• Last Week’s Workouts {30 Weeks}

March 29, 2014

Last week was actually a pretty low-key week on the workout front. No reason really. I actually felt pretty good, pregnancy-wise. I just felt like taking it easy a little more than usual. Maybe that’s all part of the third trimester? I have no idea, but I’m just going with it. That said, here’s a recap of last week’s workouts!

Sunday: Off

Monday: CrossFit

Monday’s WOD was a lot harder than I thought it would be. The goblet squats burned my quads so bad, especially after the first 30-calorie row! I finished in 11:53 Rx.

Monday_WOD_from_CrossFit_781_001

Tuesday: CrossFit

I almost skipped Tuesday’s workout because there were so many movements that I couldn’t do, but I knew my coaches would have lots of modifications, especially for the rope climbs and handstand push-ups, so it ended up being no problem at all.

“Goliath”

For time:
    100 Double Unders

Then 3 rounds of:
    3 Rope Climbs
    10 Burpee Box Jumps (24, 20)

Then 100 Double Unders

Then 2 rounds of:
    20 Handstand Push ups
    20 Ground-to-Overhead w/a plate (45, 25)

Then 100 Double Unders

The modified workout that I did:

For time:

50 Double Unders

Then 3 rounds of:
    10 Strict Pull-ups (with a band)
    10 Burpee Box Jumps

Then 50 Double Unders

Then 2 rounds of:
    20 Push-ups (with a band)
    20 G2OH w/ a plate (25 pounds)

Then 50 Double Unders

It was still a really challenging workout, and I finished in just over 15 minutes.

Wednesday: Off

Thursday: FlyWheel + 60-minute pug walk

IMG_2257

Friday: Off

Saturday: Off

How were your workouts last week? Try anything new?

Heidi @ Idlehide March 29, 2014 at 7:23 pm

Your workouts are awesome, especially for 3rd trimester. This was my first week back at the gym since baby so I am pretty sore today thanks to activating my muscles again haha. Dead-lifts will always wake your muscles up!

Shel@PeachyPalate March 29, 2014 at 8:08 pm

We’ve a kettlebell challenge for charity this coming Saturday so did a good bit of practicing for it this week…50 people, 1000 reps each, 10 kettlebell exercises. LOVE kettlebells!

Nicole March 29, 2014 at 8:20 pm

Way to go!
    I tried Piloxing this week. It’s a lot of fun.

Sam @ The Second Lunch March 29, 2014 at 8:26 pm

I love FlyWheel! I’ve gone twice, and I’m planning on a third trip this week. Your Monday WOD looks so innocent, but those goblet squats are always good for a nice burn :) So inspired by all of your +1 workouts. I crashed and burned today on 14.5, reading blogs and scheduling my workouts for the week to avoid feeling sorry for myself.

Emily @ The Swallow Flies March 29, 2014 at 9:07 pm

It wasn’t NEW, per se, but I ran eight miles today (furthest distance in a LONG time) at a great (for me) pace. It felt AWESOME!

Teresa @ www.fitinwoodbine.com March 29, 2014 at 9:14 pm

I started a strength training program this week. All I seem to do is run and at 47 I knew I needed to get started!! I love spin!! You look amazing…

Livi March 29, 2014 at 9:59 pm

I did some new strength circuit workouts this week and I love them! Fast and dirty!

Luv What You Do March 29, 2014 at 10:03 pm

I did a restoritive yoga this morning that was unreal! What a great way to start the weekend! So jealous that you have a flywheel near by. We don’t have any popular spin places by us!

Lauren March 29, 2014 at 11:29 pm

Your workouts are awesome !!!!!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun March 30, 2014 at 12:29 am

Great workouts for the week! I ran most of the week with 2 strength training sessions. I want to up that by at least 1 this coming week!

Samantha @ The Faithful Runner March 30, 2014 at 9:33 am

Great job this week. I love seeing your workouts and seeing how much you’re giving it your all. Thanks for sharing.

Megan @ The Skinny-Life March 30, 2014 at 9:41 am

I swam a ton this week & my times were best yet! I’m thinking about training for a triathalon. I have a group of friends through my spin class who are in a Tri team and want me to join.

Ashley @ A Lady Goes West March 30, 2014 at 10:45 am

Good morning Tina,

I still haven’t tried Crossfit and really want to. Last week I taught two cardio (Les Mills BODYATTACK) and four resistance (Les Mills BODYPUMP) classes, all of which require me to do to the workout with the class. I also did yoga twice.

One of the new things I tried was a Strala STRONG yoga at Sports Club LA San Francisco, which is a new free-flowing and fun yoga class. You’ve got to check it out if you get the chance, because it’s definitely different than the normal yoga class. I wrote a review about it, if you want to check it out. http://aladygoeswest.com/2014/03/25/strala-strong-yoga-at-sports-club-la/

Have a great Sunday!
    Ashley

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More March 30, 2014 at 11:27 am

I was thinking Monday’s WOD doesn’t look that bad…I’m sure it’ll kick my butt though. ;)

Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork March 30, 2014 at 11:48 am

Workouts last week were scaled down because I was sick. I didn’t even feel like working out, so you know that’s a sign you shouldn’t. You’re still getting in a great amount and intensity! It sounds like you’re listening to your body, which is great. Keep it up!

Nikki March 30, 2014 at 1:38 pm

Wow that second WOD looked like a killer! Hand stand push ups are not my strength right now and I just did Diane a few days ago! Awesome job on modifying all the movements!

Bezzymates March 30, 2014 at 2:24 pm

I did Barre fitness last week. It was a little boring but i was sore in my legs the next day.

Jackie March 30, 2014 at 2:25 pm

I’ve been focusing on arm work since it’s about all I can do now while my foot heals from surgery!

Runner Girl Eats March 31, 2014 at 6:55 am

I love that you are staying so active during pregnancy. Such an inspiration :) I have been craving a spin class lately…I might need to check one out soon!

Jen @ Chase the Red Grape March 31, 2014 at 11:21 am

One word… 14.5… Enough said!!! Urgh!!! :-)

The open was crazy! But I will miss it, I loved the fact that for 5 weeks we were all doing the same workout all over the world. The crossfit community rocks!

Gym Los Angeles April 3, 2014 at 1:40 pm

Some good workouts, great to read posts about people smashing their workouts and feeling good about getting in shape. When I first started reading I thought I was going to have to leave a comment giving you a telling off for missing Tuesdays workout….glad you went and did it, keep up the good work.