Good morning! Happy Monday!
Did the weekend fly by for anyone else? I feel like I was just shutting down my computer on Friday afternoon, and here I am typing away once again. Weekend time warp.
The past couple of days were definitely a whirlwind, but for a good reason: quality time and meals with friends! Basically, I did a lot of dining out this weekend.
- Friday night: Dinner at Margaritas with a huge group of hometown friends for a birthday celebration.
- Saturday morning: Brunch with friends at Johnny D’s in Davis Square. Followed by an amazing almond latte from Diesel Café.
- Saturday night: Dinner with friends at Legal C Bar in Hingham. The “Bang Bang Cauliflower” was incredible, and I’m on a mission to recreate it this week.
A couple of posts I’ve written about dining out:
- How to Dine Out and Stick to Your Healthy Eating Habits
- 6 Tips for Enjoying a Multicourse Meal Without Wrecking Your Diet
Yesterday morning, I woke up bright and early for Open Gym at CrossFit.
Mal and I missed “Fight Gone Bad” (FGB) the day before, so we decided to do the workout at Open Gym together.
I hadn’t done FGB since I first started CrossFit (almost 2 years ago), so I was excited to see if I had improved—and I did! Almost 20 reps! My box jumps were so slow (it’s so much harder to jump with extra weight), but everything else felt pretty good.
24 weeks! Definitely pregnant.
After CrossFit, Mal and I swung home to get Murphy to take him to the park for a doggie playdate with Bentley and Lulu.
After that, I did a quick grocery shopping at Stop & Shop. I’m trying to mix it up with our weekly shopping because Whole Foods gets really expensive. I love Whole Foods so much, and I still end up there a few times a week, but a big grocery shopping at Stop & Shop or Trader Joe’s is quite a bit more friendly on my wallet.
After eating out all weekend, I was more than ready to plan a healthy week of home-cooked meals. Of course, I love dining out, but after a lot of restaurant (or even take-out) meals, it definitely gets to a point where I’m ready to get back to my normal eating habits, ya know?
This week’s meal plan:
- Sunday: Leftovers
- Monday: Artichoke Lemon Pesto Chicken Pasta
- Tuesday: Chicken, bacon, and avocado chopped salads
- Wednesday: Risotto with roasted chickpeas, spinach, and mushrooms
- Thursday: Potato and Chorizo Dobladas with steamed green beans on the side
- Friday: Leftovers/wing it
- Saturday: Out to dinner
Reebok ZQUICK Giveaway
Thanks to everyone who entered the giveaway to win a pair of Reebok ZQUICK! Here’s your winner:
I’d love to win these for speed work since they’re so lightweight!
Congrats, Cassie! Please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org with your full name, mailing address, shoe size, and choice of color.
Question of the Day
How often do you dine out (or get take-out/prepared foods) each week?