Hi, guys! Happy FRIDAY!
I started this morning with a big, fluffy bowl of Paleo “oatmeal.” It was basically a simpler version of my recipe for “Oatmeal” Minus the Oats, but it turned out lighter and fluffier. I didn’t have any ground flaxseed, so maybe it didn’t weigh down the egg whites as much? I have no idea, but it was quite an awesome breakfast!
- 1 banana, mashed
- 3/4 cup liquid egg whites (or 3 egg whites)
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 cup your choice of chopped nuts
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- cinnamon to taste
- Whisk together ingredients in a bowl.
- Coat a medium saucepan with coconut oil (or lots of cooking spray) and then pour in mixture. Cook on medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until the “oatmeal” reaches the desired consistency; this should only take a few minutes.
- Pour oatmeal into a bowl and then top with nut butter, seeds, fresh fruit, or whatever else your little heart desires.
Makes 1 serving
Health News & Views
Now that spring is right around the corner, it’s time to start thinking about bathing suit season.
Did you just freak out a little? There’s no need to worry about slipping into a swimsuit if you do a little pre-summer planning to get yourself bikini-ready. I promise it’ll be stress-free! If you start incorporating these easy tips and tricks into your everyday life now, you’ll look and feel great in your bathing suit when summer officially arrives. Most of them will fit right into your current healthy habits”¦so what are you waiting for?
Question of the Day
What’s your beverage of choice with breakfast?
I usually switch between iced coffee/lattes and green juice””usually one or the other””but I’m definitely feeling both today. Maybe it’s the spring-like weather? Warm weather always makes me want iced coffee!
P.S. You still have a chance to enter to win a ProForm treadmill from iFit! I will randomly pick a winner on Monday morning!