Workout

March 18, 2014

Goooooood morning! Happy Tuesday! Let’s start with some eats from yesterday!

Breakfast

I’m actually not sure how much I liked yesterday’s breakfast… it was good, but not great. I still ate it anyway. The green juice was, of course, delicious, but the chia seed concoction that I made was a little weird. I think I added too many chia seeds and the flavor was a little bland. Anyway, it was a mixture of Greek yogurt, mashed sweet potato, almond milk, chia seeds, and cinnamon. It was decent, but it definitely needed something more.

Murphy creeping on my breakfast…

Lunch

Lunch definitely made up for breakfast! I had leftover spinach and artichoke pizza from California Pizza kitchen, a big scoop of Green Goddess Cauli Rice, and a clementine. Delish!

Snack

After lunch, I ate a ridiculous amount of applesauce with cinnamon sprinkled on top. Applesauce is my newest obsession, and I can’t get enough of it lately. I bought this huge jar on Saturday, and it’s almost half gone!

photo (640x640)

Health News & Views

Think you need heavy weights or a gym membership to get flex-worthy arms? Think again! Try these moves at home (or anywhere, really) to get the sleek, sexy, and toned arms you want.

With just five exercises, you’ll strengthen your entire upper body, including your biceps, triceps, shoulders, and chest as well as work your back and core. And the best part about this workout: It only takes 10 minutes, which means you can easily fit it into your daily routine. No excuses!

10-Minute, No-Equipment Arm Toning Workout

10-Minute, No-Equipment Arm Toning Workout

Questions of the Day

What did you have for breakfast this morning?

Leftover pizza: eat it cold or reheat?

What’s your favorite upper body workout?

P.S. I got a kick out this and just wanted to share: 79 Thoughts You Always Have While Watching “House Hunters”! Haha!

Sarah (Shh...Fit Happens) March 18, 2014 at 3:58 pm

I had left over cold pizza for breakfast yesterday! I think my fave, go-to upper body (and total body exercise) is push ups, hands down! :)

Samantha @ The Faithful Runner March 18, 2014 at 4:16 pm

I had an apple and banana with almond butter for breakfast! Didn’t have time to make anything because we had a major snowstorm!

Pizza is DEFINITELY best eaten cold. :)

And I agree with Sarah^^, Push-ups are the best!

gracekelle at leangirlsclub March 18, 2014 at 5:05 pm

Push ups and pull ups are the best upper body workout…It’s amazing what we can do with our own body weight.

Breakfast – had avocado toast with tomatoes and a poached egg. Yum!

Pizza – depends on the type of pizza. But cold pizza is better than no pizza!

Tory March 18, 2014 at 6:09 pm

I have such a love/hate relationship with House Hunters. I love the show but get soooo mad at the couples! Especially when they go like $50,000 over their budget. Do they not understand what a budget is?

Ellen Renee March 18, 2014 at 6:54 pm

I love the combination of applesauce and cottage cheese – basically I love fruit and cottage cheese together especially pineapple and peaches. My favorite Thanksgiving leftover meal is cranberry sauce with cottage cheese. Great…now I have a craving :o)

Lauren March 18, 2014 at 7:50 pm

I went through an applesauce phase last week too! I also finished an entire jar (by myself) in less than a week. At least it’s helping to calm my ice cream obsession.

Anel March 18, 2014 at 8:33 pm

This morning I had oatmeal with peanut butter and coconut oil. It was pretty good! Kept me full for quite a while. Leftover pizza has to be reheated; I do not like it cold! I should work my arms out more often but I never do! This will be perfect for a quick workout! My favorite move are tricep dips.

erin m. March 18, 2014 at 8:46 pm

That house hunters thing is hilarious! I love cold pizza…especially for the occasional breakfast

natalie@thesweetslife March 18, 2014 at 10:12 pm

I highly recommend Tracy Anderson’s arm workouts too–you can just find them on youtube and they’re usually equipment-less (or have like 3 lb weights) and take like 10 minutes. I did them throughout pregnancy and still do them :)

Anna March 19, 2014 at 2:13 am

Ahh, now I desperately want a slice of cold pizza!!! It’s almost better the next day when it’s been in the fridge all night. Yum.

Breakfast this morning was oatmeal with half a banana, chia seeds and peanut butter. I’m boring and eat the same thing almost every morning but I love it :)

My favourite upper body workout is good old push ups but lately I’m loving the one where you crouch down, twist, kick your leg through and touch your opposite shoulder. I’m sure they have a name!!

2 Cups 'N Run March 19, 2014 at 5:47 am

I’d have to be really really hungry to eat cold pizza, although most foods I don’t mind eating cold. I draw the line at pizza and soup.
    Breakfast was the usual, a homemade granola bar, I can eat them all day!

Renee March 23, 2014 at 2:12 pm

I liked if it on Facebook!!!

lauren March 24, 2014 at 2:48 pm

after an especially ambitious apple-picking season, I was left with thousands (ok, maybe 30) overripe apples. at a loss of what to do, I set to work peeling, slicing, dicing and boiling: the result was the most delicious homemade applesauce. Seriously, it was so good. Homemade from local in-season apples. I even threw in some overripe peaches in one batch and it was even better. Add a pinch of cinnamon and some fresh ginger and you’re in for a real treat! Store bought apple sauce will taste like water compared to this! Needless to say it was gone in a matter of days… :-)

this didn’t answer the question, so breakfast was protein/chia/oat waffles with coconut butter and blueberries. my fav body weight exercise is push-ups, also “reverse pushups” (high plank to low plank).

Never was a fan of cold pizza. we had a toaster oven growing up and I always warmed up leftovers in there. For breakfast. Yes.