Happy Cookie Friday! The long-time readers will definitely remember Cookie Friday. It was easily the tastiest day of the week!
In honor of Cookie Friday, here’s a ridiculously delicious (and easy) cookie recipe to help you celebrate. (I honestly don’t think I’ve loved a cookie this much in a long time.) The flavors of coconut, chocolate, and almond (i.e. Almond Joy) are some of my very favorites, so these cookies taste absolutely incredible to me. Thick, rich, soft, and gooey, I have a feeling you will love them too!
- 1.5 cups almond meal
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/2 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix well until batter is blended evenly.
- Refrigerate batter for at least an hour.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Use a tablespoon to portion batter onto a prepared baking sheet.
- Bake cookies for approximately 10-12 minutes or until tops start to lightly brown.
- Remove cookies from baking sheet and allow to cool before serving.
Makes 10-12 cookies