• Last Week’s Workouts {22 Weeks}

February 1, 2014

Hello, hello! Happy Saturday!

Mal and I are off to Burlington, Vermont this weekend for a little getaway, so no CrossFit for us this morning. I’m a little sad to miss a Saturday workout since they’re my favorite, but I got in some other great workouts this week. That said, here’s a recap of last week’s workouts!

Sunday: CrossFit (Open Gym)

Quickie workout at Open Gym. Full recap here.

Monday: CrossFit

Monday’s WOD was one of those short and painful ones:

21-15-9
    Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups
    Overhead Squats (95, 65)

It only took me about 8 minutes to finish, but, man, it hurt at times. Now that I’m 26 pounds heavier, Chest-to-Bar Pull-ups obviously weren’t happening for me. They were hard for me before I got pregnant, so I didn’t think for a second I could do this workout as prescribed. I used a #2 band (and still got no-rep-ed a few times) and used 55 pounds for the Overhead Squats.

Tuesday: Off

Wednesday: CrossFit

Wednesday’s workout was another short and painful one:

“Open WOD 13.4”

Ascending 7 minutes

3 Ground-to-Overhead (135, 95)
    3 T2B
    6 Ground-to-Overhead (135, 95)
    6 T2B
    9 Ground-to-Overhead (135, 95)
    9 T2B

…continue in this fashion until the clock runs out.

I did this workout last year during the Open and got into the set of 15 (63 total reps), butttt I wasn’t pregnant. This time, I still used the prescribed weight for the Ground-to-Overheads (95 pounds), but I modified the Toes-to-Bar to Kipping Knee Raises (KKR). The KKR went quickly, but the Ground-to-Overheads were pretty slow for me. (I split jerked them almost from the start and dropped the bar every single time. Ninety five pounds is heavy!) I finished with 58 reps.

Thursday: Off

Friday: CrossFit

And, once again, Friday’s workout was short and sweet. (I guess I just hit all of the programming for short WODs this week. Definitely need some long ones next week! )

Hustler_WOD_from_CrossFit_781

I thought about using the prescribed weight for the Thrusters (65 pounds), but this workout was supposed to be FAST. Our coaches compared it to an all-out, Fran-type workout, so I scaled down the weight a little. I used 55 pounds for the Thrusters and 35 pounds for the Kettlebell swings (L3) and finished in 6:40. It was a tough workout and a great way to end the week!

photo (5) (640x480)

Before I left 781, Mal snapped a quick belly pic for me! I’m getting big! (The photo bomber is my friend Jeff. He loves pizza and fancy pants.)

photo (6) (480x640)

Saturday: Off

CrossFit modifications so far:

Ella February 1, 2014 at 10:40 am

I know what you mean about feeling sad to miss a Saturday workout. They’re my favourite as well. I had to miss it last weekend but today’s one was great. The instructor challenged a few of the Body Pump regulars to do the three classes that she teaches on a Saturday back to back (Pump, yoga and kick boxing). I know it’s not the most efficient way to exercise but it was fun :)

Katie @ Peace Love & Oats February 1, 2014 at 10:51 am

Awesome job getting in those crossfit workouts! Goes to show that just because you’re pregnant doesn’t mean you have to sit on the sidelines!

Anel February 1, 2014 at 10:57 am

“He likes pizza and fancy pants.” Hahahahha! Have fun in Vermont!

Tricia February 1, 2014 at 10:58 am

I love that you’re not afraid to make the modifications and listen to your body. I know they say crossfit is safw while pregnant if that’s what you’re used to but it freaks me out! That said, you rock.

Ashley @ Saving Money in your Twenties February 1, 2014 at 11:08 am

DANG you are the fittest pregnant lady around! :) Have fun in Vermont!

Livi February 1, 2014 at 12:47 pm

you are awesome!!! fit pregnancy is on a roll :)!

Jenn@ Mark My Mile! February 1, 2014 at 12:50 pm

What a great week of workouts! Love the tummy pics.

Stephanie @ Whole Health Dork February 1, 2014 at 1:20 pm

Enjoy VT! I love it up there. Can’t wait to hear what you did.

Rachel @ Undercover Diva: A Sitcom February 1, 2014 at 2:05 pm

YOUR BELLY!!! I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Laura February 1, 2014 at 2:27 pm

You look great! I’m wondering if you would consider doing a recap post on crossfit, linking to important posts you’ve already written. I’ve been looking through the crossfit section, but it’s overwhelming how much is there. I’m considering trying the workout, but need some more info before I’m ready to jump in. Thanks!

Sara @ LovingOnTheRun February 1, 2014 at 2:38 pm

Dang you look awesome!! Love seeing that belly :) Adorable!!

Have a great weekend!

amrapCindy February 1, 2014 at 2:39 pm

I love these posts!! You have an adorable baby belly and way to keep killing it on the WODs!

(and YES 95lbs is heeeeavy on those. that one killed me last year)

Megan @ TheSkinny-Life February 1, 2014 at 2:56 pm

You are such a huge inspiration for working out & being pregnant. You’re on a roll!

Shel@PeachyPalate February 1, 2014 at 3:10 pm

Lots of great workouts!!! I’m so inflexible, overhead squats with no weight are a challenge!

logan February 1, 2014 at 3:11 pm

It always sucks to miss a workout. I know a lot of people who if they miss a workout, they just start going downhill from there. I use to be one of those people who if I missed a couple workouts, I would say, “screw it, I will start Monday”. Thankfully I got out of that habit fast. Anyway, great post, you look great, and keep up the handwork!

Elizabeth @ Positive Change February 1, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Awesome job on the workouts! You are so inspiring for pregnant women {and women in general}!

Katie @ Talk Less, Say More February 1, 2014 at 5:37 pm

Your belly is adorable!! :)

SuzanneU February 1, 2014 at 11:33 pm

Enjoy your pregnancy Lady :) Do what you can when you can. I am jealous of your endurance.

Ashley @ Snow Cream and Syrup February 2, 2014 at 8:22 am

Loving the belly pictures and the inspiration to keep it up during pregnancy – thanks for sharing all of that with us.

YAY VERMONT – you’ll have a great time! (of course I’m biased)

Andrea February 2, 2014 at 10:58 am

Love that you are keeping up with Crossfit while you are pregnant! It is possible and I can’t wait to be in the same boat!

Zahra@MusicandMarathons February 2, 2014 at 11:22 am

You’re in such good shape pregnant. How on earth do you lift so heavy?

Linz @ Itz Linz February 2, 2014 at 11:29 am

nice work girly :) :)

Brittney @ Sweets 'N' Greens February 2, 2014 at 2:06 pm

Great workouts! 95 pounds is heavy – I doubt I could lift that much not pregnant haha!

Jackie February 2, 2014 at 2:47 pm

Adorable belly pic!

Ella February 2, 2014 at 5:33 pm

You look fab!!

Katey February 2, 2014 at 8:53 pm

My CF coach assures me that once I lose some lbs pull ups will be easier too…hah! my weight has gone to different places (mostly hips and thighs!) since having 2 kids:-) Love that torpedo boy bell you’re starting to get!

SpillOverCoffee.com February 2, 2014 at 10:58 pm

OMG! I have been trying to enroll in a CrossFit class but haven’t had the time but when I saw your post I promised myself to try it ASAP. Thanks!

Genevieve February 3, 2014 at 6:33 am

You make it look easy! You are such a great role model for pregnant women!

Alicia February 3, 2014 at 8:09 am

I went to the Beginners Crossfit class at 11AM on Saturday at 781 and LOVED it. I really want to join the box – Dani and Jason were so so nice and created a great work out for us first-timers.

Christine (The Raw Project) February 3, 2014 at 9:11 am

Great pics and awesome workout. I still have not tried CrossFit, maybe this year. :-)

Pam February 3, 2014 at 10:16 am

Your belly is super cute!!
    I can’t believe you can still crossfit while pregnant, that is really awesome!!

Melisa February 3, 2014 at 11:32 am