• What I’m Loving Lately

January 10, 2014

Hi, friends! Happy, happy, happy Friday!

Just wanted to share some things I am especially loving lately. And, of course, I’d love to hear what you’re digging too! Drop me a comment below!

Trader Joe’s in Hingham

We all love Trader Joe’s, right? I mean, who doesn’t? Crazy people that’s for sure. Anyway, a new location went in about 15 minutes away from my house, so I am totally pumped. And this location (in Hingham) is amazing—it’s bigger, better, and not nearly as crowded as other nearby locations. I am in love.

photo 1 (1) (450x600)

I went to the new Trader Joe’s earlier this week, and I definitely went overboard (my shopping cart was ridiculous), but I easily bought enough food to last us a good three weeks (at least), so I won’tneed to go grocery shopping for awhile!

photo 3 (600x450)

Sushi (well, California rolls)

I’ve had a major craving for sushi lately, specifically Volcano rolls from Owl Station, but I’ll take what I can get. Whole Foods and Trader Joe’s makes some pretty decent California rolls, so I have been chowing down on them lately. Sushi, get it my (baby) belly!

photo 4 (450x600)

JUAN PABLO

(Yes, the caps were intentional!)

Anyone else watching The Bachelor? I am totally obsessed with Juan Pablo. I loved him back when he was on The Bachelorette, and I could not understand why Desiree wasn’t more into him. He’s handsome and such a goofball, which is totally my type. He actually reminds me a lot of Mal.

131658_0272

Speaking of my husband, if things don’t work out with him, I’m going after Juan Pablo.

murphnmal

Infinity scarves

I know, where have I been, right? You guys know I’m always a little behind the fashion trends! Winking smile

Anyway, I’m really loving infinity scarfs, especially this gray chevron one pictured below + these other favorites: Black and White Striped Infinity Scarf (versatile), Popcorn Knit Infinity Scarf in Petrolio Blue (cozy), and Animal Circle Infinity Scarf (fun).

infinity_scarf

Kiehl’s products

My love for Kiehl’s products all started with this Powerful Wrinkle Reducing Cream with SPF 30! Since then, I’ve continued to buy all sorts of products from the brand. Yes, they’re a little expensive, but they are truly worth every penny. I actually stopped buying Kiehl’s products for a little awhile because I didn’t want to spend the money, but, overtime, I ended up coming back to them. Basically, once I tried Kiehl’s, I realized just how amazing their products are and then there was no turning back. And I could finally stop messing around with all of those other beauty products out there.

Other favorites from Kiehl’s: Super Multi-Corrective Cream (awesome for travel), Pineapple Papaya Facial Scrub (leaves skin so soft), Clearly Corrective Dark Spot Solution (just started using this – so far, so good!), Grapefruit Exfoliating Body Scrub, and Powerful-Strength Line-Reducing Concentrate.

Side note: CVS sent me a couple of products from the Lumene line that they carry in-store, and I love their Lumene Complete Rewind Recovery Day Cream with SPF 15, which is pretty affordable. I’ve been using it on days when I don’t spend too much time outside, so I can extend the life of my Kiehl’s stuff.

NMC15GU_mx

Pug’s Guide to Etiquette

Some friends bought Mal and me this book for Christmas, and it is so funny. If you own a pug, you know how weird/stubborn/particular they are, so you would definitely get a kick out of this book.

pug book

Mal and I read this book together and we could not get over how accurate it was about so many of Murphy’s “unique” characteristics, which we now realize are just (weird) pug things.

For instance:

photo 1 (600x450)

photo 2 (450x600)

And this was exemplified by one of our walks earlier this week:

Murphy_hates_puddles_

CVS Prenatal Gummy Vitamins

My friends from CVS sent me some of their Prenatal Gummy Vitamins with DHA and Folic Acid, and I have been eating a few of them almost everyday. I am still craving citrus big time, so these are perfect for satisfying my craving while getting a healthy dose of vitamins at the same time.

CrossFit & Pregnancy: The Myths & The Facts

Becky tweeted me this article about CrossFit and pregnancy from Box Life magazine, and I really enjoyed reading it. If you have questions about CrossFit and pregnancy—what’s safe and what’s not—definitely check out this article!

CrossFit-and-Pregnancy-582x319

Questions of the Day

What are you loving/craving/wanting lately?

Are you also loving/obsessed with anything mentioned above in this post?

Lisa January 10, 2014 at 5:27 pm

This winter I have been enjoying catching up on some great documentaries from the library (How to Survive a Plague, Gideon’s Army, The Waiting Room, Searching for Sugar Man)….very thought provoking. My husband and I also have been turning off the TV and reading by the fire in our living room. Love winter!!!

Shel@PeachyPalate January 10, 2014 at 7:23 pm

I’m loving and craving and eating a whole lot of eggs…having been vegan the past three years. I’m now considering fish…specifically salmon and shrimp…!

Kristi January 10, 2014 at 7:30 pm

I’m loving Bedhead’s After Party to tame all these flyaways and static that have been taking over my hair!

Allison January 10, 2014 at 7:35 pm

My TJ’s cart always looks like that too! In our defense, their carts are small! And I’m also a fan of Kiehls- especially their spf body lotion.

Hayley @healthyregards January 10, 2014 at 9:03 pm

YES to so many! 1. I love TJ’s! In california they are everywhere however I just moved to boulder and they are not yet in colorado but are opening some this year, the first one in boulder on valentines day! Sorry all those dates I woulda had (;
    2. Infinity scarves are my go to accessory right now!
    3. I love juan pablo!
    4. I sometimes take prenatals to make my hair grow…. LOL
    5. A friend of mine and professor from my school did a study on crossfit and pregnancy about two years ago, very interesting! : http://journal.crossfit.com/2011/09/crossfit-training-during-pregnancy-and-motherhood-a-new-scientific-frontier.tp

Tina January 10, 2014 at 9:07 pm

Thanks for the link!!

Megan @ Life on Planet Marsz January 11, 2014 at 2:39 pm

@Tina: I tried both the link in your post and the link above and neither of them are working for me. :-/

Kristin January 10, 2014 at 9:15 pm

I love TJ’s(my nickname for Trader Joe’s) and JUAN PABLO! Could he be any more adorable!? I totally admire that you are challenging the notion that you can’t workout when you’re pregnant, great job! xo, DeviousfITgirl

Alyssa @ My Sequined Life January 10, 2014 at 9:49 pm

A Trader Joe’s that ISN’T crowded?!? Now that would be on my dream list! :)

Lately I’ve been loving actually finding the time to read (a real book). I’m halfway through The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo and I can barely put it down. I forgot how great a feeling it is to immerse yourself in reading something that’s not on a computer screen.

Livi January 10, 2014 at 10:29 pm

I am LOVING Juan Pablo! So saucy haha! And he totally knows how cute he is! Can’t wait for this season to really get going!

Christina @ The Beautiful Balance January 11, 2014 at 12:36 am

Infinity scarfs are the best and I am loving that chevron striped one!

Debbie January 11, 2014 at 8:41 am

I was so excited when Trader Joe’s opened in Hingham! I’m in there at least twice a week. If you haven’t tried their Tofu Edamame Nuggets yet, put ‘em on your shopping list. They’re super yummy!

Tina January 11, 2014 at 9:19 am

I actually bought those! Glad to hear they’re good! 😄

Nikki January 11, 2014 at 8:53 am

Noosa yogurt. I mean have you ever tried a strawberry rhubarb flavor? It’s a must!!

Megan @ TheSkinny-Life January 11, 2014 at 9:11 am

Whole Foods is my ultimate favorite, but love Trader Joe’s too!

meghan @ struggle muffins January 11, 2014 at 10:10 am

I was just at that Trader Joe’s yesterday. Its a breath of fresh air compared to the cramped Hanover location. Whenever I go to the Hanover one I end up forgetting items on my list because its so cramped and crowded that I get discombobulated but the Hingham one is big enough that you could do cartwheels in the aisles.

Anna January 11, 2014 at 10:46 am

I wish we had more decent sized health stores close by! That sushi looks amazing as well. Things I’m loving lately: yoga (somehow I forgot how much I love it), apple slices dipped in a bit of almond butter (YUM), new Nike Frees… It’s the little things :)

Annie @ Annie Get Your Run January 11, 2014 at 10:48 am

There are a lot of things I’m loving (for example, TJs), but unfortunately I have started watching Breaking Bad on Netflix and therefore can’t be bothered to live real life right now until the series is over.

Bezzymates January 11, 2014 at 11:13 am

I wish TJ was here.

Nicole January 11, 2014 at 11:35 am

I’m loving San Diego right now…it is literally 100 degrees warmer here than it was in Wisconsin earlier in the week.

Heather January 11, 2014 at 2:18 pm

I too love the gummy prenatal vits bit beware, many brands do not have adequate calcium so I also get calcium chews to supplement.

Elle January 11, 2014 at 6:40 pm

I went to the Hingham TJ’s once and was really confused by the checkout aisles. They had just opened and I think everyone was. Some people ended up standing behind the register next to the cashiers.

I’ve become obsessed with the Cook Smarts menu planning program and am wondering where it has been all my life.

Karen January 11, 2014 at 7:31 pm

When I was pregnant and crossfitting I read this awesome article called “Woding for 2″ in BoxLife magazine. It came at the perfect time during my pregnancy, I think you’ll love it too!!

Tina January 11, 2014 at 7:48 pm

Thanks for the link!! 😄

Jessica Styers January 11, 2014 at 10:58 pm

I love Trader Joes!! I wish they had funny books out there for Chow Chows too. I grew up with Chows and just got my own a year ago. They are super sweet and very loyal. Check out my blog if you want some funny/cute clips of him/Chewbacca. I do love your pug pics! My friend has a pug…they are soooo sweet and cuddly (my puppy is not cuddly haha)!

Tasha January 12, 2014 at 7:36 am

I wish I lived closer to TJ’s! That one looks awesome.

For most of my pregnancy, I took gummi prenatal vitamins. They were awesome! At some point, your OB or midwife might want you to switch to a traditional one because none of the gummis have iron, which you will need to make extra blood for the baby.

I was nervous about taking a traditional one because of the size of the pills. If that is a concern for you, definitely go with NatureMade’s prenatals. They are smaller. I take them with a couple of swallows of orange juice to avoid tasting that medicine-y flavor.

Tina January 12, 2014 at 8:10 am

I take Rainbow Light Prenatal Vitamins. The gummies are just for fun! 😄

Runner Girl Eats January 12, 2014 at 8:01 am

I am dreading the day when I eventually get pregnant and can’t have sushi. I am sad just thinking about it! And I agree, only crazies don’t love TJs.

Mika January 12, 2014 at 9:10 am

When Juan put on his suit for the first time, I broke out in a sweat. lol, he’s a beautiful man!

Katie @ skinnyminniemoves January 12, 2014 at 10:37 am

First of all, love the bachelor. I’ve never missed any seasons, watched from the beginning. Currently loving lululemon headbands. I was never a headband person and now all of a sudden I am wearing them every day and they keep getting bigger. I pretty much think I am axl rose lol

Karen January 12, 2014 at 10:48 am

I love trader joe’s! I wish there was one closer to me than an hour and a half away. So jealous! Right now, I am craving homemade chocolate chip cookies with sprouted wheat. Yum! Is that a strange thing to be craving at 9 in the morning? Haha!

Alex @ Kenzie Life January 12, 2014 at 12:24 pm

We are getting our first trader joe’s next month in Colorado and I actually have the date down in my calendar. After having lived on the East Coast for several years, I realize just how far behind CO is without a TJ’s :) I can’t wait!! I’m craving their dried unsweetened mangos and edamame hummus! My pug does not like going out into the rain or going outside when it’s snowing or there’s snow on the ground. It gets so bad we have to take him outside and wait until he goes to the bathroom because he’d rather hold it in all day.

Sierra @ Posh Meets Pavement January 12, 2014 at 4:24 pm

I have had a major craving for prime rib! I also made this cauliflower -celery root puree and I need to have a bite of it every single time I open the fridge- so good!

Shavonne January 12, 2014 at 9:49 pm

I waas recommended this web site by my cousin. I am not positive whether this
    post is written by means of him as no one else unnderstand such detailed about my problem.
    You’re incredible! Thanks!

julie January 13, 2014 at 7:48 am

lol the pug quirkiness makes me laugh bc my dog (while not a pug) does the same thing with regards to rain, puddles and water in general. If it is raining and I open the door for him to go outside, he looks at me like I’m crazy and won’t go out. So I have to leash him up and walk him out-carefully avoiding any puddles-so he can use the bathroom.

Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic January 13, 2014 at 8:08 am

I used to be obsessed with Kiehl’s shampoo and conditioner! And creme de corps body butter :)

Mahealani @ Spending Time With Salad January 14, 2014 at 5:33 pm

@Bianca @ Confessions of a Chocoholic: Creme de Corps is addicting stuff! So smooth, so good.

Patty @ Reach Your Peak January 13, 2014 at 11:37 am

well-now I”m craving sushi! ;)

Sarah January 14, 2014 at 11:09 am

Just a heads up- you need to be careful about what you put on your skin durin pregnancy. Many anti aging products (notably retinol but others) are contraindicated during pregnancy and while breastfeeding. Also I wouldn’t recommend doubling up on your prenatal, even if the gummy ones are fun – in addition to making you nauseous, it could be an overload for the baby.

Niki January 14, 2014 at 2:24 pm

I love Trader Joes and sushi!! Mmm!!

Mahealani @ Spending Time With Salad January 14, 2014 at 5:32 pm

I confess to eating more Trader Joe’s sushi than I probably should. :P If you love Kiehl’s, try the Abyssine eye cream, it’s SO GOOD!

Stephanie January 15, 2014 at 5:27 pm

My baby boy, Max, is a little over 6 months old. I craved citrus and sour like CRAZY while I was pregnant with him last winter. Everyone told me it meant I was going to have a boy. Turns out they were right. I never know if those old wives’ tales are legit or not.

Also, CONFESSION: I ate a teeny tiny bit of sushi while I was pregnant. :-\

Jillian January 15, 2014 at 9:48 pm

Is the new Trader Joe’s the one by the Shipyard?

At the risk of seeming creepy, but because I think we actually live close to one another from the talk about new Whole Foods… I wish they had put a TJ’s in Braintree where Borders closed, but now it’s a Guitar Center :(

Tina January 15, 2014 at 10:02 pm